Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense dude but that’s not a good response. We are dead last in the west and bringing back the same team
    PATFO aren't briging the same team, I'm sure of that. Besides the draft pick, they will add a couple of veterans through free agency.

Also I’m not talking about Young who I think would only fetch 2 FRPs anyways.
    You literally mentioned Trae Young by name.

You are crazy if you think the Hawks are settling for 2 picks after giving up 3 and a swap for Dejounte Murray, tbh.

But there are a ton of free agents to sign and instead we are bringing back the same exact team that got us last place. So no it can’t get worst for the Spurs bringing in somebody else
    Like I said, I expect the Spurs to sign a couple of guys. Just don't expect a star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol. A 19 game losing streak isn’t soft tanking.
    That was obviously not part of the plan, they wanted to win every game, just with a very weak team

My guess is next season their target is prob around 30 wins

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need three things to improve next year. We need a caretaker PG to run the show until our drafted PG is ready iwho can distribute, play D, and shoot to space, but who doesn’t need a ton of shots. We need a forward who can rebound well and shoot the 3 ball. Doesn’t really need to do anything else. We need a true 3 and D wing. I’ll take those 3 $20M or less role players any day.
    What drafted point guard? Topic, Dillingham, Sheppard, and Castle all have enormous red flags and not one of them is a good bet to become a high end player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson and Okongwu are now both out for at least 3 weeks, they're probably toast in the play in

They'll likely be 10 in the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO aren't briging the same team, I'm sure of that. Besides the draft pick, they will add a couple of veterans through free agency.

You literally mentioned Trae Young by name.

You are crazy if you think the Hawks are settling for 2 picks after giving up 3 and a swap for Dejounte Murray, tbh.

Like I said, I expect the Spurs to sign a couple of guys. Just don't expect a star.
    Well it is the Trae Young thread. But I’ve said numerous times the players that I want. And I even stated that I don’t even really want Trae but if it’s a choice of having Trae Young on the team sans KJ and Collins for their 2 FRPs I would do it. Bc the one thing everyone is ing about is his defense and Collins and KJ suck at that anyways. So it’s a stupid argument to makes he’s expensive. He plays no defense. But people are ok with paying KJ and Collins. And PATFO have hinted at us standing pat next year numerous times

Also the market for Young will be . Idgaf what Atlanta wants. 3 teams might really want him and he’s gonna go for a cheap price.
    btw to Lue, I don’t want KJ or Collins playing any position for my team. And signing a back up big should cost me no more than 5-8 million.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apples and Oranges. We underestimated how hard it would be to incorporate the uniqueness of VW, which is something Pop has noted and apparently also all of VW’s former coaches when they were trying to figure out how to add him on past teams. That wont be the case next year.
    Obviously it took some tinkering, but it's not just about the win percentage.
    Who are our other players that would feature on serious teams?

Devin is the only one that looks reliable and he'd be fourth option most likely, probably a sixth man.
    Keldon looks like he's reached his ceiling, it's his fifth season and he's just a high energy, zero IQ bench spark and a traffic cone on defense.
    Jeremy has potential, but his skillset is strange for modern NBA.

Others aren't even worth a mention if we're talking serious teams, noone makes the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it is the Trae Young thread. But I’ve said numerous times the players that I want. And I even stated that I don’t even really want Trae but if it’s a choice of having Trae Young on the team sans KJ and Collins for their 2 FRPs I would do it. Bc the one thing everyone is ing about is his defense and Collins and KJ suck at that anyways. So it’s a stupid argument to makes he’s expensive. He plays no defense. But people are ok with paying KJ and Collins. And PATFO have hinted at us standing pat next year numerous times

Also the market for Young will be . Idgaf what Atlanta wants. 3 teams might really want him and he’s gonna go for a cheap price.
    btw to Lue, I don’t want KJ or Collins playing any position for my team. And signing a back up big should cost me no more than 5-8 million.
    They'll probably trade Murray before they trade Young.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll probably trade Murray before they trade Young.
    Could be.... DJ might bring them a better return just looking at the teams who might want Trae..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously it took some tinkering, but it's not just about the win percentage.
    Who are our other players that would feature on serious teams?

Devin is the only one that looks reliable and he'd be fourth option most likely, probably a sixth man.
    Keldon looks like he's reached his ceiling, it's his fifth season and he's just a high energy, zero IQ bench spark and a traffic cone on defense.
    Jeremy has potential, but his skillset is strange for modern NBA.

Others aren't even worth a mention if we're talking serious teams, noone makes the roster.
    Some of this will sort itself out naturally. For example, by the start of next season 5-6 dudes could be rolling off their deals or simply cut. The Spurs will also have to show their hand on Wesley and Malaki with their team options. Then the key decision points for next season will be on Keldon, Zach and Tre (who will be expiring). In any case expect Keldon and Zach will cycle off the team over the next two years (not sure about Tre) meaning that by Wemby's third year most of these guys wont be on the team anymore.

