Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some peeps were looking at this as an investment.

Would you say outstanding future growth ops?

Is this population 99% Trump s with farm animals as wives?
    Hey, lets be fair, progressive and not misogystic. 99% Trump s with farm animals as husbands?

Seriously has anyone been here and had an intelligent conversation with the locals?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Other than hunting or tubing down the river, not much to do there. All the growth for a town that seems sorta similar is over in New Braunfels

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Some peeps were looking at this as an investment.

Would you say outstanding future growth ops?

Is this population 99% Trump s with farm animals as wives?
    Hey, lets be fair, progressive and not misogystic. 99% Trump s with farm animals as husbands?

Seriously has anyone been here and had an intelligent conversation with the locals?
    Doesn't matter who's there now...any city technically on the *outskirts* of a place like Austin or DFW is probably a safe bet as people who work remote or only have to go in one or two days a week can afford to move further and further out. In Dallas, there's pretty much no limit anymore as to how far North and East of the Big D people are willing to move...I'd imagine the same with Austin

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Other than hunting or tubing down the river, not much to do there. All the growth for a town that seems sorta similar is over in New Braunfels
    The folk festival is pretty big

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    It depends where in Kerrville. You can go extremely good or pretty ty. Either way land is almost always a good investment.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Great place to go around sunset with a rifle+silencer and a pickup truck and camp out and come back home at around 4am with 6-8 deer ready to be processed

They literally hang out on the sides of the road especially westbound so they're like shooting fish in a barrel. They're pretty small even as adults out that way but you can bag a lot of em.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The real deal here is people want to live in the unincorporated part of the Hill Country. With no regulation. (Business friendly Texas ya know).
    Good luck with water and the Llano river (which is absolutely beautiful but will not stay that way)
    Gonna take a lot of wealthy people who love the Hill country second home or want to retire there agreeing. They are mostly on the red team so cooperation over selfishness with things like water is going to be a mess Imo. Good luck with that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Great place to go around sunset with a rifle+silencer and a pickup truck and camp out and come back home at around 4am with 6-8 deer ready to be processed

They literally hang out on the sides of the road especially westbound so they're like shooting fish in a barrel. They're pretty small even as adults out that way but you can bag a lot of em.
    So kerrville is great site for anyone on ST who is into poaching.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    If you can reasonably afford land in Kerrville, get it imo. Same with NB but at this point it's prolly too late. I'd honestly start looking for land around Mountain Home tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    So kerrville is great site for anyone on ST who is into poaching.
    It is indeed poaching but you're doing a good deed because there are way too many deer, eating deer venison is greener for the earth than beef, and most importantly you're taking deer off I-10 which means less serious accidents, large insurance claims, and potential severe injuries and deaths because that stretch of road is 80MPH posted speed limit even at night.

You just got to stealth hunt and assume any pair of lights whizzing down the same side might be a sheriff or a snitch, not to take any chances. Park the pickup truck several yards into the grass facing the right direction, don't put your hazards or lights on, and keep a low profile & do your business.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    If you can reasonably afford land in Kerrville, get it imo. Same with NB but at this point it's prolly too late. I'd honestly start looking for land around Mountain Home tbh.
    NB is just the same humid subtropical flat as SA and I-35 is slammed.

Mountain Home..., oh boy, on May 1st 2021, I was stuck there in a yuge thunderstorm and ran out of gas. The only time I was out of gas and had to call the insurance company to bring me gas. It took them about 2 hours. I was parked in some grass on the access road, I believe. I remember while passing that time reading on my phone the Cowboys blogs the disappointing 2nd day draft picks that were made I think the day before, Osa Odighizuwa and Kelvin Joseph and Chauncey Golston... who? Seemed like busts to me.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    It is indeed poaching but you're doing a good deed because there are way too many deer, eating deer venison is greener for the earth than beef, and most importantly you're taking deer off I-10 which means less serious accidents, large insurance claims, and potential severe injuries and deaths because that stretch of road is 80MPH posted speed limit even at night.

You just got to stealth hunt and assume any pair of lights whizzing down the same side might be a sheriff or a snitch, not to take any chances. Park the pickup truck several yards into the grass facing the right direction, don't put your hazards or lights on, and keep a low profile & do your business.
    Based and poach-pilled tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

You really are asking people to get a huge fine AND possibly go spend some nights in county jail for a week or two.
    You start shooting rifles from State property on roads. And land owners in the area will go out to see what’s up. Especially if you happen to kill one behind a fence. This is really stupid and not easy. People who live close or in the entire Hill country understand the overpopulation problem. But using this excuse while doing what you recommend for meat is absolutely absurd. The land owners will get their fill of doe for friends and family. They have no use for law breakers.

Go to a TPW meeting and suggest a culling hunt where needed. Then Get a lottery ticket.

Btw there is a huge population of deer in the whole Greenway system through San Antonio. A culling operation with bow and arrow would probably be a good idea. Close off the the system to hikers, bikers and walkers for a week here and there. There are more than enough hunters who are tired of hunting with rifles and have taken up more sporting hunting. Or they have just turned to aiming a camera lens at deer.

