My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C- is not sufficient...F for Victor, sorry.

I'm a huge fan of his, but when you are 7'4" with a reach at 10', it's almost impossible not to have more than 1 rebound. In fact it's embarrassing. This is the first time I've been truly disappointed and troubled by Wemby this season. First time I've responded to one of your post game grades with negativity towards him or anyone else. So that's not my point here.

Not sure if it's just a wall (physical or mental), missing home, feeling depressed of our situation and the fact he cannot change it, or some witches brew combination, but he seems COMPLETELY gassed after 4 or 5 minutes of play each quarter and night. He is bent over sucking air after the first break. And seems almost disengaged lately, at times, motioning yo come out. And I'm starting to wonder if his body will ever be a 40 min per game guy or if he's gonna max at closer to 30 min/game.

Either way, it just reminds you of the almost magical stamina that LeBron has shown over 20+ years in the league and what he's STILL doing this season night in and night out.

I guess spending a million dollars on your diet and exercise routine has more than paid off for him.
    Last edited by offset formation; 02-10-2024 at 06:22 AM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least if wemby struggles a bit then maybe he won't resent his teammates as much for their suckage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm a huge fan of his, but when you are 7'4" with a reach at 10', it's almost impossible not to have more than 1 rebound. In fact it's embarrassing. This is the first time I've been truly disappointed and troubled by Wemby this season. First time I've responded to one of your post game grades with negativity towards him or anyone else. So that's not my point here.

Not sure if it's just a wall (physical or mental), missing home, feeling depressed of our situation and the fact he cannot change it, or some witches brew combination, but he seems COMPLETELY gassed after 4 or 5 minutes of play each quarter and night. He is bent over sucking air after the first break. And seems almost disengaged lately, at times, motioning yo come out. And I'm starting to wonder if his body will ever be a 40 min per game guy or if he's gonna max at closer to 30 min/game.

Either way, it just reminds you of the almost magical stamina that LeBron has shown over 20+ years in the league and what he's STILL doing this season night in and night out.

I guess spending a million dollars on your diet and exercise routine has more than paid off for him.
    Would your opinion change if you learnt that Wemby is suffering for serious Allergies? Apparently it can be a thing in Texas. I'm not sure if Texas has bad allergies seasons. Further you can hear him sniffling in interviews recently. He has even covered his mouth during a recent interview.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would your opinion change if you learnt that Wemby is suffering for serious Allergies? Apparently it can be a thing in Texas. I'm not sure if Texas has bad allergies seasons. Further you can hear him sniffling in interviews recently. He has even covered his mouth during a recent interview.
    No ghey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgettable outing for this squad.

The main takeaways for me were that Blake Wesley is a defensive menace, Wemby looked to have blocked 3 shots that I saw in the 1st half alone, Franz Wagner is a uva player. High IQ, fundamentally solid, great athlete and motor. Can do a bit of everything. That's the type of 3/4 that would really help this team as they progress.

My hope is that we snag 2 of Cody Williams, Nikola Topić, Matas Buzelis, Risacher, Holland or Salaun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Push ups, sit ups, and plenty of juice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It means you have a poor memory or knowledge of Lebron’s rookie season then…

They all go through it and rare are/were those with as much responsibility on the defensive AND offensive end.

Wemby is one of the rare players who can’t hide/rest at any time

it’s actually impressive that he didn’t hit the wall a lot earlier

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means you have a poor memory or knowledge of Lebron’s rookie season then…

They all go through it and rare are/were those with as much responsibility on the defensive AND offensive end.

Wemby is one of the rare players who can’t hide/rest at any time

it’s actually impressive that he didn’t hit the wall a lot earlier
    Say wut??? Seriously what the you talking about Willis? He played 39.5 MPG his rookie year which has turned into the 5th most minutes in his career. He played in 79 games. Please, do tell, what knowledge am I missing?

Also, Wemby rests plenty.

One last point, I haven't seen one rebuttal yet to my main point that he needs to be pulling in more than 1 freaking rebound in a game and that doing so was really bad look.

He had a bad game, his first really poor game since preseason. I'm not here to say he sucks. I'm here to say this should practically never happen again in a game he plays more than 5 min.

And I'm betting it won't. But for this game, he deserved an F.

Thread Information