My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas property taxes must be through the roof for a ranch like that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s awesome. I wonder if Keldon is eying something like that too. Seems to have that outdoorsman in him too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    glad he's doing better than bryn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the link. I understand why Pop was heartbroken to trade him away. G Hill seems like a good man (and we know he was a pretty good player)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas property taxes must be through the roof for a ranch like that
    Not with all those animals. I own a hair more than 20 acres and without my ag exemption I paid ~$3400 in taxes. Once I met the ag exemption requirements, my taxes were $60.

Of course, there are now animal upkeep (water, vet, etc) expenses that come into play, but ag exemption taxes are almost non-existent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a great way of investing his NBA money. Happy for him. A lot of ex-Spurs grow to love and settle in San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Georgie tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lucky bas . Would kill to own land like that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a neat story about GH. Where did the last 16 years go? Seems like he was the "New Guy" not too long ago.

His ranch is awesome - 900 acres with the house/garage/barn is really really nice. Land is a finite asset, and he did a great job locating that place. If I could swing something like that - man that would be sweet. It's a such a beautiful part of Texas......I lived out that way for a large part of my childhood.

George's family friends (the Season ticket holders - the older gentleman who passed away) provided really good advise and George has made some great decisions with the funds he earned in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great vid. I hadn’t realized he had retired until I checked. Last year was his last season. I always wanted the Spurs to get him back. They were close once, until Utah threw stupid money at him at the last minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a great way of investing his NBA money. Happy for him. A lot of ex-Spurs grow to love and settle in San Antonio
    Some years ago we made up a list of ex-Spur players who chose San Antonio for their retirement home. Kinda impressive list considering most players who come in here are from large metropolitan areas outside of Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great vid. I hadn’t realized he had retired until I checked. Last year was his last season. I always wanted the Spurs to get him back. They were close once, until Utah threw stupid money at him at the last minute.
    I think CoJo is a good ex-Spur to bring back.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with all those animals. I own a hair more than 20 acres and without my ag exemption I paid ~$3400 in taxes. Once I met the ag exemption requirements, my taxes were $60.

Of course, there are now animal upkeep (water, vet, etc) expenses that come into play, but ag exemption taxes are almost non-existent.
    Should have known the state subsidizes the out of rural landowners while workers in the cities have to bear the full brunt of Texas property taxes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have known the state subsidizes the out of rural landowners while workers in the cities have to bear the full brunt of Texas property taxes.
    I'm guessing he paid 10,000-12,000/acre if he bought it 8 years ago as the video seems to imply. Think they said 850 acres. So that's probably a $10million dollar investment before any improvements, buildings, animals, etc.

If it's anything like my land value (mine is also in the Hill Country but NW of Austin instead of SA), I'm sure his value has doubled or more. So I'd expect that to be worth north of $25 million now with everything you can see. I'm sure I could look it up.on the CAD if I was sure which county he was in. I'd bet if my math is right, he pays less than $10,000 in taxes depending on his primary residence, land improvements, and ag exemption value requirements. Like I said my 20 acres is less than $60 but my primary residence is $14,000. Property taxes in this state actually make us pat when all is said and done a higher rate than California. It's so funny for me to hear Texas conservatives about taxes when they actually pay more on average. ing dolts.

Wise investment for him for generational family wealth considerations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad for a late first rounder. Total unknown, played in the league for 10+ years? As Charlie Sheen once said, “Winning!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will always love Indiana George

played well as early as his rookie year. lit a fire under parker's ass. was part of the nephew trade in what was a really tough goodbye but ultimately worked out. he went on to have a nice career. kinda bummed he never won a ring. was part of those pacers teams that were really good but ran into the Heatles buzzsaw, then later found a nice role on the bucks but was dealt in the Holiday trade that put the bucks over the top
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-20-2024 at 07:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will always love Indiana George

played well as early as his rookie year. lit a fire under parker's ass. was part of the nephew trade in what was a really tough goodbye but ultimately worked out. he went on to have a nice career. kinda bummed he never won a ring. was part of those pacers teams that were really good but ran into the Heatles buzzsaw, then later found a nice role on the bucks but was dealt in the Holiday trade that put the bucks over the top
    He was also on the Cavs team that lost in the Finals in part due to JR going full JR in Game One.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was also on the Cavs team that lost in the Finals in part due to JR going full JR in Game One.
    Didn't really want to bring this up, but I don't remember clearly, didn't George also miss critical free throws in one of those games?

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't really want to bring this up, but I don't remember clearly, didn't George also miss critical free throws in one of those games?
    Kinda 2018 Cavs V Golden State, Game one Bron has the ball at the top of the Key Hill guarded by Clay Thomson breaks for the basket wide open for a lay-up as the pass is coming in from Bron, Hill is brought to the floor by Clay. Free Throws . Hits the first tie game misses the second. JR Smith Just starts dribbling out the clock because he's JR Smith.

Cavs got swept Hill was the second or third best player for the Cavs that play-offs. He spent about 7 years of that 15 year career as a quality starter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kinda 2018 Cavs V Golden State, Game one Bron has the ball at the top of the Key Hill guarded by Clay Thomson breaks for the basket wide open for a lay-up as the pass is coming in from Bron, Hill is brought to the floor by Clay. Free Throws . Hits the first tie game misses the second. JR Smith Just starts dribbling out the clock because he's JR Smith.

Cavs got swept Hill was the second or third best player for the Cavs that play-offs. He spent about 7 years of that 15 year career as a quality starter.
    Thanks for the refresher. So he didn't totally cost them the game. That is good as I was always a G. Hill fan. I remember being pretty sad for him as I thought he cost them one of the games. I felt if they won that game, it might have changed the series.

I kind of wanted the Spurs to sign him later on, but it never happened. Did the Spurs give him an offer around 2017 or whatever the year was they signed Mills and Gasol to those (IMO) overpriced contracts? I thought I read Hill declined it as he was expecting a bigger offer or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to see former spur George Hill doing well for himself, unlike so many other athletes that earn million upon millions of dollars only to go broke from drugs and stupidity. Good job George, you made San
    Antonio proud when you were here, and now San Antonio is proud of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Spurs sent Hill a ring in 2014 for his part in landing us Kawhi. Sucks he couldn't be around for that.

Good player, great guy...not a star, but one of those glue type guys that any team would love to have.

Glad to see him doing well.

Thread Information