Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, he's JUST COMING OFF A MENISCUS SURGERY, so I'd expect him to take a while before he gets back to where he was last year. I can understand the hesitancy until he gets back to the level he was playing at last year, but to think he could be had for a 2nd round pick is just ridiculous.
    I think, the Spurs shouldn't give up FRPs for marginally decent talent, even if they have the excuse of meniscus surgery for regression. They should target teams that aren't going anywhere (neither playoffs nor any decent FRPs) or are heading towards luxury tax and have borderline all-stars or very competent two-way players who aren't really going to change things on their own. Bridges from the Nets, Murray from the Hawks, Alex Caruso from the Bulls are good examples of the first type and Kuminga from the Warriors, Ingram from the Pels, seem viable examples from the second type. And I would be only willing to trade FRPs for such players and even among them, the Spurs must prioritise who will fit with Wemby's game.

Murphy, for me, is meh...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people are in this thread seriously talking about trading the number 3 pick for players like Laura and Garland and Ingram

Holy ing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of a leap of faith to just assume he'll get back to his previous form after a meniscus tear when guys like Brandon Roy and Chris Webber were never the same after their tears. Even Tim was quite a bit less athletic after his tear.
    May be a leap of faith? Sure. But not any less than assuming that Cody Williams or Matas Buzelis (both of whom I like) are guaranteed to pan out.

Don't like Trey Murphy? Fair. How about Herb Jones + Hawkins + Lakers '24/'25 first? Or many other deals (I already proposed Deni Avdija + Kispert for Toronto's first + Zach Collins). My point is, if there's a lot of uncertainty around the top 5 prospects, why not get young players that fit and put together a viable NBA team right now? Sign or trade for a PG (Tyus Jones, Brogdon), a veteran wing who can do a little bit of everything, and a backup rim protector, and a coach if Pop doesn't feel like winning anymore, and you still have the entire war chest of picks left to use/trade. The Spurs shouldn't be that far off from being a decent (i.e., contend for a play in spot at least) team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people are in this thread seriously talking about trading the number 3 pick for players like Laura and Garland and Ingram

Holy ing
    #3 pick for Lauri would be a slam dunk imho but Utah would probably laugh it off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of a leap of faith to just assume he'll get back to his previous form after a meniscus tear when guys like Brandon Roy and Chris Webber were never the same after their tears. Even Tim was quite a bit less athletic after his tear.
    then again westbrook came back from it no problem

Thread Information