Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'll probably just do Kerrville or Fredericksburg with my mom. Was going to do Ohio but I don't have a girlfriend up in the midwest at present.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Monday, April 8, 2024 for you flat earthers (fabbs is ST flat earth society btw)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Muh backyard.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Kerrville area.
    Its going to be very close to the longest totality.

Hopefully we get clear sky that day.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Kerrville area.
    Its going to be very close to the longest totality.

Hopefully we get clear sky that day.
    Agreed. Spring is very volatile weather-wise anywhere east of the Rockies. I'd keep two eyes on the weather forecast that week and book a plane ticket or drive somewhere else in the totality path (it goes all the way up from Eagle Pass TX to Lake Erie in North Central Ohio) if it's going to rain down here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Probably go to Boerne since getting back into town would probably take twice as long as if I went to Fredricksburg or Kerrville while in Boerne I'd still being able to get a good 3 1/2 minutes of totality.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Probably go to Boerne since getting back into town would probably take twice as long as if I went to Fredricksburg or Kerrville while in Boerne I'd still being able to get a good 3 1/2 minutes of totality.
    Yeah, it's almost certainly going to be a traffic nightmare. But it's literally a once in a generation event. The next one won't happen we're likely dead. Even the one in 2044, if we're alive by then, pretty much crosses the Canadian border into Montana at roughly sunset and you can forget about totality.

This one is perfect and a once in a lifetime event. Maximum totality or bust.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah, it's almost certainly going to be a traffic nightmare. But it's literally a once in a generation event. The next one won't happen we're likely dead. Even the one in 2044, if we're alive by then, pretty much crosses the Canadian border into Montana at roughly sunset and you can forget about totality.

This one is perfect and a once in a lifetime event. Maximum totality or bust.
    The 2045 one goes into Oklahoma, but this is far more than a generational event. The last full solar eclipse to come to the San Antonio area was smack dab in between the founding of Cambridge University and the birth of the Aztec Empire, to give an idea how rare this is. It was before the great vowel shift, before Chaucer wrote the Canterbury Tales in Middle English (which was a to read in its native language, off UCLA making us read Middle English in a general education class required of all graduates).

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw the 2017 Eclipse in Nebraska.

It lasted about 2 1/2 minutes.
    The sky was perfectly clear and it was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
    So many weird things happened, even before and after totality. Shadows were different, the temperature dropped, wind came out of nowhere, it was altogether magnificent.
    Every person I was with will also see the 2024 event together again with a couple more added in.
    Even if it is cloudy, it still will be very apparent when totality occurs. Its just nice to watch the whole thing and time it.
    Its incredible because the totality occurred exactly when it was supposed to. The door just slammed shut. And every animal, bird, human got weirded out.

What was also neat was people started clapping as it occurred. You could hear the clapping from way off and then it got closer and closer till we started clapping. Then it moved on. A wave of clapping.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I saw the 2017 Eclipse in Nebraska.

It lasted about 2 1/2 minutes.
    The sky was perfectly clear and it was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.
    So many weird things happened, even before and after totality. Shadows were different, the temperature dropped, wind came out of nowhere, it was altogether magnificent.
    Every person I was with will also see the 2024 event together again with a couple more added in.
    Even if it is cloudy, it still will be very apparent when totality occurs. Its just nice to watch the whole thing and time it.
    Its incredible because the totality occurred exactly when it was supposed to. The door just slammed shut. And every animal, bird, human got weirded out.

What was also neat was people started clapping as it occurred. You could hear the clapping from way off and then it got closer and closer till we started clapping. Then it moved on. A wave of clapping.
    Yeah I have lots of family from that area and they all went to Beatrice Nebraska to see it. I was jealous. I was stuck in DFW with no money at the time. Noticed a very slight tint in the daylight but nothing else.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    The 2045 one goes into Oklahoma, but this is far more than a generational event. The last full solar eclipse to come to the San Antonio area was smack dab in between the founding of Cambridge University and the birth of the Aztec Empire, to give an idea how rare this is. It was before the great vowel shift, before Chaucer wrote the Canterbury Tales in Middle English (which was a to read in its native language, off UCLA making us read Middle English in a general education class required of all graduates).
    Exactly.

Just hope that westerly low pressure trough / squall (April is full of them, probably more than any other month) s off, for that day at least

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Prolly Dripping Springs tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It always freaks me out how that town copied downtown SA

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hooters

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Barber Shop is a decent place to grab a beer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I have a friend with a river house up near Hunt, which is near Kerrville.... normally they rent out for about $3-400 a night depending on season. For kicks put out for $15k per night on vrbo and got it. Some NY company.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I have a friend with a river house up near Hunt, which is near Kerrville.... normally they rent out for about $3-400 a night depending on season. For kicks put out for $15k per night on vrbo and got it. Some NY company.
    Which is hilarious, considering it's predicted to be cloudy and potentially rainy here while in upstate NY including Buffalo which also has path of totality, is expected to be crystal clear.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I would argue the Annular eclipse belongs somewhere to the northwest of (left and above) the "Partial Solar Eclipse" dot.

It doesn't sound amazing, but it was absolutely a sight to behold this past Octubre.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ugh still overcast and 80s expected for Monday the 8th.

off, trough!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Correction, $1500 a night. But still.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Which is hilarious, considering it's predicted to be cloudy and potentially rainy here while in upstate NY including Buffalo which also has path of totality, is expected to be crystal clear.
    5 days out calling it is tough.
    Rainy and cloudy in the morning possibly. Also possibly cleared by 1:30 with high thin clouds. Its less of a crap shoot but still a crap shoot.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Correction, $1500 a night. But still.
    Lot of people held out that owned land.
    Some Eclipsers rented way early when the owners did not know it was coming.
    And some owners played the, " we cant do your reservation" when they found out why people were signing up in droves.
    Nothing like the gouge on astronomical events I guess.

Also if you gouge and did not limit the number of viewers you might find that people where using your lamps to sleep on. Tough game for the uninitiated possibly.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Lot of people held out that owned land.
    Some Eclipsers rented way early when the owners did not know it was coming.
    And some owners played the, " we cant do your reservation" when they found out why people were signing up in droves.
    Nothing like the gouge on astronomical events I guess.

Also if you gouge and did not limit the number of viewers you might find that people where using your lamps to sleep on. Tough game for the uninitiated possibly.
    I've just decided to watch it from my backyard of my [childhood] house just west of the Medina/Bexar line. It's still going to be over 2 minutes of totality, not quite the 4 and a half in Kerrville/Fredericksburg, but much less headache of a travel.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Outside

Thread Information