I do think they will build around Wemby, Vassell, and Sochan, while recognizing that neither of the latter are true Number 2s. That's when stuff gets interesting: do they look for that via the draft or do they use Vassell/Sochan in trades to get that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of this will sort itself out naturally. For example, by the start of next season 5-6 dudes could be rolling off their deals or simply cut. The Spurs will also have to show their hand on Wesley and Malaki with their team options. Then the key decision points for next season will be on Keldon, Zach and Tre (who will be expiring). In any case expect Keldon and Zach will cycle off the team over the next two years (not sure about Tre) meaning that by Wemby's third year most of these guys wont be on the team anymore.

I do think they will build around Wemby, Vassell, and Sochan, while recognizing that neither of the latter are true Number 2s. That's when stuff gets interesting: do they look for that via the draft or do they use Vassell/Sochan in trades to get that guy.
    The options for year 3 have already been picked up. This fall they have to decide on year 4 options for Sochan, Malaki, and Blake. The first two years are stone guaranteed, but the options are one year offset. After year 1, they have to decide on year 3, and after year 2, to decide on year 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will be cheap through his first 4 years.

Bad analogy, too, since the NFL is a hard capped league. You literally have to clear cap for your draft choices.

I’d rather wait to see what happens this summer in the playoffs. I don’t like Dallas’s chances against the LAC in the first round, and if they bust again, Luka may start the trade wheels in motion.
    dallas looks good this year, but yeah i agree we should be all in on luka, as the pair is simply too much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trying to avoid the trap that got Houston, the Clippers, Suns, Nets, Philly, etc ... players with multiple stars built on fundamentally flawed teams.

I don't necessarily agree that the Spurs only require Wemby and a bunch of role players, but basing Wemby on the Nuggets model isn't too bad. We have a player who can be our #3, or at worst our #4, and a bunch of role players who can be very valuable in how they contribute, finding a #2 isn't some impossible thing to do like people make it out to be. Trae is the classic #1 on a bad team player, I am not sure if he could be a #2 on a championship team, but it doesn't seem likely. If we were to go for a strong vet, I would much rather get someone like Paul George, but that is a pipedream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are trying to avoid the trap that got Houston, the Clippers, Suns, Nets, Philly, etc ... players with multiple stars built on fundamentally flawed teams.

I don't necessarily agree that the Spurs only require Wemby and a bunch of role players, but basing Wemby on the Nuggets model isn't too bad. We have a player who can be our #3, or at worst our #4, and a bunch of role players who can be very valuable in how they contribute, finding a #2 isn't some impossible thing to do like people make it out to be. Trae is the classic #1 on a bad team player, I am not sure if he could be a #2 on a championship team, but it doesn't seem likely. If we were to go for a strong vet, I would much rather get someone like Paul George, but that is a pipedream.
    Spurs trying to avoid the trap that got perennial playoff teams to the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't get Trae, then he goes to Lakers imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll go to the Spurs or ATL will trade DJM instead. No other outcome makes sense for the Hawks for reasons that have been covered many times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While local Spurs media is generally bad at their job, I believe Finger has probably had some sort of conversation with Spurs brass that leads him to this conclusion.

Note: When I say bad at their job, this is part of it. They horde inside information and then let is slip in ways like this in order to prop themselves up as gurus. If they have sharable information, they should share it. If they can't share it, they should keep their mouths shut about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll go to the Spurs or ATL will trade DJM instead. No other outcome makes sense for the Hawks for reasons that have been covered many times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The options for year 3 have already been picked up. This fall they have to decide on year 4 options for Sochan, Malaki, and Blake. The first two years are stone guaranteed, but the options are one year offset. After year 1, they have to decide on year 3, and after year 2, to decide on year 4.
    I get that, I’m talking about year 4. Basically if they pass on that it means they gone the year after.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that, I’m talking about year 4. Basically if they pass on that it means they gone the year after.
    If they don’t pick up year 4 option they likely cut them and just eat the year 3 salary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trae should of sat out lol...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I presume we are rooting for a CHI blowout here to 1) encourage ATL to blow it up as much as possible this offseason and 2) encourage CHI to not blow it up and go into rebuilding mode?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I presume we are rooting for a CHI blowout here to 1) encourage ATL to blow it up as much as possible this offseason and 2) encourage CHI to not blow it up and go into rebuilding mode?
    Winner!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. DJ having a good game and Trae laying an egg is also preferable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae doing his part to get to San Antonio

Thread Information