Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never seen a PG so afraid to score as Wesley. I mean, he'll sometimes get by someone...and then turn all the way around and run back out to the 3 point line. He just wants to give up the ball...which ain't a horrible attribute for a pg. But, at some point, you gotta score.

And yeah, I like his defense, except when he goes for steals. Like all the Spurs youngbloods, they all go for steals, which always puts them out of position if they don't make the steal, which they usually don't.

So, as far as taking over from Tre, shouldn't be close. But, then again...it's POP. He had Sochan running point. That should put to rest every person who thinks Pop is a good coach. He ain't He just ain't.

Overall, the team is just f'ing horrible. lol
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 02-09-2024 at 11:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have yet to see him make a layup so maybe when he accomplishes that we can think about it.
    Blake is actually a great finisher and very athletic. If only he were about 3-4 inches taller, we'd have our Bruce Bowen 2.0

He's one of the only prospects on this roster worth another year or two of development. He's got all of the natural talent on the defensive end and if he can have even a mid (for a bench PG) offense, he'll be a keeper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never seen a PG so afraid to score as Wesley. I mean, he'll sometimes get by someone...and then turn all the way around and run back out to the 3 point line. He just wants to give up the ball...which ain't a horrible attribute for a pg. But, at some point, you gotta score.

And yeah, I like his defense, except when he goes for steals. Like all the Spurs youngbloods, they all go for steals, which always puts them out of position if they don't make the steal, which they usually don't.

So, as far as taking over from Tre, shouldn't be close. But, then again...it's POP. He had Sochan running point. That should put to rest every person who thinks Pop is a good coach. He ain't He just ain't.

What better season to give developing players live reps? Next year hopefully we see different lineups

Believe.
    Post Count
    What better season to give developing players live reps? Next year hopefully we see different lineups
    Hopefully?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's so quick, I wish he could make lay ups. He'd be a force. I think him always giving up the ball is mostly Pop telling him not to drive cause he can't finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intriguing player for sure. We need him to keep developing, needs to be able to knock down open shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    next year we’ll be one Wemby injury away from The Top pick in the draft.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ben Simmons was a tiny bit more scared tp score for awhile.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is actually a great finisher and very athletic. If only he were about 3-4 inches taller, we'd have our Bruce Bowen 2.0

He's one of the only prospects on this roster worth another year or two of development. He's got all of the natural talent on the defensive end and if he can have even a mid (for a bench PG) offense, he'll be a keeper.
    What Blake are you talking about? Sure he’s improved some, but he has a loooong way to go before we can call him a “great finisher.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Blake are you talking about? Sure he’s improved some, but he has a loooong way to go before we can call him a “great finisher.”
    The same one who got a steal and dunked over two or three Nets in transition last night.

https://bleacherreport.com/videos/52...throws-it-down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same one who got a steal and dunked over two or three Nets in transition last night.

Ok he can dunk the question is can he finish layups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is giving him a role both to minimize his mistakes and and able to stay out there. Wesley is far from a complete player. Defensively he is already an elite. Offensively he can break defense with his dribble penetration and kick to an open man, but will attack the rim when open. It’s not being afraid. The kid has plenty of dog in him (remember the pre-draft tryout, getting on with, I suspect, Malaki). Pop loves that dog in him, coaching him on the sideline every time and Wesley attentively listening. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out in the off-season completely a different player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok now post the highlights from his blown dunks recently as well. He has improved but calling him a great finisher is laughable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok now post the highlights from his blown dunks recently as well. He has improved but calling him a great finisher is laughable.
    I haven't honestly seen him blow too many dunks. I remember one from recently but that's it.

I admit calling him a "great" finisher is probably hyperbole But acting like he's trash at finishing also just as hyperbolic. He's a terrific dunker and can do so in traffic. Given some more time, I think he will be an above average finisher. Might not have many shots in the paint, but the shots he will get should go in at a high clip.

