Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook posting those essays just to blame something on Vic. Does it all the time.
    ChinGPT tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is done since 2018...or something like this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are tanking It’s so easy to sign a George Hill, CoJo or anybody and win more games. But why?? So they could get pounded in the 1st round, IF they even make there, while losing the chance of drafting two lottery picks.

You are getting it twisted, its not about winning games it’s about getting better as a team and right now they look more out of sync than they have ever been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg Popovich could come directly on John B's head, and he'd tell us it was all part of a master plan. Gotta appreciate the never-ending optimism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are posters gonna say when we do draft with whatever top pick we get this summer and the team still sucks just as much next year. Is the excuse still gonna be “dur dur the spurs are just tanking.” They may as well be tanking this year but don’t think it was that much part of the plan to have only 11 wins. Maybe the personnel is just trash too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg Popovich could come directly on John B's head, and he'd tell us it was all part of a master plan. Gotta appreciate the never-ending optimism.
    John B is the ultimate sniffer. Reddit type poster tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John B is the ultimate sniffer. Reddit type poster tbh.

hes a solid poster. But the homer shtick is tiring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is leading all rookies in almost all categories, arguably top 2 defensive players if not best, maybe top 10 best player right now. Where exactly is the disservice??

Spurs are poised to get 2 lottery picks, potential top 5 and top 10, has caps and movable assets to sign/trade maybe a Trae Young or whoever come the off season. And I don’t doubt many more would love to pair with Wemby. You rather win meaningless W’s now, and lose the chance of drafting two lottery picks so we can watch meaningless wins now?? Are we there yet, are we there yet??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are posters gonna say when we do draft with whatever top pick we get this summer and the team still sucks just as much next year. Is the excuse still gonna be “dur dur the spurs are just tanking.” They may as well be tanking this year but don’t think it was that much part of the plan to have only 11 wins. Maybe the personnel is just trash too.
    Bruh that happens, I’m with everybody on replacing Pop with a new blood, a hungry one with motivation to make his own legacy. But until then, I’m with the FO on taking it slowly. Wemby represents billions of dollars to both the city of San Antonio and to the Holts, not to mention the responsibility to meet his GOAT potential without the risk of injury. And I think the FO is doing a marvelous job of slowly developing him, getting him stronger everyday. It’s not everyday you come up with a generational-and-more like Wemby. I’ve a loyal Spurs fan since DRob rookie year. It’s been a dominant 3 decades for the most part (even before then with only a few years missing the playoffs). So that says a lot about Spurs organization to falter now. Patience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of us have opinions on Pop, but man... this guy really hates him

I just don't understand what the Spurs coaching staff thinks is going to happen down the road - all of these guys are just going to forgot all the bad habits they learned and become good defenders? Even if Wemby and Vassell are the only players left on the team, they've still been taught whatever the this defensive scheme is and that will need to be broken. Wemby having the defensive impact he does while still making a ton of mistakes and being surrounded by even more mistakes is impressive, but also frustrating.
    I was prepared to hate this video before clicking on it but I mean, dude isn't wrong about the defense even if the hate goes too far lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is leading all rookies in almost all categories, arguably top 2 defensive players if not best, maybe top 10 best player right now. Where exactly is the disservice??

Spurs are poised to get 2 lottery picks, potential top 5 and top 10, has caps and movable assets to sign/trade maybe a Trae Young or whoever come the off season. And I don’t doubt many more would love to pair with Wemby. You rather win meaningless W’s now, and lose the chance of drafting two lottery picks so we can watch meaningless wins now?? Are we there yet, are we there yet??
    I mean teaching good habits and letting this team actually grow this year wouldn't change that we would be getting two lottery picks this year. Your right that the Spurs have a pretty good warchest to build a team around Wemby, but none of that changes had the Spurs gotten better and won 30 games this year. This year's draft is completely unexciting and we already have the guy we're going to build around. This year is a wash, and it won't ruin our long term chances but losing doesn't make them significantly better IMO. Taking has zero real bearing on how good Toronto's pick is as well.

There's plenty of red flags with the way this team is being coached right now. I really hope this is it for Pop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook stop trying to outsmart ouself mate

You're acting like Wemby is at a normal level for a rookie, who are u trying to sell that?

You're opposing your narrative to the most extem opposite as if ppl didn't have any nuance in their objections.

Yes Wemby isn't perfect, takes bad shots, has avoidable TOs etc what player doesn't and at what age? Is that your argument??

Wemby has already shown in a small time frame the absurd speed in which he learns and progresses, you think it'll stop suddenly?

Can't you with little imagination, see what could happen if Victor was surrounded by higher IQ and more skilled players seing what he already does with the garbage we have?

How is that going to slow his progression?

