Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know many of you think he would be great for the team, but I disagree...players with his play style always look better than they really are because they always have the ball in his hands...for example Steph could have had insane scoring and assist numbers when he was in his prime if he held the ball all possession...but it would have been to the detriment of his team and ppl would be saying "Steph needs help" instead of saying "Steph has a ton of talent around him" because we would have never seen the emergence of Draymond, as he would have been relegated to a spot up shooter, thus wouldn't have gotten minutes...Klay wouldn't have been Klay because he wouldn't have had the opportunity to get the ball as much and build a rhythm game to game...he would have been just another inconsistent spot up shooter (anyone who plays with ball dominant types usually end up being inconsistent shooters because they rarely get to be part of the offense enough to build a rhythm)

trae has never, ever made anyone better...he made players one dimensional and dependent on him...they either shoot or catch lobs...none has ever grown other aspects of their game...so while he will find Wemby a ton on lobs, thats not what we need to win a ring...we don't need a Rudy Robert who can shoot the occasional 3...thats not a generational talent...wemby has the potential to be Jokic mixed with Giannis, mixed with KD...he will simply be a taller christian wood if he plays with trae...or a better example is Porzingis when he played with Luka...by time they reached the playoffs, dude was relegated to being a spot up shooter and only got 10 shots per game, and was made to be the scapegoat because Lukas stats will always look good due to him always having the ball combined with his talent level...good for the player, bad for the team and teammate development...

same issue with lebron his entire career...dude constantly needed an OP tam simply to compete and has never built up a young player...Kyrie was already a multi-time all star by time he played with him...Austin Reeves was a spot up shooter until lebron was "injured" and they realized he could actually do more...every other young player was either traded or didn't develop at all...he has had the most help in NBA history, yet the mantra around him is always "look at lebron's stats! he needs more help!"...players like that have enough help, they just make their teammates inconsistent and one dimensional due to their playstyle

I say all that to say...no Trae Young PLEASE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no surprise that his teams are always mediocre. Like many of us say, a heliocentric guard is a tough sell. Even GSW ran lots of sets that depended on a different hub (Draymond) and not just Curry pounding the crap out of the ball. I don't even know how that kind of player works in Pop's system. You can say ' Pop's system,' but the amount of ball movement and generated assists would crater with a high-usage guard.

And you may say ' a ball movement system,' but then... high-usage Trae doesn't help Atlanta, does it?

Not to mention how his teammates seem to hate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know many of you think he would be great for the team,
    Who are there posters?
    Apparantly i've missed these post.
    I don't know any who have said Trae Young would be great for this team.

No.
    Just no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your hot take that trae Y is mid is hardly controversial, but the old ass lebron slander from 2014 is stale. Lebron is an all time great who expoloits the CBA to build super teams. Hes a HOF guy despite the team wrecking .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TLDR

I recommend three sentences or less per paragraph as opposed to walls of text.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd rather gamble on Dillingham with the Toronto pick, than significantly overpay for Trae.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean he is a heliocentric guy with bad defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect the only way they'd even consider it is if he wants to be a Spur. If he just wants out in general but prefers the typical big/glamor markets, I don't even think they'll really bother.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I'd rather gamble on Dillingham with the Toronto pick, than significantly overpay for Trae.
    Might not get the Toronto pick and even if they do I'm not sold Dillingham will still be on the board when the Spurs would make that pick. But Risacher or Williams plus Dillingham or Sheppard would be really nice. Or even better the #1 pick for Sarr and trade him for a vet.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-04-2024 at 12:04 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your hot take that trae Y is mid is hardly controversial, but the old ass lebron slander from 2014 is stale. Lebron is an all time great who expoloits the CBA to build super teams. Hes a HOF guy despite the team wrecking .
    He is a great player... What does that have to do with the facts stated? That his playstyle has never developed younger players and the only reason he was able to counter that weakness to get rings is to surround himself with already great players and overwhelm teams with lesser talent? Wemby isn't a finished product... He needs ppl around him that can help him grow his game... Not make him one dimensional and dependent on a high usage player passing him the ball...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are there posters?
    Apparantly i've missed these post.
    I don't know any who have said Trae Young would be great for this team.

