Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said the same thing on his podcast recently. He does have some ties to the Wemby camp so he's not likely speaking out of his ass. On his pod he wasn't saying the Spurs should rush anything, but he thinks they need to be better than they are this year which I mean yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a big nothing burger.

Sure Wemby wants to win... as does everyone associated with the Spurs. But I don't believe that Wemby doesn't see the long-term benefits of this year (highest usage rate of all time for a rookie). This IS the Spurs accelerating his timeline.

Now he wants more help next year but there's nothing to complain about yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save us, Wemby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team isn't great, but it absolutely should be better than last season. If you assume the players actually should improve naturally and don't actually have any real chemistry issues (IE everyone wants to win, but doesn't understand how), that leaves the bag square in the lap of the oldest, most tired one on the team - Popovich.

I've been a Popovich supporter forever but this season is the end of that support. He's failed, and miserably. The only plausible explanation is the so called stealth tank - and that makes no sense in this draft, or with this generational talent's goals and aspirations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put some respekt on Keldon, Vassell and Sochan’s names. If we still had Primo it would be GAME OVER!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put some respekt on Keldon, Vassell and Sochan’s names. If we still had Primo it would be GAME OVER!!!
    Primo would lead the league in deflections with his peener right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunc'd On had a but where they were praising Memphis and Tyler Jenkins for their defense which is still rated very good despite having tons of injuries,10 day players and rookies. They're even good defensively with Jaren Jackson Jr off the court.

Meanwhile Spurs have continuity, lotto picks, and their defense is pure ass

Pop is done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Save us, Wemby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for starting the dedicated thread, TD 21!

As I said in the other thread, this was obvious to everyone who has listened to Wemby's words since the draft and throughout the season, let alone the visual cues. I'm encouraged that 1) he is communicating this to the Spurs and 2) at least for now it appears the Spurs are listening and know they need to make big changes this summer.

LOL @ the sniffers who tried to tell us this is what Wemby expected and is completely okay with it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has someone explained to Wemby that the 2027 Atlanta pick is only 3 years away from being 3 years away from s om?

We have to wait and develop Collins, Branham, and Champagnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Collins contract is a bummer - he was attractive on his current deal, but impacts flexibility heading into the offseason.

Graham’s deal screams that he’ll be traded to a team looking for cap relief around the draft with only a few million guaranteed.

I have a feeling Keldon will be the odd man out if they’re looking to make a splash and trade for an impact player (along with picks being sent out the door). Easy to use him to make salaries match, though Spurs will have cap space to absorb someone into and can send out a trade exception.

They’re in good shape as long as Wemby is costing as little as he does, though drafting higher in the lotto means those guys will take up more of the cap too. He’s also going to possibly draw get FAs to sign at the minimum, so need to use remaining cap space prudently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shouldn't be breaking news to the Spurs but they probably need to be bashed over the head with it to understand that Wemby has not been kidding around when he says he wants to win and win big and as soon as possible.

The pressure on Pop also has to be.. at least starting to be real?
    I don't think he can get away with coaching his way through another season like this one.
    Everyone wants to see us be better next year and Wemby is first on that list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This shouldn't be breaking news to the Spurs but they probably need to be bashed over the head with it to understand that Wemby has not been kidding around when he says he wants to win and win big and as soon as possible.

The pressure on Pop also has to be.. at least starting to be real?
    I don't think he can get away with coaching his way through another season like this one.
    Everyone wants to see us be better next year and Wemby is first on that list.
    This team seems to be regressing and/or players are at best plateauing.

That should not be acceptable and thats entirely on the coaching staff.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    front office needs to gut this team.Half these players should be gone this offseason.None of these guys have
    any connection with wemby....Every player has been a disapointment this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry Wemby. Trae is coming this summer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry Wemby. Trae is coming this summer
    the error would be to overpay for Trae to please Wemby and have no flexibility after to go after other players. But I guess that there is a pretty high chance that the Spurs will go after Trae

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but this is year one of the rebuild!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One real consideration, if the Spurs take the rebuild up to the next level, is that Devin Vassell (whether justified or not) probably believes that he is 1b on this team and it's future, when in reality on a winning team he should be like the #3 or 4 guy. Will He be able to adapt to this? IMO, better to just ship him out with the rest of the riff raff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also feel the jazz are in the same spot with their stud big man. They have a competent team and they traded two starting swings fit picks.

I'm fine for spurs to do one more tank to get a top 4 pick this draft as a future starter. But this off season must be about creating a legit team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Wemby won't be happy being surrounded by the tank team for the foreseeable future?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One real consideration, if the Spurs take the rebuild up to the next level, is that Devin Vassell (whether justified or not) probably believes that he is 1b on this team and it's future, when in reality on a winning team he should be like the #3 or 4 guy. Will He be able to adapt to this? IMO, better to just ship him out with the rest of the riff raff.
    We should fire wright first for this team he made.Then start getting rid of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. He shouldn’t be. Yes, spurs are not le contenders tomorrow but they should be doing a load better than giving charity contracts to scrubs like Collins and call it an offseason. Trae already wants to come here. Stop that “culture before talent” crap. This isn’t the Tim Duncan Spurs anymore. The front office needs to step up way more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Wemby starts complaining about the head coach soon. That's our only glimpse of hope to kick the old man out.

Thread Information