Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we're 100% certain Morris is getting bought out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That second rounder has a chance to be so good that Wright will trade it for 2 notably worse seconds like in 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems to be the case. but would be nice for sochan to have real compe ion at the PF spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they're waiting for the buyout deadline to pass so Morris can't join a playoff team tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they're waiting for the buyout deadline to pass so Morris can't join a playoff team tbh.
    Would sleazeball Morris be required to suit up and travel with the team until the pass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would sleazeball Morris be required to suit up and travel with the team until the pass?
    Just under no cir stances allow him to practice with the team.

(What can go wrong will go wrong.)
    Last edited by Russ; 02-10-2024 at 09:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just under no cir stances allow him to practice with the team.
    There has to some cir stance where we can send his bum ass to the GLeague. Call it practice, fake the papers, I don't care.

Marcus Morris is one of the reasons the LMA/DDR/Murray Spurs never had a chance, and I do NOT want to see him play a single minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris did what he did but it was a typical Brian Wrong move to replace Morris with bum ass DeMarre Carroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Brian Wright could do is have the Jokic brothers come here and when Morris goes to meet the front office folks, have them cut him.
    Nice. I always enjoy unnecessary returns in a grudge scenario.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Morris brothers have become known for being s in their time in the league at this point. Neither one has ever really been at the point of worth the amount of headache they are. It's probably worth the little bit of extra Money to with him a little bit so that he files a complaint with the players union about the spurs before cutting him to show all the players and agents that the spurs 1. Will reward you and treat you great if you are a character guy and professional and will make your life miserable if you with them.

You can also do fun stuff, like have the team physical guy and a videographer have a guy do wind sprints for 10 minutes then the physician assistant blood pressure cuff him and listen to his heart for a second, say he doesn't have his heart rate up must be slacking on the sprints and send him out for another 10 minutes to try and get his heart rate where you want for the physical before you let him dress for Austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that Morris still hasn't been waived.

I wonder if Spurs just don't want to waive him with his full salary and are asking him to give up a part of it if he wants to be free and plays elsewhere.

Given their past, it would be understandable that Spurs don't want to make him that gift.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems that Morris still hasn't been waived.

I wonder if Spurs just don't want to waive him with his full salary and are asking him to give up a part of it if he wants to be free and plays elsewhere.

Given their past, it would be understandable that Spurs don't want to make him that gift.
    They don’t always waive guys immediately. Didn’t offload Birch until near training camp. I’m sure they’re asking for a buyout discount, and are being met with resistance that will dissolve as the ‘cut and sign with a playoff team’ deadline approaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, agree to a buyout, get waived and then join like your six or seventh team. Want to be a jerk still, the spurs can wait until the other teams have signed the buyout candidates and Morris will be left holding a bag of nothing. Adios asshole, don't let the door hit you on the way out. This clown should be glad he is still getting a salary.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revenge is like a dish best served cold, to quote Ricardo Montelban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How much extra would Spurs have to pay bag if they held him beyond the time he could join another team this season?

I know that depends on how much he would / would not agree to a buyout prior to the join deadline.

But if Spurs keep him so he cannot leech on with another team, how much $?

Might be worth it imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning culture

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get rid of him, sign barlow to an NBA contract, and push Zach to the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d pay money to see him mentor antman. Can help take out a future threat in the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if they waive Morris, there are only so many teams below the second apron that can sign him - most of which are playoff teams. He won't get much more than the minimum if he signs somewhere else. Dude should just call it an early vacation for the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do find it interesting that there is very little news so far about the Spurs and Morris...or their intentions.

I assume he is going to be waived and other reports seem to assume that as well...but nothing official has come out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do find it interesting that there is very little news so far about the Spurs and Morris...or their intentions.

I assume he is going to be waived and other reports seem to assume that as well...but nothing official has come out.
    When do the Spurs ever broadcast their intentions or any kind of negotiations? With extensions, it frequently came down to the last day, and when it was done, they had a presser. This will likely be the same, unless Morris’s camp absolutely caves. They’re also keeping him from playing games, so he’ll be out of shape if it goes all the way to the deadline.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'd tell Morris he's not getting waived unless he gives up all the money.
    him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if he is waived, doesn't his new team sign him for some low amount and the old team (the Spurs in this case) have to pay the delta between his new contract and the old one?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, if he is waived, doesn't his new team sign him for some low amount and the old team (the Spurs in this case) have to pay the delta between his new contract and the old one?
    It's usually a buyout.
    For example, Morris is on $17M. (wtf, lmao)
    There's 5 months left on the contract, around $7M.

If he wants to leave with a buyout, he has to agree to leave a certain amount of money on the table, that's how it usually goes.
    Let's say Spurs pay him $5M to end the contract and then he signs for veteran minimum with a contender.

Since he's a s bag, I'd tell him he's not allowed to leave unless he leaves those $7M on the table. Why would Spurs help him?

Thread Information