Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One real consideration, if the Spurs take the rebuild up to the next level, is that Devin Vassell (whether justified or not) probably believes that he is 1b on this team and it's future, when in reality on a winning team he should be like the #3 or 4 guy. Will He be able to adapt to this? IMO, better to just ship him out with the rest of the riff raff.
    As much as Keldon is a black hole, I'm more in favor of moving Vassell. Keldon has at least shown a willingness to sacrifice his own role for the greater good (e.g., going to the bench). When I've seen them live, Vassell seems really pouty, and I have difficulty seeing him slot down the 1-2 slots requisite to put him in his rightful role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is the only teammate to show he's worth keeping

Getting better and better as the season goes on, unlike Keldon and Sochan trying to out disappear each other

Vassell in February:
    11 games
    33.7 minutes
    22.0 points
    4.5 rebounds
    4.5 assists
    42.5% from 3 on 6.6 attempts

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One real consideration, if the Spurs take the rebuild up to the next level, is that Devin Vassell (whether justified or not) probably believes that he is 1b on this team and it's future, when in reality on a winning team he should be like the #3 or 4 guy. Will He be able to adapt to this? IMO, better to just ship him out with the rest of the riff raff.
    For sure, if the team brings a player like Trae, there will be less shot attempts to spread around. Wemby has 16 FGA, Vassel 15, Tre 7.5, Sochan 10 and Champagnie 4.8. Trae has 19 so pretty much the same as Tre, Sochan and Champagnie combined. Granted that Keldon will probably be gone and Trae, Wemby and Vassel will not play all their minutes at the same time but still there is only one ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where rebuilds fail. The problem Wemby does not affect wins as much as helio guys like Lebron/Luka. So there is so much gap between this team and a compe ive one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best news all month, tbh.

Outside of Devin, Wemby probably realizes he's got a bunch of G-leaguers as teammates.
    If Jeremy wasn't such an extrovert with his styling and demeanor, noone would think he will develop into a contributor on a playoff team.
    Decent bench piece, best case scenario.

Others aren't even worth a mention.
    Tre would be a subpar point guard backup, others would be third stringers or cut.

This roster is so bad that even with perfect drafting over the next few years, it would still be an awful team if PATFO doesn't trade for a few serious players and a few more veterans.
    Fifth season in the lottery, Hornets are the only franchise with a longer streak.

Draft BPA this year and be done with it.
    I don't ing care about incredibly low chance to draft Flagg or Boozer, get our GOAT prospect some help because planning the rebuild with another low percentage gamble in mind would be inexcusable.

Spurs can easily get a running mate for Wemby and a couple more solid players while keeping all their picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting hypothetical. The dream - my dream, at least - is that Trae and Wemby hook him up with so many easy shots and ESPN highlights, he's not too worried about being that 1b/2 option any longer (or at least, as much).

Imagine a guy of Vassell's actually great skill level just shooting open corner three's/jumpers all night instead of having to work his ass off for almost every shot, you know? That would be a thing of beauty. I think he's smart enough to realize he'll play longer and thus make up any lost money in that scenario (by extending his career and his health).

We'll see, though. He got paid before Wemby, so it's unknown how he will take the pressure if, or (I hope, personally) when someone else slides in to take his place. As an aside, this is another reason why I don't think building through the draft is the right call, here. We need a #2 banana and if that's Risacher, Sarr, et all then Devin's not going to be happy. We might have a chance at good chemistry if we get an All-Star he's forced to respect on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell averaged 4.5 assists in January and then again in February, bringing his season average to 3.8

his consistency has left some to be desired, especially in games where wemby is out or struggling, he has failed to pick up the slack when needed to step into the primary role

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunc'd On had a but where they were praising Memphis and Tyler Jenkins for their defense which is still rated very good despite having tons of injuries,10 day players and rookies. They're even good defensively with Jaren Jackson Jr off the court.

Meanwhile Spurs have continuity, lotto picks, and their defense is pure ass

Pop is done
    What lotto picks do the Spurs have? They have a #1 a #9 and a #11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting hypothetical. The dream - my dream, at least - is that Trae and Wemby hook him up with so many easy shots and ESPN highlights, he's not too worried about being that 1b/2 option any longer (or at least, as much).

Imagine a guy of Vassell's actually great skill level just shooting open corner three's/jumpers all night instead of having to work his ass off for almost every shot, you know? That would be a thing of beauty. I think he's smart enough to realize he'll play longer and thus make up any lost money in that scenario (by extending his career and his health).

We'll see, though. He got paid before Wemby, so it's unknown how he will take the pressure if, or (I hope, personally) when someone else slides in to take his place. As an aside, this is another reason why I don't think building through the draft is the right call, here. We need a #2 banana and if that's Risacher, Sarr, et all then Devin's not going to be happy. We might have a chance at good chemistry if we get an All-Star he's forced to respect on the court.
    That would be my hope too... I just get this "I'm the man" chip-on-the-shoulder vibe from Devin that I can't shake... and not in a scrappy good way.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, lets just forget about a certain #12 pick just because he's not on the roster anymore.

