Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pat riley!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone just realizing that Pat Riley is a piece of because of this isn’t keeping up.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He froze out Alvin Robertson too but not for any right reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, Riley got the last laugh in '83 when the Lakers beat the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.

I saw the Spurs led by Gervin and Artis Gilmore beat the Lakers 117-112 in Game Five at the Forum to get back in that series, still trailing 3-2 after the win. One of the best road wins ever over the defending champs.

But the Lakers put it away 4-2 the next game in SA when Mike Mitc (as I recall) missed about a five foot jumper in the lane at the end. It just rattled out. The Lakers won 101-100.

The Lakers were a monster back then (even though they lost to Dr. J and the Sixers in the Finals).

I thought that '83 Spurs team might have been the best before the Robinson-Duncan era, with the possible exception of '79.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    riley

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Based tbh. The compe ion never pauses. Today's game is just friends playing pickup ball and an occasional head case like Draymond going off the reservation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of bad vibes between us and the Lakers. I remember one playoff game where the refs called 22 fouls against us in the first half and none on the Laker. There was no doubt they were good and most folks thought they often got the edge from the league and the refs because they were the money makers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, Riley got the last laugh in '83 when the Lakers beat the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.

I saw the Spurs led by Gervin and Artis Gilmore beat the Lakers 117-112 in Game Five at the Forum to get back in that series, still trailing 3-2 after the win. One of the best road wins ever over the defending champs.

But the Lakers put it away 4-2 the next game in SA when Mike Mitc (as I recall) missed about a five foot jumper in the lane at the end. It just rattled out. The Lakers won 101-100.

The Lakers were a monster back then (even though they lost to Dr. J and the Sixers in the Finals).

I thought that '83 Spurs team might have been the best before the Robinson-Duncan era, with the possible exception of '79.
    A few weeks ago I watched the official 1983 NBA championship video on YouTube, and Gilmore really played well vs Kareem.
    In game 6, Mitc was on fire, it’s unfortunate he came up short in the last second

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone just realizing that Pat Riley is a piece of because of this isn’t keeping up.
    Riley shows his true nature when things don’t go his way
    For instance, his behaviour with his players when he realized the Lakers were losing their grip on the league towards the end of the 80s, ultimately losing the locker room

Or after game 2,of the 83,Finals : Clint Richardson came off the bench and lit them up and Riley said “If I have to devise a plain against Clint Richardson, we’re in trouble”

I remember when I was sitting behind the Miami Heat bench in Toronto, Riley kept jawing at the refs, dude just STFU

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kareem never wanted any part of Moses in the playoffs. Sad how badly the Spurs fell off after losing that WCF. What was the difference in the 83-84 team that won 37 games vs the 82-83 team that had a real shot at the Finals though? Ice's numbers still looked great in 83-84 and the team looked like it was decently healthy. Was John Lucas a terrible PG taking too many of Johnny Moore's minutes or something? Or did the team just look crushed mentally from losing the 83 WCF the way it did?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George stated he could have been just as big a star as Magic or Jordan if the league wanted to promote him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riley shows his true nature when things don’t go his way
    For instance, his behaviour with his players when he realized the Lakers were losing their grip on the league towards the end of the 80s, ultimately losing the locker room

Or after game 2,of the 83,Finals : Clint Richardson came off the bench and lit them up and Riley said “If I have to devise a plain against Clint Richardson, we’re in trouble”

I remember when I was sitting behind the Miami Heat bench in Toronto, Riley kept jawing at the refs, dude just STFU
    He literally ran DWade out of town over a couple million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He literally ran DWade out of town over a couple million.
    yeah that was a bit of a move.
    To his credit, Riles told Lebron no when he went to his office and asked him to fire Spo

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riley has won 9 les as a player, assistant coach, head coach and executive. Dude knows his ,,,,,he's coached a repeat,,,,Popovich couldnt carry this dudes jock strap as a player, coach or executive,,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Riley has won 9 les as a player, assistant coach, head coach and executive. Dude knows his ,,,,,he's coached a repeat,,,,Popovich couldnt carry this dudes jock strap as a player, coach or executive,,,,,
    He is an accomplished coach and front office guy. He is a . Those statements can both be, and are true at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah that was a bit of a move.
    To his credit, Riles told Lebron no when he went to his office and asked him to fire Spo
    I half think that he didn’t want to fire him, and pay another coach at the same time. Mickey Arison is the ultimate tightwad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things went south when Johnny Moore came down with desert fever. The treatment was almost as bad as the disease.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think one of the most underrated GM's of all time is Bob Bass,,,,dude won 2 executive of the year awards and he was in a small market. Gervin loved him. Only reason he isnt in the HOF is because of said small market and he never won a le as GM,,,,which is bull . He took the Spurs to the playoffs 17 times as either the coach or in the front office also,,,,

Thread Information