Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My sources, around the league, tell me that PG Kevin Tran has accepted an Assistant to the Video Coordinator position with the Spurs.

Spurs fans should be excited about the move. As a player, Tran was a gritty, high IQ player. He drew comparisons to Kyrie Irving. He was constantly praised for playing the game the right way.

The specifics of his contract allow him to interview for other assistant positions (including Head Coach openings) if they are considered a promotion of his current role. This is very similar to a rule in the NFL for assistant coaches.

Most notably, Erik Spoelstra, Head Coach of the Miami Heat, got his start in the organization as a Video Coordinator. Spolesta is currently the second longest tenured coach in the NBA after Spurs Head Gregg Popovich.

How does Spurs Nation feel about this move? And do we expect to be out of the bottom 3 in total defense in next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aw. Playing ‘career’ over already?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't see the point in keeping all the ATL picks if Kevin Tran is off the board

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s official: Pop is leaving next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Need clarification: is the position assistant video coordinator or assistant to the video coordinator?

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. He was never the same after the paper cut injury to his shooting hand.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like we're a little overstaffed now at AVC, I would have rather seen him added to the Marketing or training staffs. He's a unicorn though, so I'm sure he'll be tapped for a variety of roles during his career. I just hope he doesn't get frustrated with the losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought he might fill the vacant team psychologist spot......

Thread Information