View Poll Results: Would Tim Duncan regularly shoot 3s in today's NBA?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he wouldn't regularly shoot threes today, either

13 32.50%
  • Yes, he'd shoot at least 1 a game

14 35.00%
  • Yes, he'd shoot at least 2 a game

7 17.50%
  • Yes, he'd shoot at least 3 a game

4 10.00%
  • Yes, he'd shoot more than even 3 a game

2 5.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good - and do you think that would hold true today as well? Or do you agree with spurraider21 that "KG almost certainly goes down as the better player"?
    I do. Inexplicably, many seem to forget young Duncan.

They're different players, but for all of Jokic's skill, boiled down it's the same formula: lot of it is derived from being able to overpower virtually any defender, whether it be back to the basket or turning, facing and driving in the post or pump faking and driving from 3.

That brings two to the ball and opens up his genius passing and he's ridden it to being the best in the world.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The disrespect to TD in this thread is downright disgusting.
    Dude was a dominant force and continued to be one into his late thirties, adjusting to his own body and to the changing NBA landscape.
    Tim was arguably the best player on that 2014 team and the free-flowing, 3-pt dominated NBA we see today was already at its nascent stage back then.
    He could have been finals MVP in 2013 had they won and he was certainly the best player in the team for most of the 2014 playoff run.
    AND HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR his physical prime.
    Where was KG around that period, eh?

SMH

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The disrespect to TD in this thread is downright disgusting.
    Dude was a dominant force and continued to be one into his late thirties, adjusting to his own body and to the changing NBA landscape.
    Tim was arguably the best player on that 2014 team and the free-flowing, 3-pt dominated NBA we see today was already at its nascent stage back then.
    He could have been finals MVP in 2013 had they won and he was certainly the best player in the team for most of the 2014 playoff run.
    AND HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR his physical prime.
    Where was KG around that period, eh?

SMH
    There's been no disrespect to Tim Duncan in this thread. It's commonly considered to be a solid take that KG is 2nd only to Tim. Barkley and Malone are up there as well, but none of that is disrespecting Duncan. There's a reason Tim is considered the GOAT PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan would be a caribbean Zollins today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    td will shoot if open...he dont take low % shots

now if u are spot up sharp shooter like kerr/nash... they probably throw up more shots since everyone is chucking, and the coach would be fine with that since that is how the offense in the league is now compared to 2 decades ago the 3pt shot was considered a low % shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really don't see why KG would be the better player in this era ?

it's not like players are characters from a video game with skills ratings and you compare them with the supposed skills required from an era.

Tim was the better player for a lot of reasons (mental, bball IQ, footwork on the post, intangibles, leadership, defensive anchor) and i don't see any reason for that to change.
    you listed a bunch of attributes, several of which are redundant or have significant overlap. KG was as good a defensive anchor. Duncan definitely had better footwork in the post and was stronger and more rugged down low. those happen to be much less important in today's nba, whereas the thing KG was better at (defensive versatility, shooting, handling, passing) are much more emphasized

Duncan's style of leadership and mental for ude would still carry over for sure. im just not sure it would outweigh the play on the court

Duncan was built for the era he played in. KG was built for today's game. Robinson was great in his time but would probably be even better today

Thread Information