Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don't see Giannis leaving, but Wemby + Giannis would be truly amazing.

With that said, if - by some weird confluence of fates - Giannis did come here, that would put Wemby in a #2 position for at least 2-5 more years. Would Spurs fans be interested in that? If it delivered 3 rings in that span, would it matter? Curious how people would feel about that kind of direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF the Spurs did trade for Young, what would the draft look like? Would we still draft a PG?
    Would Trae, #3 and #7 picks provide the foundation for the future?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just can't get on board with a smallish guard like TY. The Hawks missed out on the chance for Luka D, and spit the bit. They blew it five years ago. I would not bail the Hawks out for their error.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just can't get on board with a smallish guard like TY. The Hawks missed out on the chance for Luka D, and spit the bit. They blew it five years ago. I would not bail the Hawks out for their error.
    I agree being we own them like I told these dudes here in Atlanta��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF the Spurs did trade for Young, what would the draft look like? Would we still draft a PG?
    Would Trae, #3 and #7 picks provide the foundation for the future?
    If we trade for Young then I expect we'd target a wing player in the draft unless the best-player-available is way ahead of everyone else on our board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

With that said, if - by some weird confluence of fates - Giannis did come here, that would put Wemby in a #2 position for at least 2-5 more years. Would Spurs fans be interested in that? If it delivered 3 rings in that span, would it matter? Curious how people would feel about that kind of direction.

Wama passes Greek Freak in Wamas 3rd season imo.
    Altho Popped could still be completely screwing him up at that point.

Regardless, yes i would take Wama as #2 while scoring 3 Championships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only the truly insane, and your average ST PATFO-lover (blinders included with every post) would pass on that. It'd be like Showtime on steroids. If we could hold on to Sochan, there's our James Worthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same.

Yes, Young looks amazing compared to anything else we have on the roster, but I've always felt his game is overrated.

I wouldn't consider him one of the "dream pairings" that we could pick up to go beside Wemby, and you only get so many chances to make big moves like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How nice to wear the letters of the future Las Vegas Spurs.
    Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Body!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I listen to the morning huddle on 94.1 and Rob Thompson and RJ Ochoa keep bringing up Lebron signing with us next season on a one or two year deal. I am not a fan of Lebron at all. I do not believe it would ever happen, and if it did, how I would actually feel about it.

What are y'all's thoughts on the matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My thoughts are that this lineup makes the playoffs, but they probably slow Wemby’s development a bit.

Trae Young
    Vassell
    Sochan
    LeBron
    Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean george would be amazing but i dont see it

he's basically everything and anything you'd want from a modern SF. great, switchable defense. lethal outside shot. good athlete. very good handler and passer, etc.

i still cant believe we traded him back in the day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the garbage narrative so George gets his Balmer to PAY him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine getting all 3 with LeBron on a minimum salary deal.

Will add, Holiday or Shrader seem like PGs wed like. Pesky veteran ballers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being a Spurs fan and wanting Lebron...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean george would be amazing but i dont see it

he's basically everything and anything you'd want from a modern SF. great, switchable defense. lethal outside shot. good athlete. very good handler and passer, etc.

i still cant believe we traded him back in the day

But in all seriousness, in the unlikely event that he doesn't resign with the clippers, 76ers make by far the most sense for him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If PG3 was turning 29 next season instead of 34 I'd be all over signing him and trading for Trea. Big three would be set plus a top 4 pick this year. Alas PG3 is too old.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine being a Spurs fan and wanting Lebron...
    Lebron would still be a good player to have, even at his age. With that said, I don't think he would come here even if we drafted Bronny. He thinks he's too big for the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same.

Yes, Young looks amazing compared to anything else we have on the roster, but I've always felt his game is overrated.

I wouldn't consider him one of the "dream pairings" that we could pick up to go beside Wemby, and you only get so many chances to make big moves like that.
    Wait for a "dream" pairing, and you won't get any chances to make a big move.

Whoever the "dream" player is that we should pair with Wemby...he probably on another team and that team is probably not interested in trading that player to the spurs under any conditions

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SI quoting Bleacher Report now. smfh

Due to this, Bleacher Report paired George with the Spurs on its list of top-three free agent targets for each team in the league. Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James and Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday were the other two players listed for the Spurs.
    This part is also laughable.

However, as he continues through his 14th season in the NBA, George could be nearing the end of his career and likely won't want to wait around for an opportunity at a championship if the Clippers come up short once again this season.
    In what universe could the Spurs be a stronger le threat than the Clips next season?

I guess if the Spurs draft Bronny and get daddy to sign, trade for Young, and get PG13 to sign too then that's a strong contender. Moreso than the Clips who would be without PG13 themselves. But that's one of a parlay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same whiners that want a star next to Wemby don't want Trae? What exactly is it that you dweebs want then? You on the young guys like Vassell and Sochan, but don't want a young star like Trae. There's no winning with some fans. They love to hate or love to be contrarians. What market do you think your team is in? Don't act like Wemby is going to make San Antonio into LA. SA doesn't get the opportunity to get big names like Trae. If Spurs don't do all they can to get Trae, the same haters that bag on Trae are gonna blame the organization for not getting him. If they do get Trae, these morons are still gonna whine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same whiners that want a star next to Wemby don't want Trae? What exactly is it that you dweebs want then? You on the young guys like Vassell and Sochan, but don't want a young star like Trae. There's no winning with some fans. They love to hate or love to be contrarians. What market do you think your team is in? Don't act like Wemby is going to make San Antonio into LA. SA doesn't get the opportunity to get big names like Trae. If Spurs don't do all they can to get Trae, the same haters that bag on Trae are gonna blame the organization for not getting him. If they do get Trae, these morons are still gonna whine.
    they want players that don't exist and mediocre role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST emphasis weakness.

Thread Information