Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone smart explain it:

It seems like no matter the conditions or flow of the game, when it comes down to it, we are going to find a way to have less points than the other team when it is all said and done, regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It seems like no matter the conditions or flow of the game, when it comes down to it, we are going to find a way to have less points than the other team when it is all said and done, regardless.
    What's to understand? It's an inexperienced team. Good teams know how to raise a notch and how to get stops and manufacture points. They don't start out this way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bruh it’s easy to say just pass the ball to the tallest guy. Wemby is a freak that nobody has seen play. It takes time. And Vassell’s offense takes some pressure off Victor. Plus Vassel’s defense is starting to get there. Do you see him sprinting back to defense, and that chase block?
    I think ur missing my point

I like Vassell A LOT, I’d have loved to have him during one of our previous eras when we were competing and needed elite role players. I have nothing against him like I have against most of the rest of the roster…

But you’ve played ball I’m sure and pick and roll if they can be tougher than they look are and easy/basic exercise in bb, devin has been with Vic since august/sept practicing everydays!

I like your patience but I haven’t seen the slightest improvement in almost 50 games…

As for the trade idea it’s just pragmatic bc of his coming salary and the necessity to give up something of value in a trade for it to happen
    I can’t see any other player that could attracted teams and it’d be stupid to get rid of our 25 picks. So…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one who didn’t watch last night and tonight’s game. It’s a back to back. Seriously?
    Chet holmgren,Scottie barnes,Zion williams and many others played back to back and still produced.But i guess vassell can not.
    Asking to much from our most payed player.My bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet holmgren,Scottie barnes,Zion williams and many others played back to back and still produced.But i guess vassell can not.
    Asking to much from our most payed player.My bad
    Number 2 pick, number 4 pick, number 1 pick.

And lmao sometimes those players suck too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Number 2 pick, number 4 pick, number 1 pick.

And lmao sometimes those players suck too.
    ok...tyrese maxey,Pick 20,Scored 35 yesterday and 24 today.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5x5 should help on the ROY bid. Media would play that out
    he won it when he almost got the quad double

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sub/Rotations hurt.
    Pop subs out on time. Other teams still have starters in the game while Pop is subbin out cuz its time!

...That hurts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There’s not that much to figure out. Just watch. The coaching is so incompetent that all it usually takes to demolish the Spurs defense is a simple screen.

And of course it isn’t only the defense. I wasn’t able to watch the whole Fakers game, but by the shot chart I saw, Wemby got three shots in the third quarter and they were all from 3pt range.

Wemby is prospectively one of the greatest dunkers in NBA history, and the Spurs coaching is so bad that a quarter can go by and he doesn’t get a shot inside the arc.

Coach Vino should not have been given that contract extension.

With the weaknesses of the roster, and the disgracefully inept coaching, it’s no surprise they get outscored. It’s a testament to the human spirit that they ever appear to have a chance to win.

You know all this if you’ve been watching. You’ve seen it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby got his 5x5 for his ROTY bid, and an L to stay in hunt for top pick. What are fans complaining?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's becoming increasingly clear that this front office needs to raise the floor for this team, placing a more qualified squad around this child. He is truly the greatest potential in the history of the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t Wemby have like 4 steals in the first quarter?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins might've had the worst game I've ever seen all things considered. How many times did he get absolutely yammed on by a Laker, then go down the other end of the court and dribble the ball off his foot? Like seven?

By the end it felt mean for Pop to still have him in tbh. Seeing his body language going to the bench in the 4th was like the Jeff Ayres crying game, where's TD to give this guy a hug

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Collins defense (no pun intended), he gets posterized because he still go block every dunk. He’s on a very terrible slump and I’m glad he was able to sunk two 3’s (the 2nd at the last seconds of the game sort of practice shot). The guy doesn’t give up, and Pop will work on him for his motor and tenacity. He’s a good kid. I’ll root for him to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another one who didn’t watch last night and tonight’s game. It’s a back to back. Seriously?
    The dude had almost a whole week off. B2B should not be an excuse. Especially since it wasn't a far travel game.

Like the other poster said it's how DV is inconsistent, but also because when he's not hitting his shots he doesn't facilitate for others. If DV is going to be paid and take shots like the one of the top options on the team then he should try at least to set people up more if he's not hitting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby got his 5x5 for his ROTY bid, and an L to stay in hunt for top pick. What are fans complaining?
    pretty much this

spurs are tanking, this is a fact. Pop has been smart to 1) keep Victor healthy 2) help improve his game and 3) let the kid get his stats.. not sure why people complain about.. but but we don’t want wemby to get used to losing smh…

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude had almost a whole week off. B2B should not be an excuse. Especially since it wasn't a far travel game.

Like the other poster said it's how DV is inconsistent, but also because when he's not hitting his shots he doesn't facilitate for others. If DV is going to be paid and take shots like the one of the top options on the team then he should try at least to set people up more if he's not hitting.
    Vassell is getting paid an average of 29 million a year. This is somewhere between Buddy Hield/CJ McCollum and RJ Barrett/Tyler Herro. The guy's inconsistent, but he's young and improving and his contract is in line with or actually better value than his peers. He's also getting forced into a 1st/2nd option role when he's getting paid more like a 3rd option. Desmond Bane is getting paid 41 million if you want a better player.

Thread Information