No.
    Just no.
    I made the same post on Reddit and ppl overwhelmingly want Trae... Same on YouTube

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TLDR

I recommend three sentences or less per paragraph as opposed to walls of text.
    Sorry

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm not even sure a PG is out first priority... I think we need a wing with star potential... Vassel is too low IQ, and frankly can't see him as the 2nd option to a championship team... But maybe a 3rd or 4th... Tre Jones is a low-usage elite passer... 4-1 assist/turnover ratio is almost double Tre Young, and his almost 50% shooting eclipses Trae's 43%... He is a good starting PG for a team that requires the ball to be in the hands of Wemby and any other young budding star wing we can get in the draft or via trade... Huge reason Brandon Miller has actually started to look better with Lamelo out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm not even sure a PG is out first priority... I think we need a wing with star potential... Vassel is too low IQ, and frankly can't see him as the 2nd option to a championship team... But maybe a 3rd or 4th... Tre Jones is a low-usage elite passer... 4-1 assist/turnover ratio is almost double Tre Young, and his almost 50% shooting eclipses Trae's 43%... He is a good starting PG for a team that requires the ball to be in the hands of Wemby and any other young budding star wing we can get in the draft or via trade... Huge reason Brandon Miller has actually started to look better with Lamelo out
    We have tre, and no one else. When he missed a recent game, we got blown out. Our top need is PG.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    this is not an unpopular opinion at all

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have tre, and no one else. When he missed a recent game, we got blown out. Our top need is PG.
    Disagree... He is the exact type of PG we need for a team that is developing young stars.... The league is dominated now by bigs and tall wings... They're the ones who win championships more than anyone else... Find a decent backup for Trae, or a cheap starter that can run the team like CP3... but the absolute focus should be finding a second star level wing or draft and develop one that has star potential... Getting a "star" PG like Trae Young will only take the ball out of the hands of the players that need to be developed in order for us to win rings again... Making our potential star wing stand at the 3 point line waiting for a Trae Young pass isn't gonna develop anyone or win rings... Never has

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG is the greater need because although Johnson maybe more suited for 6th man and Champagnie for fringe rotation, that's still better than backup Jones and replacement players Wesley and Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's no surprise that his teams are always mediocre. Like many of us say, a heliocentric guard is a tough sell.
    I mean he is a heliocentric guy with bad defense.
    An undersized heliocentric guard with bad defense and a career 3pt% that's closer to Westbrook's than it is to Steph's...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a popular take, but I’m rooting for Blake Wesley to develop his offensive game more and take the starting PG position. Already Blake is an elite POA defender, next only to Wemby. He has the first-step to breakdown defenses and create open shots. He needs shooting, and finishing in the rim.

I’m not against drafting a PG. But if Spurs got the #1 pick, I’m drafting Sarr and not a PG. Last night was evident that the Spurs are too short (besides Wemby). Spurs need another tall defensive athletic PF/C to help Wemby. Wemby needs a Brooks Lopez-like against Embiid, Zion, Garett.

I like Risacher or Topic, but I’d take Sarr first, develop Wesley and see where he is by end of this season. And I would definitely slide Sochan to SF and Vassell to SG, and bring a big body next to Wemby at PF/C position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a popular take, but I’m rooting for Blake Wesley to develop his offensive game more and take the starting PG position. Already Blake is an elite POA defender, next only to Wemby. He has the first-step to breakdown defenses and create open shots. He needs shooting, and finishing in the rim.

I’m not against drafting a PG. But if Spurs got the #1 pick, I’m drafting Sarr and not a PG. Last night was evident that the Spurs are too short (besides Wemby). Spurs need another tall defensive athletic PF/C to help Wemby. Wemby needs a Brooks Lopez-like against Embiid, Zion, Garett.

I like Risacher or Topic, but I’d take Sarr first, develop Wesley and see where he is by end of this season. And I would definitely slide Sochan to SF and Vassell to SG, and bring a big body next to Wemby at PF/C position.
    He’s not a PF, and we’ve seen what happens when pairing Wemby with a non shooting big. It isn’t pretty..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'd take Risacher first.... that said, if we landed the top pick I'd canvas the trade market for a vet or moving back just a tad..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made the same post on Reddit and ppl overwhelmingly want Trae... Same on YouTube
    social media, casual fans, flashy players.

Fairly sure few here would welcome Trae in SA. Spurs don't need to put a self-centered, bad at ude, bad teammate ball hog in Wemby's legs. You mostly want Victor to have the ball in his hands and have the most shoots.

We're already mumbling on Devin or Sochan freezing Vic, so imagine Trae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, besides the fact he can't shoot or finish... he'd be perfect.

No offense, but If Blake is our starter down the road, something went wrong...

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all are crazy. Trae would be fantastic with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae with Wemby would be fantastic, though surely there'll be other options available when it's time.

Thread Information