Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By not structuring an offense around him ... Right now he just sets screens and waits for a pass that may or may not come... And then on those nights he doesn't get a lot of touches early, he resorts to chucking frustration threes just to get shots up

Dude can be utilized in so many ways that is capable for creating for himself and others

1. Can use him as the ballhandler in a pick and roll
    2. Have him come off screens and curls
    3. Mid/high post iso and have teammates cut (like Jokic)...

Right now he is scoring off jump baskets and pure talent... He isn't growing his game or finding out a go-to move...

And next year with pop at the helm, it will be the same script, different cast

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will never go anywhere until that old bas falls over dead

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is extremely frustrated right now and it’s on full display. Dude needs a W pretty bad. I wonder how close Pop is to losing him because this was by far the worst body language I’ve seen from him. Pop benching him in the 3rd was an odd move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the worst coaching season All Time by an NBA coach?

*throw out Tank years and horrible owner forced losses ie Donald Sterlling.

Super Sniffers will say CIA Popped is tanking. Ok, for what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop still being the head coach after almost 30 years feels incredibly stale. Dude has been exposed to a certain extent without the big 3 to make him look good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only wish on earth is that everyone in this thread (except me) just goes ahead and shoots themselves in the face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss Tark. Glad yall are finally starting to see the light.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean he’s still at the top of his game. Everyone was giving him the Slurp3000 when McDonald asked him about pick and roll coverage and he rambled for three minutes about…Jerry Sloan, hand checking, and staying in front of your man.

Sure, the Spurs are bottom 5 on D against PNR ball handlers, off ball screens, and DHO but I mean cmon, you can’t win em all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My only wish on earth is that everyone in this thread (except me) just goes ahead and shoots themselves in the face.
    lol.

What I'd ever do to you? (favorite line from Steve Martin's character in Little Shop of Horrors)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rotation today was attrocious, made no sense.

I really wonder what Victor trully thinks of him now, compared to the image he had of him before his draft (Pop was the main reason he thought SA was the best place for him)

We could all be wrong and he's uber patient with PATFO...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took you that long to figure this out?

Post Count
    Once they won the lottery, everything should have been about getting rid of players that help bring about that reality.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should do what the airforce guy did In front of the Israel embassy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby wont put up with losing for very long

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took you that long to figure this out?
    You really aren’t the sharpest tool…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bru! Wishing death and pain on people just because they express an opinion on a sports forum is pretty low of a low.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bru! Wishing death and pain on people just because they express an opinion on a sports forum is pretty low of a low.
    hes a miserable dbag. Nothing new

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re the tiest poster here buddy. You have a worse eye for talent than Chinook does. You think Jeremy So , Malaki Branham and Blake Wesley are good. Before you off yourself, make sure the rope is strong enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really aren’t the sharpest tool…
    I wasn't even talking to you. Are you that insecure?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOWEVER, Pop is finally taking SpursTalk to the extreme Civil War it needs

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiting for the dsy they make a single pass to him rolling. Always just dump it to the corner guy of his picks and ignore him. Let him catch it in the paint, get doubled/tripled, and make the decision

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By not structuring an offense around him ... Right now he just sets screens and waits for a pass that may or may not come... And then on those nights he doesn't get a lot of touches early, he resorts to chucking frustration threes just to get shots up

Dude can be utilized in so many ways that is capable for creating for himself and others

Right now he is scoring off jump baskets and pure talent... He isn't growing his game or finding out a go-to move...

He is getting all that. The problem with his post up is either he is being pushed 10ft away on the catch and he can be guarded by lighter guys and the opposing center is ignoring Sochan and is always on help when he gets deep post. Also because he is awful on the mid range those top of the key touches is not working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're the only poster left in this forum, and finally can put an Anthony Black pic on your avatar.

We all have bad posts here, and you probably more than anyone, but most don't act like they geniuses who never do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Victor’s USG% is 31.9. That’s higher than Trae Young. Second place is Devin with 23.6. I’d say the offense is structured around him.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard in an interview with the esteemed scholar Draymond Green where he said that since Victor can do a little bit of everything and he's all over the court that might actually be hard for his teammates to adjust and know their role and where their spots should be. I don't think that's exactly the problem with this team, it goes beyond that, but still an interesting point.

Thread Information