Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll die on the Bruce Bowen hill. He earned his jersey retirement. you had spurs fans that think Patty and LaMarcus should be in the rafters too.
    Retiring LMA's 12 next to Bruce's 12 would be hilarious tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu couldn't use his number on the Spurs because of Avery.

After the "on second thought, we are retiring #6" fiasco, Manu should have gone with #10. It is the most fitting number for a lefty Argentinian GOAT, tbh.

I don't even know why the he picked 20.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero issue with Johnson and Bowen being up there, especially Bowen. Their careers were defined in San Antonio and they played roles on championship teams.

The bigger question for me is whether to put Leonard up. He left about as quick as he could and never really felt like he settled into the city. But he was clearly one of the best talents to wear the uniform and delivered a championship, so what do you do? Would he even care? Do we?

It's awkward how weak his connection to the team feels. Maybe Pop feels compelled to fix that and it's why he had the senior moment w/the mic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero issue with Johnson and Bowen being up there, especially Bowen. Their careers were defined in San Antonio and they played roles on championship teams.

The bigger question for me is whether to put Leonard up. He left about as quick as he could and never really felt like he settled into the city. But he was clearly one of the best talents to wear the uniform and delivered a championship, so what do you do? Would he even care? Do we?

It's awkward how weak his connection to the team feels. Maybe Pop feels compelled to fix that and it's why he had the senior moment w/the mic.
    Bro, how's this even a question? Nephew.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poverty franchises do poverty franchise things. We are no longer a poverty franchise so it seems weird.

but you still see it today with ORL retiring shaqs jersey who played like 150 games in a magic uniform

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poverty franchises do poverty franchise things. We are no longer a poverty franchise so it seems weird.

but you still see it today with ORL retiring shaqs jersey who played like 150 games in a magic uniform
    He played 295 games there, led the team to their first playoff and finals berth. Shaq should have his number retired there a long time ago. The only thing is that franchise refused to admit how badly they messed up signing shaq and make it seem like shaq acted in bad faith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nephew. And this would be a not so popular opinion, but his Finals MVP was overrated. Sure he slowed-down Lebron, but it was the Beautiful Game that won games, not nephew. TP led the scoring (with 4 others averaging double-digit including nephew), Timmy led the rebound, Green the steal and yes nephew the block. But it was a team effort and not a dominant one player like non-Spurs fan would think. He was a budding superstar sure, but not until 2 years later when he reached that superstar status. By then we’ve got eliminated by the Clippers and OKC no help to him. It would’ve been nice if he didn't get Pachiula’d because he was becoming the TOR version dominant, but then he left and sabotaged the Spurs’ future and caught everyone by surprise and got us on a downward spiral. That alone erases every goid thing he did. So nephew. And Spurs should never retire his jersey number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean besides Gervin, who was a good guard on our team? Alvin Robertson? And he was a POS. So that's why our retired guards (Moore and AJ) are trash in comparison to other teams. Sadly, Moore (and then AJ) held a lot of SA records for point guards

Now we have Manu and Tony so it looks silly, but at the time...

I have zero issue with Bowen though. And Kawhi will have his number retired here. He was a multi-time all star, DPOY, All NBA, champion, and FMVP. There's no way we aren't going to retire his number. The funny thing is the Clippers will do the same and he hasn't done for them

Thread Information