I'm more than willing to keep him just for his D, though. Especially if we get somebody (a PG) like Trae Young, who obviously sucks at D. Maybe he can be hidden on someone while Blake comes in or Blake can at least harass people when trae would get a breather.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure if this was a typo. but to go from arguably one of the worst players in the NBA to a rotation worthy one in a year is extremely fast progress.
    I look forward to when Blake enters the game too as there is a potential there to be a formidable force if his game keeps improving like it has.
    Nobody on this team has the ability to beat their initial defender to spots off the dribble quite like Blake.
    Loved that we saw a floater from him against Orlando.
    I phrased it clumsily

The defense came on fast, that looked like an NBA skill

The other parts like finishing, floater/mid range, shot selection, I think that's coming slowly but is improving incrementally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might just be me, but seems like Blake is shooting better from 3. Don’t get me wrong, I still shudder at the thought of him shooting them, but seems like he’s made more 3s in the past few games on minimal attempts. I was at the Nets game last Saturday, and I think the biggest thing that jumped out at me was he seemed a bit more decisive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impressed by some of the God-tier SpursTalk-special -level takes in here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is giving him a role both to minimize his mistakes and and able to stay out there. Wesley is far from a complete player. Defensively he is already an elite. Offensively he can break defense with his dribble penetration and kick to an open man, but will attack the rim when open. It’s not being afraid. The kid has plenty of dog in him (remember the pre-draft tryout, getting on with, I suspect, Malaki). Pop loves that dog in him, coaching him on the sideline every time and Wesley attentively listening. I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out in the off-season completely a different player.
    Agreed. He has intriguing attributes you just can't teach. I don't really ever read or see Pop speaking his praises however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might just be me, but seems like Blake is shooting better from 3. Don’t get me wrong, I still shudder at the thought of him shooting them, but seems like he’s made more 3s in the past few games on minimal attempts. I was at the Nets game last Saturday, and I think the biggest thing that jumped out at me was he seemed a bit more decisive.
    i swear, im not trying to be a jerk, but things like shooting %'s are pretty easily available

he's hitting just over 17% of his 3's this year. in the last 3 games, he has gone 1-1, 0-1, and 1-2, for a total of 2-4. so sure, he's hit 50% of him last 3 games, but the sample pales in comparison to the full season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still looks a SG with some PG skills. If can hit his three's he would be a perfect fit next to Trae Young if that were to happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't honestly seen him blow too many dunks. I remember one from recently but that's it.

I admit calling him a "great" finisher is probably hyperbole But acting like he's trash at finishing also just as hyperbolic. He's a terrific dunker and can do so in traffic. Given some more time, I think he will be an above average finisher. Might not have many shots in the paint, but the shots he will get should go in at a high clip.

I'm more than willing to keep him just for his D, though. Especially if we get somebody (a PG) like Trae Young, who obviously sucks at D. Maybe he can be hidden on someone while Blake comes in or Blake can at least harass people when trae would get a breather.
    Wesley is not bad at finishing, he's absolutely awful for an NBA player. Still badly blew 2 OPEN layups yesterday, and missed another dunk. It's like he's having a mental block everytime he's getting close to the rim.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He still looks a SG with some PG skills. If can hit his three's he would be a perfect fit next to Trae Young if that were to happen.
    Just a reminder, SG stands for Shooting Guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley is not bad at finishing, he's absolutely awful for an NBA player. Still badly blew 2 OPEN layups yesterday, and missed another dunk. It's like he's having a mental block everytime he's getting close to the rim.
    I'm more worried about his shooting. If he can shoot, his defense is enough to keep him on the court, and playmaking is a bonus. But if he can't shoot, defenders will sag off of him and getting to the rim and finishing will be much tougher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wesley looks nothing like a SG

he's less effecitve on-ball than on-ball. the only reason you might think he's a SG is because at times he kind of just looks confused when running point. he looks like a point guard learning how to run a pro offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was fouled on the dunk attempt. Another layup miss was in transition and he was also lobbying for a call there but didn't get it. He’s raw but not terrible, at least at finishing. That is the least concerning part of his game on offense tbh. His three point shooting and free throwing are actually worthy of the vitriol ..

Thread Information