Spurs will have top3 odds in the upcoming draft and possibly another pick in #7-10 range.
    If that's not enough to start winning games, then it's time for the entire front office and coaching staff to find another job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and that's more than what Memphis has been rolling out and competing and defending hard with

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, lets just forget about a certain #12 pick just because he's not on the roster anymore.

Spurs will have top3 odds in the upcoming draft and possibly another pick in #7-10 range.
    If that's not enough to start winning games, then it's time for the entire front office and coaching staff to find another job.
    agreed...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team isn't great, but it absolutely should be better than last season. If you assume the players actually should improve naturally and don't actually have any real chemistry issues (IE everyone wants to win, but doesn't understand how), that leaves the bag square in the lap of the oldest, most tired one on the team - Popovich.

I've been a Popovich supporter forever but this season is the end of that support. He's failed, and miserably. The only plausible explanation is the so called stealth tank - and that makes no sense in this draft, or with this generational talent's goals and aspirations.
    Or they are bad fits with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, and that's more than what Memphis has been rolling out and competing and defending hard with
    Memphis is losing as many games as we are. Just go be a Memphis fan if you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst is an inveterate LeBron James rectum washer. He's a remora stuck to the asshole of celebrity. He showed up in France to interview Wemby as soon as he could and his ulterior motive is to get Victor to a big market, hopefully LA. Nothing he says should be taken seriously. Does the team suck? Yeah. Moving on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or they are bad fits with Wemby.
    Fair, but an all-time great coach should be able to at least produce more wins than last season's tank. I feel like +5 wins was expected, at least, as that was the over under in Vegas before the season IIRC (27.5).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windhorst is an inveterate LeBron James rectum washer. He's a remora stuck to the asshole of celebrity. He showed up in France to interview Wemby as soon as he could and his ulterior motive is to get Victor to a big market, hopefully LA. Nothing he says should be taken seriously. Does the team suck? Yeah. Moving on.
    Shut it sucker, you don't know .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut it sucker, you don't know .
    You son of a… I’m in!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair, but an all-time great coach should be able to at least produce more wins than last season's tank. I feel like +5 wins was expected, at least, as that was the over under in Vegas before the season IIRC (27.5).
    He has not been trying to win for awhile. Youre trying to backdoor into your preferred conclusion but you are far short of a deduction.

Winshares are not transferrable from year to year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still wouldn't panick in the offseason and do a Trae Young trade, tbh. I would make the two picks, try to sign a couple of veteran free agents and see how the team looks.

If they are as much ass as this season by the midway point... I would just tank for Cooper Flagg and THEN throw the kitchen sink out the window with a Trae Young type trade.

If they, on the other hand, improve to a, let's say, a borderline play-in team, then it's time to assess and look where the holes are and be agressive in the next offseason to improve in those areas (could involve the Trae trade).

tl; dr: I would still not panick this offseason with a Trae Young type trade.
    Last edited by DAF86; 02-29-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is losing as many games as we are. Just go be a Memphis fan if you want.
    :

Blake Ahearn, Memphis assistant, former Austin coach, is a name to watch for future Spurs coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes a special brand of pathetic loser to semen shield a sports organization that literally is unaware of your existence while constantly telling people online to kill themselves. What a miserable ing existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It takes a special brand of pathetic loser to semen shield a sports organization that literally is unaware of your existence while constantly telling people online to kill themselves. What a miserable ing existence.
    I want to believe he's a relative of someone within the organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade our 2nd best player because you are worried that he might potentially get his feelings hurt about future talent?

, might as well just trade Wemby now because he MIGHT be upset in 5 years, we should probably just get ahead of it

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on Victor showing his alpha traits and putting pressure on a fat and content PATFO. He continues to throw shots about the poverty he's stuck in every game. After the Minny game he said it doesn't matter if you're the best defender in the league, it means nothing if you don't have others helping him and fortunately Gobert doesn't have that problem. This team only has 2 good players, the rest are no defense playing hero ballers.

Trade Jeremy So since fluking his way into the Rising Stars game will be the peak of his trade value. He has half the morons in this fan base fooled into thinking he's some good defender because he paints his hair like Rodman, so I have no doubt there's an idiot GM out there that will bite. Branham is the second worst player on the team behind Collins. Wesley is as mid as it gets and that effort he put in is gone now that he's a rotation player, legitimately provides nothing a G-Leaguer with heart couldn't give you. Keldon is who he is which is not a starter on any contender.

Trade Atlanta their picks back and Keldon for Trae. Try and outbid OKC's trade package for Markkanen, it's going to be nearly impossible to do that with their chest of picks but you never know... At least if we lose out you force that er Presti to overpay. Rough free agent options to pick from but if you wanted any upgrades on defense you can't go wrong with any of the following: Nic Claxton, Mo Bamba, Bol Bol, Tyus Jones.

Thread Information