Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there goes the only 40% 3PT shooter on the roster.

A necessary sacrifice but still pouring one out because with Brian's ap ude for signing/drafting outside scorers it may be some time before we see another.
    technically barlow is making 43% of his

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a good but a quite meaningless trade. The pick is basically as good as a second round pick could be for Spurs: Spurs don't have that much picks in 2029 and Clippers could be quite bad at that time.

Serious business for Spurs FO will start this summer with the draft and hopefully more.

I'm curious so see what Spurs will do with the available roster spot. Giving a full-time contract to Barlow seems to be the most logical choice if they can find an agreement.
    They did that last year with Bassey. He got his big club deal after the trade deadline opened up a roster spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an idiotic signing and extension of Pops Pet McForbesbot.

Weren't there tons of Sniffers 2021-2023 who were saying how valuable he was and how he would garner a 1st round pick for sure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, we did....something, I guess.

Not sure I would have gotten rid of the only elite shooter on a team deeply struggling with shooting and spacing, but I guess we are officially back in the tank so whatever.

Now we can watch Johnson, Collins, and Champ brick more threes (Wemby deserves to be in this category too but he can do whatever he wants)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not a contender that had a number one pick to make. I think last year he could’ve got a first round pick, but this year he comes off the bench and plays sparingly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this means we call up Sidy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this means we call up Sidy.
    Sidy is already on the 15 man roster, and could come up and play as many games as they need him to. Barlow has played 22 of the 45 games he’s limited to by the 2way rules. The need to buy out Morris, and convert him to an NBA deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barlow could play in the vast majority (23 of 31) of the remaining games, so there isn't an urgency to sign him a full deal, but it sure would be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy is already on the 15 man roster, and could come up and play as many games as they need him to. Barlow has played 22 of the 45 games he’s limited to by the 2way rules. The need to buy out Morris, and convert him to an NBA deal.
    Ahh what I should have said is hopefully it means Sidy gets minutes on the big club. I'd also take a look at Killian Hayes. 6'5, showed improvement last year or the year before when he was actually playing. Solid defender. I think he has a bit of an offensive game (probably not much different than Tre's and is just a casualty of Detroit having guys like Cade/Ivey in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh what I should have said is hopefully it means Sidy gets minutes on the big club. I'd also take a look at Killian Hayes. 6'5, showed improvement last year or the year before when he was actually playing. Solid defender. I think he has a bit of an offensive game (probably not much different than Tre's and is just a casualty of Detroit having guys like Cade/Ivey in front of him.
    Dom Barlow has showed more as an NBA player than Hayes, and has earned a big club contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More minutes for Wesley!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More minutes for Wesley!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What an idiotic signing and extension of Pops Pet McForbesbot.

Weren't there tons of Sniffers 2021-2023 who were saying how valuable he was and how he would garner a 1st round pick for sure?
    No.
    Maybe one dude who was vocal, but that was about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs have received the max cash allowed for a NBA team this season ($6.5M). They got about $5.8M from Phoenix to buy out Payne, $400K from Cavs to buy out Lamar Stevens and $320K in this trade.

Even if they received some cash here, this trade will cost some money to Spurs. The $320K isn't enough to offset Morris higher remaining salary (about $1M). Spurs spend few $100K to get that second round pick.

AFAIK, Spurs haven't send cash in trade this season, they could still send $6.5M in cash during draft night to make a move. If they do a draft day trade where they received cash, the trade will need to be agreed in principle and then be done in July. With the new two days format for the draft, we might see a lot of trades for second round picks and cash is often a big part in these trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great deal. The one thing we needed, more than anything else, is a 2029 2nd rounder. Props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham is going to get more minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should get some good passes from Halliburton. Goodluck McBucket!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright got a positive asset from Forbes and McForbes. You should be ashamed for doubting this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel bad for the person who has to conpile the tribute video!! Welcome back Marcus Morris!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the new two days format for the draft, we might see a lot of trades for second round picks and cash is often a big part in these trades.
    Good point regarding the new draft format. The extra day will allow for a lot more negotiating and dealmaking than the roughly hour-long scramble that the second round has been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is not a contender that had a number one pick to make. I think last year he could’ve got a first round pick, but this year he comes off the bench and plays sparingly.
    The reason for not trading him last year was ____?

Great deal. The one thing we needed, more than anything else, is a 2029 2nd rounder. Props.
    Why would the Spurs possibly want to help that 100 bag Marcus Morris.
    Ya, they are giving him some money and freeing him up to sign with another team. Why in the ?
    Marcus Morris to Spurs, who will buy him out | HoopsHype

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid. Don't like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A breath of fresh air.

Yes i know this is dipsticksMarcus' twin Markeif.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not a huge deal that moves the needle but literally it doesn't hurt the Spurs at all to do this and they get an asset. All it does is cost them money. There's literally no downside to this trade. It doesn't seem important - and its not huge or anything - but this is the exact kind of small deal that adds up to a big difference when you do them a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone thinking McDermott was bringing in a first round pick last year is ing delusional. I am legit surprised he even brought in a 2nd rounder this year and it took the Spurs eating some salary for that to be the case.

Thread Information