Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. What a fun game. Wish Wemby had gotten that 5x5 ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8-21 for Wemby, countless bad shots, especially in crunch time, not moving the ball enough and he gets an A? His play in the 4th cost is a win. I love the guy and I think we should apply higher standards to him, he’s a leader of this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8-21 for Wemby, countless bad shots, especially in crunch time, not moving the ball enough and he gets an A? His play in the 4th cost is a win. I love the guy and I think we should apply higher standards to him, he’s a leader of this team
    Careful… you’re tooting the Pauleta horn. Wemby can do no wrong!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. It was compe ive and they got the L, and that, right now, is the best a Spurs fan can hope for. I like watching Wesley and I think he did a better job than C-. I think he is starting to assert himself more offensively and yet still within his role. Defensively he’s there harassing his guy full-court as always. I’d give Wesley a B.

Sochan’s spin moves and handles are greatly improving. He’s a student of the game and a gym rat and it shows with his vast improvement. On the contrary I like that he’s calling his own number more and being aggressive offensively. With 16 pts to show, I’d give Sochan a better grade than B-.

With 37 assists and only 8 TO’s, I think it was a pretty good outing. The Kings were just a little bit efficient shooting and got lucky with a no call on Wemby with less than a minute left, which gave the Kings lead instead. Still I’m happy for the L and a better cushion at 3rd worst. It couldn’t be better for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team is odd that they seem to have, at most, one player playing well at a time. When Vassell plays well, Victor doesn't, when Victor plays well (many games), every body else sucks, when Sochan plays well, Vassell sucks. If the team can have two or three players consistently play well, this is easily a 35-win team.

The players are trying, but they just seem so lost some times, it's almost like they know one of their teammates are hot, and they don't know what to do. Oh crap, Vassell is on fire, should I shoot or keep feeding him the ball?

They are playing like a pick up team, still. There are clear improvements from the ghastly games at the beginning of the season, but they have a looooooong way to go.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins needs to start getting DNPs.
    This is inexcusable, he's horrible at every aspect of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.
    Also true Spurs don't have a snowballs chance in the 4th without Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked to me that the team practiced a time or two during the break while Sochan and Wemby were away. The second unit looked somewhat functional at times last night as opposed to their typical trainwwreck.

The closing unit still struggles to work together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True.
    Also true Spurs don't have a snowballs chance in the 4th without Wemby.
    Wemby found a way to contribute in the first half particularly on the boards. The first half was as well as I have ever seen him rebound. Shooting aside, he was getting straight worked down low by Sabonis. Now that tape is out there, everyone is going to be trying it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Barlowe starts getting minutes over Zollins soon man. Bottom 3 is going to be locked in pretty soon tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby found a way to contribute in the first half particularly on the boards. The first half was as well as I have ever seen him rebound. Shooting aside, he was getting straight worked down low by Sabonis. Now that tape is out there, everyone is going to be trying it.
    lol, you think it took an NBA team until 50+ games in to the season to figure out that they should try to push around the rail thin tall guy? Other teams can try it, but how many other teams have a guy like Sabonis? And Wemby gave as good as he got blocking him or making him miss shots several times.

Everyone has been trying Wemby all year and all that's done is led to him leading the NBA in blocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was a perfect game at this point in the season. Compe ive, and fun to watch, young guys played good and showed flashes, and we managed to it up in the last 2 minutes. This is the exact type of game they can learn from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we just waive morris so barlow can get signed to an NBA contract? collins level of awfulness has reached an all time-low. i'd rather have barlow out there at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that we need to start applying a higher standard to Wemby.
    These grades are obviously given on a curve based on expectations, and I think we can all agree that expectations have gone up for Wemby.
    This performance would absolutely be worthy of an A early in the season.
    We should expect more going forward.

He is so talented, that even on a bad night he stuffs the stat sheet and gives his team a chance to win.
    His backup is so ing bad that a tough night from Wemby is still pretty good.
    But let's be honest, last night was a BAD night for Wemby.
    On offense where he took too many tough 2 point jumpers early and missed them all. For the game he missed five straight 3pointers before finally making one late in the 4th quarter.
    He missed one of his first two free throws. The shot was NOT THERE.
    On defense he was much better, but unfortunately he was owned by Sabonis for most of the game.

I LOVE Wemby. I can't believe how lucky we are to have him. He's even better than I expected. ROTY isn't even close. I'm going to keep celebrating him.
    That being said, improvement is the name of the game.
    I'm likely to spend a lot of the late season focused on what he is doing to improve his weaknesses and inconsistencies.
    Fewer turnovers. More efficient shot selection. Better rebounding. Stamina to play 30+ every night. Drawing fouls. Etc, etc.
    It's an exciting time to be a Spurs fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby needs to start putting full games together on offense and defense. Hard to see why he has games where his D is great but offense a little off. Or the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, you think it took an NBA team until 50+ games in to the season to figure out that they should try to push around the rail thin tall guy? Other teams can try it, but how many other teams have a guy like Sabonis? And Wemby gave as good as he got blocking him or making him miss shots several times.

Everyone has been trying Wemby all year and all that's done is led to him leading the NBA in blocks.
    Not with that type of success they have not. I get that you dumbed it down to the tape showing only physicality but Sabonis did more than that. Nice strawman though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fun game. Collins is still horrible. Happy to see champagnie play aggressive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROB DILLINGHAM would have won this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Wemby looked the opposite of what OP said. He was slow, lacked normal reactiveness, hardly contested anything without just standing up, pick and roll defense was getting scorched all night as he baby sat the free throw line with no threat. Had no idea what was going on with his pick and roll defense, he wasn't even staying on his guy. Kings attacked his pick and roll defense all night.

His shot was bad and decision making was pretty bad. Took really bad 3s for no reason or without rhythm. He really needs to take LMA advice and develop one or two go to moves because be over thinks and can't seem to figure out what he wants to do. His tunnel vision is such an issue when he's not hitting any type of shot.

He was also slow on his own pick and roll in attacking the basket. Few times his teammates expected him to attack and he's just taking his time walking.

Not to mention the bad passing.

It was a bad game for a young superstar. Really wish the team wouldn't freeze out the hot hand at the end of every game. Vassell was clearly on another level and Vic kept calling his own number. Plenty of coaching tape on this one. On to the next one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is kind of hard to understand how they manage to find the loss while playing so well. I guess we get the best of both worlds this season, having a lot of fun while not ruining our lottery seeding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby was chucking a bit but he did make some playmaking out of his possessions. He managed 4 assists.

What was interesting is that he had only 1 turnovers. He was beating half a dozen before the break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a player has "slow reactiveness", "hardly contests anything" and winds up with 13 boards, 5 blocks and 5 steals. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not with that type of success they have not. I get that you dumbed it down to the tape showing only physicality but Sabonis did more than that. Nice strawman though.
    Wemby might not be as good as the top 3 centers in the NBA than he is on a night when he doesn't play the top 3 centers but its not like any center in the NBA can just replicate that. That's kind of the point. Yeah, Sabonis did things to score on Wemby but only two other teams have centers who are as good or better than Sabonis (and one of them hung 70 on Wemby) but that doesn't mean any other team in the NBA is going to be able to replicate it or the secret is out.

He scored all of 22 points. 2 points more than his average. That's not really "getting straight worked" but sure, the tape is out now and everyone will try it. The tape of Jordan's been out for awhile and somehow people haven't been able to replicate him yet. Weird.

Thread Information