The price of leasing due to selfish land owners has cut off access to hunting for many Texans. My fathers friends are livid and always bugging him to get his rich land owning clients to give them a go for excess doe.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    You really are asking people to get a huge fine AND possibly go spend some nights in county jail for a week or two.
    You start shooting rifles from State property on roads. And land owners in the area will go out to see what’s up. Especially if you happen to kill one behind a fence. This is really stupid and not easy. People who live close or in the entire Hill country understand the overpopulation problem. But using this excuse while doing what you recommend for meat is absolutely absurd. The land owners will get their fill of doe for friends and family. They have no use for law breakers.

Go to a TPW meeting and suggest a culling hunt where needed. Then Get a lottery ticket.

Btw there is a huge population of deer in the whole Greenway system through San Antonio. A culling operation with bow and arrow would probably be a good idea. Close off the the system to hikers, bikers and walkers for a week here and there. There are more than enough hunters who are tired of hunting with rifles and have taken up more sporting hunting. Or they have just turned to aiming a camera lens at deer.

The price of leasing due to selfish land owners has cut off access to hunting for many Texans.
    My fathers friends are livid and always bugging him to get his rich land owning clients to give them a go for excess doe.
    This is the real problem.

"Get a lottery ticket" -- that. I'm not living my life off mere chance. I take life by the horns; what happens, happens. que sera, sera. etc. Also, I'm not picky about deer. I won't intentionally kill fawns, but bucks vs doe... i could care less. I don't need more wall mounts, already have enough. Doe meat has more adipose (fat) anyway which is useful in cooking.

Standard bow and arrow I cannot do, I don't have the skill for that, I've shot guns my whole life, I'm not Legolas or some elf or Indian or Na'vi from Avatar. I'd need a laser powered one to kill a deer in a specific spot (less room for error with bow hunting vs gun hunting) and they're expensive or so I've heard.

Also I don't need to kill any behind a fence. They're all literally right on the grass on the road side of the fence, just to the side of the narrow shoulder on WB I-10 in the hill country; ready to dart across the highway whenever there's not a massive truck coming. And they do, especially from mid September through about mid December, from about 9pm to 4-5am. They cause many car accidents.

Maybe state governments can start killing thousands of wild deer and feeding them to the homeless instead of giving them welfare and food stamps to buy overfished fish and carbon-heavy beef?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

So you're saying you pull off onto the shoulder I-10 on/ near the Kerrville area and start shooting deer right there.

Makes perfect sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    So you're saying you pull off onto the shoulder I-10 on/ near the Kerrville area and start shooting deer right there.

Makes perfect sense.
    Hes a fkn idiot.
    Let him go to jail.

He is trying to rationalize the rules by portraying himself as the great deer culler.
    This is the same guy that stole food from a charity meal center.
    So he is use to "taking life by the horns" By stealing from charities.

Damn we have some wackos on this board...
    The celibate and m and m would make a fantastic company team.
    Its like you really want to invest in what they have to offer... Christ amighty...
    Last edited by pgardn; 02-10-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And I absolutely love venison.
    But not enough to be a complete idiot.
    I would also love to see this idiot actually go through the whole shebang of processing a deer.

And then store it in his little beer fridge. Love to see him making sausage using pig as well. It would be hilarious.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    And I absolutely love venison.
    But not enough to be a complete idiot.
    I would also love to see this idiot actually go through the whole shebang of processing a deer.

And then store it in his little beer fridge. Love to see him making sausage using pig as well. It would be hilarious.
    Marissa and I took a class on this in northwestern Michigan in 2019

During hunting season we were more into campfires and romantic sunsets in beaches and nearby woods in state/county parks, but when we went hunting that Oct/Nov we did bag a buck and a couple does. We paid the guys about $200 to process them all but we were right there with them and participating a little bit learning to do that on the job kinesthetically per se. We promised one another we would do it just as a couple the next year's hunting season. Unfortunately, the next year was 2020 and Marissa was out of my life after March 13th.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Backstrap steak is the best venison. Ideally braised with a little green and red chile like they do it in Albuquerque, unfortunately that place closed forever in 2020. The grounds, sausage etc is okay but nothing really special about ground deer vs ground beef. I've made ground deer stroganoff, chili, spaghetti.... it's fine.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Makes perfect sense.
    Been there, done that, & my buddy and I didn't go to jail.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hes a fkn idiot.
    Let him go to jail.
    Did I mention the whole part about bringing the silencer? It's the key to avoiding getting in trouble if you know what to do in the dark.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Did I mention the whole part about bringing the silencer? It's the key to avoiding getting in trouble if you know what to do in the dark.
    Get caught with that and see what happens.

Jesus...

Just dont do this.
    Its just not worth it.
    Im sorry I called you an idiot.
    But please just dont do this because its more likely to lead to bad outcomes.
    Please.

I have many friends who are hunters and some now only use cameras.
    I have seen everything to be done with deer processing, smoking, all of it.
    dont do this anymore. You will not regret it. Just find some friends who are hunters and do it the right way.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Been there, done that, & my buddy and I didn't go to jail.
    Win win!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hes a fkn idiot.
    Let him go to jail.

He is trying to rationalize the rules by portraying himself as the great deer culler.
    This is the same guy that stole food from a charity meal center.
    So he is use to "taking life by the horns" By stealing from charities.

Damn we have some wackos on this board...
    The celibate and m and m would make a fantastic company team.
    Its like you really want to invest in what they have to offer... Christ amighty...
    he's never done it, cmon man. The whole point of spotlighting is, well, the spotlight.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The only 2 things this dude has been honest about are his hairy feet and oedipos complex

Thread Information