Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should be a Playoff team next year. That's not rushing anything, that's a necessary first step. "Fundamentals" can still be taught in that environment.
    It'd be an absolute miracle if they were a playoff team next year tbh. You could have convinced me of a play in ceiling heading into this season but after seeing the rotations, the "coaching" and "talent" level on this current squad, I wouldn't hold my breath for another few years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC seems to have deliberately made the decision to have everyone on the roster able to Dribble, Pass, Shoot

Even the backup centers they play, though unconventional, can dribble pass shoot. Their bigs shoot better than their smalls

Do the Spurs have such a plan?

Because they seem to have a roster aside from Wemby that are missing 1, 2, or all 3 of those traiits

And when they find a big who can't shoot or dribble or pass without equal turnovers or rebound or defend ....

They give them capspace wrecking contracts lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see the predictable sniffer posts in the first page lol “pop just murdered 90% of y’all by losing 20+ straight games.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf bro, not sure where did you ing live in your life but French media are quite ok compared to the rest of the world. English media are simply atrocious, Spanish ones are terrible, Italian are not that much of an upgrade and don't get me started with Brazilian ones... even german media loves drama and invents bs all the time

Also France isn't a sport country ? what ?
    I’m French buddy…

I meant not a CLUB sport country, it’s just factual… Ligue1 5th league in Europe despite France producing the most players and having the most licencié in Europe.
    but top of the pyramid, the elites, (Parisian) medias have no clue

Only 1 national sport newspaper called “le torchon” or RMC the populist/clickbait radio with the worst pundits one can imagine (mainly former average players)…

plenty of beautiful stuff about our country but the way sport is dealt with is pathetic

basketball maybe less impacted by incompetence than football but still… have u heard the questions french journalists ask?? They barely speak English and ask naive/stupid questions that shows they have no clue where they’re at or who’s Pop for ex ffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about OKC when I said "based on the model of another team that hasn't won a Championship with that model either."

I was not talking about OKC when I said "The great teams." OKC hasn't won .
    Strong incremental progress doesn’t matter to you?

BTW, I think they’ll be a conference finals team this year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but that would lower our chance of winning the lottery. gotta be patient on acceleration. we gotta lag for flagg

and then 2026 we become a loozer for boozer
    Would rather they their pants uh for Dybantsa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure the Spurs will be tanking in 2025

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should be a Playoff team next year. That's not rushing anything, that's a necessary first step. "Fundamentals" can still be taught in that environment.
    Serious ing optimism. I don't see anything from the team indicating any seriousness about being on a path that ends in the play-in, much less being a play-off team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strong incremental progress doesn’t matter to you?

BTW, I think they’ll be a conference finals team this year.
    I think the Thunder will be a WCF, but that doesn't say much. The last two years iirc had the Mavericks and then the Lakers there, and they were two of the worst teams we've ever seen in that rung. Two years ago the playoffs were so ty a pretty mediocre Warriors team made it through and beat a wet-behind-the-ears Celtics team. Last year Denver was the only Western Conference team that was in any way prepared for the playoffs. Meanwhile the Heat, a play-in, made it to the Finals.

The league is so crappy right now, which makes it impressive how ing terrible the Spurs are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to invite all of you who work in jobs where you have a boss... next time an assignment or project is due and your boss asks you about it... just tell him that he needs to be patient. Nothing should be rushed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to invite all of you who work in jobs where you have a boss... next time an assignment or project is due and your boss asks you about it... just tell him that he needs to be patient. Nothing should be rushed.
    Normally even NBA coaches can't use that excuse but since Pop somehow has a lifetime gig here he's a special case.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Pop just murdered 90% of y’all:

“The ones that think [sic] things should move faster or that don't understand we aren't winning all games.. it says more about them than about basketball.”
    He's being disingenuous if he claims the detractors expect him to win all games. He's also being dishonest about bringing in a vet, or at least not completely forthright. A vet helps teach younger players, he doesn't detract from teaching them. If what Pop said was true then other teams with 1st overall picks wouldn't want to put vet players around them in fear they might not be properly trained in the NBA play style. Pop could have put almost any 4 g league players with Victor and claimed he was teaching them how to become better players.

Pop's hubris is at an all time high. Some of you are idiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just murdered 90% of y’all:

“The ones that think [sic] things should move faster or that don't understand we aren't winning all games.. it says more about them than about basketball.”

Big sniff energy tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You god dam right trust that motha fckn process

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Nice to see Pop taking time to actually answer questions, and not just be snarky. I Wish he showed the media here the same respect.
    I believe I saw this pregame interview, it was with all the press IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: "We don't don't want to rush things like basic entry passes, throwing the ball to your open 7'4" best player near the rim."

Sniffers: "Oh Pop you have soo much wisdom. Allow me to sniff your shorts."

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I believe I saw this pregame interview, it was with all the press IIRC.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smua1cINiCQ

Feels a lot like a similar interview.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop: "We don't don't want to rush things like basic entry passes, throwing the ball to your open 7'4" best player near the rim."

Sniffers: "Oh Pop you have soo much wisdom. Allow me to sniff your shorts."
    ers 2020: We’re on the treadmill! We need to burn it down and tank!

ers 2024: Losing sucks! Let’s shortcut it, and be Houston!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

purposely being disingenuous in defense of Pop

Houston also doesn't have anyone with the ceiling of Victor, not even close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m French buddy…

I meant not a CLUB sport country, it’s just factual… Ligue1 5th league in Europe despite France producing the most players and having the most licencié in Europe.
    but top of the pyramid, the elites, (Parisian) medias have no clue

Only 1 national sport newspaper called “le torchon” or RMC the populist/clickbait radio with the worst pundits one can imagine (mainly former average players)…

plenty of beautiful stuff about our country but the way sport is dealt with is pathetic

basketball maybe less impacted by incompetence than football but still… have u heard the questions french journalists ask?? They barely speak English and ask naive/stupid questions that shows they have no clue where they’re at or who’s Pop for ex ffs
    I know you’re French that’s why I asked where did you live outside France. When you say France is not a club sport country it is true for some sportco like football and basket. As for the media honestly france is not that bad, I lived in Spain, uk, us and brazil. Go watch chirunguito and then come back complaining about rmc

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can assure everyone that next year call it what you want either we sucking or we tanking but this team is being built through the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we did burn it down and tank. and landed wemby. that was the tank

and then the same squad as last year + wemby is playing worse than the same squad last year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course we all knew it already, but it's nice to hear Pop publicly admit after just half a season that Victor is our franchise player and we're going to build around him.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious ing optimism. I don't see anything from the team indicating any seriousness about being on a path that ends in the play-in, much less being a play-off team.
    You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying that they will actually be a playoff team. I'm saying they should. They have the assets and the centerpiece to do it. They don't have the sense of urgency. So we agree on the likelihood and the reasons.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's easy to have patience when you can't get fired and you're 75 years old. More specifically, and sort of tangentially, in life you have to be able to hold two contradictory ideas simultaneously. Patience in a rebuild is important. But there still has to be standards, expectations, boundaries.

It's unclear when or even if Pop can hold players accountable. KJ, Vassell are still learning, sure, but I don't see much emphasis of defense, for example. Each season we keep hoping for an even small paradigm shift in approach.

So I think the haters/ ers take things to a hypocritical level, there still can be a critique of Pop that doesn't resemble weird stalking. Really hard to say where Pop's motivation is; he seems content to slow dance into retirement. We need a younger coach who has some urgency while still in the big picture understanding patience. Patience should be behind closed doors, not trotted out as a philosophy.

Thread Information