Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,551 to 1,569 of 1569
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae practically begging the Spurs to trade for him tbh
    If the Spurs really want Young, then Young asking for a trade, especially if it's specifically to the Spurs, is good because it would really lower the asking price. It could be the Number Two situation in reverse.

Then again, when you trade for a guy who is willing to malinger his way off a team, you get a guy who is willing to malinger his way off a team. The Raptors got their trophy in the Number Two trade but then he walked away.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really want Young, then Young asking for a trade, especially if it's specifically to the Spurs, is good because it would really lower the asking price. It could be the Number Two situation in reverse.

Then again, when you trade for a guy who is willing to malinger his way off a team, you get a guy who is willing to malinger his way off a team. The Raptors got their trophy in the Number Two trade but then he walked away.
    I don't think it's comparable.
    Nephew was on an expiring deal and everyone knew he was a rental.
    Trae has three years left on his deal. And unlike nephew, he didn't ghost his franchise.

As for that quote, that will be the decisive factor when he gets trader, regardless of where he goes.
    Small guards aren't good enough to be the first option in the modern NBA with all these freak athletes. Curry is an outlier and his shooting is an anomaly we might never see again.
    If Trae fully buys in into floor general, past first role, he'd do way better.
    Right now, people are effectively ting on a second option because he's not good enough to carry a horrible team.
    Just look at their bench in Chicago game.
    Wesley Matthews' corpse, Bruno Fernando, Garrison Matthews, Mouhamed Gueye. Like what the is that? Those four wouldn't even make our bench.
    And Trae was stuck playing with them because Snyder knew that was the only chance they have to not get blown out.

Btw, he was out for 6 weeks and obviously not healthy.
    My only concern with him would be turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know how the Mavs are third in odds to land Trae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls/Mavs don't make sense in that list. I could see Ainge pulling the trigger on a Trae Young trade tbh but I think he's focused on the '25 draft.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Finger seems pretty sure Spurs won't trade for Trae...

quote "As tempting as it might sound to send a big package of role players and first-rounders to Atlanta for Trae Young this summer, that move isn't going to happen"

He sees Spurs fixing PG issue via draft and shooting via trades

https://archive.ph/hzRzs
    Hopefully Finger is just pulling stuff out his ass and not connected, because that makes it sound like they'd want Topic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans who are scoffing at Trae think all-star point guards grow on trees...

Its like a 400 pound fat boy who lives on whataburger and taco cabana 24/7 and never seeing the inside of a gym saying he does not want that exotic supermodel -

because she has a tat on her ankle!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Finger is just pulling stuff out his ass and not connected, because that makes it sound like they'd want Topic.
    He's coming, bum. The Savior.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I would like Trae Young, I don't want any part of Darius Garland

If it's the choice between 3 picks for Young or 2 picks for Garland, I'd take Trae Young.

If the choice is trading for Garland or nothing but the draft and patience, I'll take the draft.

Just not into Garland at all, he's the worse version of Young, just no upside of the huge clutch playoff games that Young has had in the past

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it's the choice between 3 picks for Young or 2 picks for Garland, I'd take Trae Young.

If the choice is trading for Garland or nothing but the draft and patience, I'll take the draft.

Just not into Garland at all, he's the worse version of Young, just no upside of the huge clutch playoff games that Young has had in the past
    Spurs are not trading for any of them.

It’s not happening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls/Mavs don't make sense in that list. I could see Ainge pulling the trigger on a Trae Young trade tbh but I think he's focused on the '25 draft.
    Yeah I expect Utah to trade everyone in the off season and bottom out. Currently constructed they are never going to be bad enough for a top 5 pick. And Ainge is not going to try and build around Trae and Lauri. They probably couldn't do as much as Mitc and Gobert did there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I expect Utah to trade everyone in the off season and bottom out. Currently constructed they are never going to be bad enough for a top 5 pick. And Ainge is not going to try and build around Trae and Lauri. They probably couldn't do as much as Mitc and Gobert did there.
    Looks like they've rather opted to rebuild by the middle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like the theory of Garland on SAS quite a bit actually, but boy has he taken a step back this year. Not sure why other than the weird fit with Mitc messing with his head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a choice between Trae Young or Dejounte Murray, I would go with Dejounte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was a choice between Trae Young or Dejounte Murray, I would go with Dejounte.
    Same tbh. That being said, wouldn't trade the Hawks back their picks for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be that the Spurs are trying to drive the price lower. They'd like to have Trae Young but obviously aren't willing to give up the ATL 25 pick (think everyone here agrees with not giving it up). If enough GM's/Media drive the price low enough between now and July, ATL is forced to either a) bring the same disappointing roster back (good for us), b) trade Trae/DJ to someone else and get worse (REALLY good for us) or c) relent and trade Trae to us without the ATL 25 pick (also good for us).

Spurs can just be patient and just focus on themselves and this upcoming draft while the Hawks collapse into themselves like a dying star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather keep the Hawks picks and sign Quickley then trade for either of those two at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans who are scoffing at Trae think all-star point guards grow on trees...

Its like a 400 pound fat boy who lives on whataburger and taco cabana 24/7 and never seeing the inside of a gym saying he does not want that exotic supermodel -

because she has a tat on her ankle!
    Young, Dejounte, Garland, Mitc , Doncic, Irving, Lillard, Jrue, Derrick, Brunson, Maxey, Fox, SGA, Cade, Ivey, Sexton, Coby White, Jamal, Mcullum, Russell, Beal, Booker, Curry, Paul, Harden, Morant, LaMelo, Haliburton, VanVleet, Quickley, Conley.

The point guard/combo guard position is the easiest to find a "starish" player, at least one that can be a top 3 option on a team. There's literally almost one for every team in the league. Chances are this upcoming draft provides 2 to 3 of these players. There is no need to go after an extremely expensive, extremely flawed one, tbh.

Thread Information