Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is pop clapping his hands and standing in garbage time? Did he just decide to start coaching the game?
    Dementia

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby stat-padding in garbage time
    He RARELY stat pads. Pop don't allow that ish, or at least very rarely does, even dating back to big 3 era. That's why the big 3's stats sucked compared to other superstars. It was all because they weren't ever allowed to pad-stat, and all the other stars/superstars were/did.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 02-14-2024 at 10:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan was normal not some 8 ft. freak whose joints you don't want to stress out.
    Still young player, dont treat him like a baby.. he need to play 35 minutes a game.. pop

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-16 Chucky Vassell
    1-11 Chucky Johnson
    5-27 (2-12 treys)

Vasseell just like wemby is playing against a crowd especially when going into the keyway Lost count how many times he passed it out to open shooters resulting in missed threes and even layups.

Worst 3 point shooting team in the league that just traded away their best shooter. Not surprised tbh

Post Count
    No, he's young and can play heavy minutes.. Duncan played 39 minutes a game on his rookie year.
    on a team that was a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had most of his points in the first half. And the Spurs aren't going to play any games for next seven days so it makes sense to get him minutes wherever they can.
    not sure why you bother engage mono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on a team that was a contender.
    Spurs suck prior duncan's arrival

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I love the idea of our franchise rookie breaking an ankle while we're down 25 with 7 minutes to go.
    27min overall. I wasn’t talking garbage time

let him play 30+ min from time to time for his body to get used to

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is pop clapping his hands and standing in garbage time? Did he just decide to start coaching the game?
    Development time with the bench players. His favourite time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol as usual our 2nd and 3rd guy can’t be consistent
    4-16
    1-11

Jesus Christ.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite a collection of bricklayers this team has put together. I’m super confident this front office will mess up that stash of draft picks.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he's young and can play heavy minutes.. Duncan played 39 minutes a game on his rookie year.
    No one plays 39 minutes a game anymore. This isn't the 1990s where teams are running slow halfcourt sets every possession and there are only 21 players in the league that even play 35 minutes a night, with the league leaders being Derozan and Doncic at 37.6 minutes a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol as usual our 2nd and 3rd guy can’t be consistent
    4-16
    1-11

Jesus Christ.
    I'm honestly upset with Vassell. There's a lot of fingers to be pointed but at the end of the day, this is the man who just signed a gigantic contract. He's been too inconsistent, and injured, too, early on. I want him to succeed - what spurfan doesn't? - but not at the cost of multiple seasons of growth. Not at this price. Wemby would grow better with a two year rental of trae young, IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate it that Wemby sonehow is not able to block Kyrie. I hate that little er who lights us up every time ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he doesnt go full unhinged scream mode anymore, so the videos are watchable again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he doesnt go full unhinged scream mode anymore, so the videos are watchable again

I'm actually cool with our schemes now. We're not playing drop coverage and our players help in the gaps. The defense is much better. What hurts us more than anything is Collins subbing in for Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At the 5:00 mark of that video, the reason Wemby is not guarding Gafford at the arc is because Gafford has never made a 3pt shot in his entire career. Gafford has only attempted one 3pt shot. A couple years ago, he for some reason tried a corner 3 in a late season game against the Bulls. Missed it.

The Spurs coaching is apparently good enough - yay - that they included that info about Gafford in the game plan. If Gafford goes beyond the arc, do not go with him. His only reason for going there would be to draw Wemby away from the middle.

The rest of the action is open to criticism, but it was correct for Wemby not to follow Gafford out to the arc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one plays 39 minutes a game anymore. This isn't the 1990s where teams are running slow halfcourt sets every possession and there are only 21 players in the league that even play 35 minutes a night, with the league leaders being Derozan and Doncic at 37.6 minutes a night.
    Still he needs to play 35+ minutes a game. 28 minutes a game is very low will affect hishis stats and legacy later on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still he needs to play 35+ minutes a game. 28 minutes a game is very low will affect hishis stats and legacy later on.
    Does playing 33-34 minutes a game affect Jokic's legacy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does playing 33-34 minutes a game affect Jokic's legacy?
    Jokic is playing more than 30 miutes a game close to 35.. while wemby played just 28 miuest a game

Thread Information