ALSO... The main doubt regarding Wemby's career remains the same as before his arrival and seems to be forgotten, his body type represents a high risk of injury and a shorten career compared to more classic ones. Just for that reason he deserves to have the process accelerated or at least not get the same treatment than a more classic player get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assistants don’t “come here”, they’re almost all home grown,in an NBA sense. PJ Carlissimo and that Boylan idiot are the only two I can think of who came from elsewhere in the NBA. The rest start life as a spurs intern or video coordinator, or come from abroad like Ettore or Bret Brown.
    You say no one comes then name 4 that came. Way to drive home your point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook stop trying to outsmart ouself mate

You're acting like Wemby is at a normal level for a rookie, who are u trying to sell that?.
    I'm acting like Wemby should be allowed to be a rookie and not be given extra expectations by a desperate fan base who can't get over a player leaving six years ago. It's okay for him to be a rookie and a kid. That doesn't have to "blamed" or "explained". You have folks ting themselves inside out because the Spurs aren't winning games this year, coming up with random conspiracies to justify things that don't need to be justified and being comfortable twisting undesirable things into being catastrophes.

Yes Wemby isn't perfect, takes bad shots, has avoidable TOs etc what player doesn't and at what age? Is that your argument??
    The argument isn't "Wemby isn't good". It's specifically "Wemby's still at the beginning of his progression curve, and his production shouldn't fool people into thinking he's further along down it than he is." He's not at the point where the team's success is a reflection of his worth. He's not at the point where he "needs help". He's not at the point where people should even consider worrying about trade demands. He's not at the point where he knows how to operate to his best abilities on an NBA court. That's all okay. He's a rookie. The Spurs have problems and concerns separate from Wemby, but the most important factor that does relate to Wemby is his development, and that's going to take time more than anything else.

Can't you with little imagination, see what could happen if Victor was surrounded by higher IQ and more skilled players seing what he already does with the garbage we have?
    You mean guys who have the cache to NOT just pass Wemby the ball because they're also good offensive players? People act like Trae Young is going to be given Wemby entry passes for post-ups while spacing the floor. Wemby will likely benefit from Young in terms of Victor's finishing game. But Wemby is more than that, and it's that more that he can basically explore freely right now. Young can't even handle another guard having the ball in his hands, and folks think he's going to his center doing it. It's not exclusively a Trae issue either. Any players worth their salt are going to call their own numbers just like Vassell and Johnson. They'll hopefully be more consistent when they do, but no one is coming over to take a smaller role than those two have, and they'll expect the possessions they're giving up to be used better.

And no, before you jump in, I have never been opposed to the team bringing that talent in, not before this season or going forward. That doesn't mean that this year has been bad for him.

The main doubt regarding Wemby's career remains the same as before his arrival and seems to be forgotten, his body type represents a high risk of injury and a shorten career compared to more classic ones. Just for that reason he deserves to have the process accelerated or at least not get the same treatment than a more classic player get. .
    This isn't "treatment". You can't come in here complaining about me twisting argument then come in and say the argument plain just as I had presented it. Wemby isn't getting held back arbitrarily. He's not there yet. The point of talking about his flaws isn't to hate on him. It's to try to explain how he can still be years away despite having stats far beyond where he should be. To make a distasteful analogy, it's to explain that even though he looks older, he's still too young.

... Anyways, even if he's on a timer, that doesn't mean the Spurs should accelerate anything. It just means that it's critical that they no up their building process. In that scenario, they might only get three years to win a le with Wemby, and they're more likely to miss that window by making bad trade than they are by using a couple of early years to continue stacking assets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook

- 1st pls don’t use those extrem cases of fans to make ur point. I have no trauma regarding Kawhi and I’m not pushing for a “let’s be contender next season” type of scenario.

- my point wasn’t “Wemby is good” but “everybody is always learning at every age and u could find many instances of less talented less wise lesser IQ player but older and not treated that way.
    u basically say Wemby is still young, a rookie as if the Spurs had any control of the environment he has to deal/face with!
    Wemby is ALREADY been treated by opponents like an allstar and THE guy to stop every game!

You can’t hide him, he’s too impactful to have the classic rookie road. So why should the spurs treat him diff as a lesser player than every opponent in the league treats and sees him?

He has shown the maturity and character of someone who doesn’t need protection but help.

- Not fan of the Trae option either tbh (see? Don’t assume or use worst or convenient takes to make ur point mate, I never mentioned Trae at any point, I’m more leaning toward a Brogdon…)
    I’m not hoping for an Allstar, just player with good fundamentals, capable of seing amd passing the ball to a 7’4, surprisingly it seems impossible for the players we have.

- my point is he can work on his flaws on the fly while competing, not loosing, especially THAT way…

- the “timer” isn’t THE reason Spurs should accelerate the process, it’s one of many reasons with his unique maturity IQ and “sponge” ability that makes him takes leaps in record time.

THAT is rare enough to be the exception that confirms the rule. That is why u need to adapt ur initial plans when you get new infos and the context changes.

even the most optimistic didn’t imagine him being that good that impactful that quick.

If you can’t imagine what could happen if Wemby had shooters to spread or decent passers for easy buckets…

Thread Information