Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    season is probably over for him. He’ll get back strong next year, I hope that Wemby will kick his ass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His season is definitely over and far from a sure thing he’ll be ready at the start of next season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His season is definitely over and far from a sure thing he’ll be ready at the start of next season
    Dunno. I did something like that, back when I was younger. Hyperextended the knee backwards. Hurt like a mother er. I was done for the game right then and there, but I was up and playing again in 2 weeks, no surgery or anything like that. Admittedly, I never did jump as high as Sengun does, nor weigh as much. He may have torn something, but it's at least possible that he hasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hate to hear it about Sengun tons of respect for him

get well soon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too long, not reading any of it. Bottom line was there wasn’t really any category that David was better in. And he got dominated. David was MVP and got his chain snatched in a way no one has before or after. And you are mad 30 years later about one series.
    I like you, but coming up with that response (not reading any of it is weak, shows that you've got your head in the sand) pretty much shows you've no argument to make. I just started watching the NBA a season or two before as a young kid and I didn't know what was going on around then (I became a Spurs fan because I watch a Spurs Vs Orlando game where both Shaq and David have over 40 points each and the Spurs won the game, so I just gravitated towards the Spurs as I thought both those big men were great. May have become a Shaq fan if the Magic won. Not sure what it was, but I was amazed at how agile both those big men were. I thought they were superhero like figures back then).

Anyway, about the series, I later learned (when I learned more about basketball) what really happened in that series and understood it more. The Spurs had an inferior team, with nowhere near as many good shooters as the Rockets had. The defensive strategy was poor and Dennis Rodman unfortunately was stat padding.

How would Hakeem have done with the Spurs roster? Like Ambchang said, D-Rob had to play Hakeem one on one straight up pretty much the whole series, and with the way Hakeem was playing, that was just idiotic coaching from the Spurs' head coach. How would Hakeem have faired playing D-Rob one on one? It might have been a much, much closer series had that have happened and maybe go all 7 games, or maybe even the Spurs win it (I'd still favour the Rockets, though, due to the superior team, but D-Rob could drag some teams a long, long way in his prime). Head to head record is 30-12 in favour of D-Rob. That's a pretty big disparity. As far as I know/remember, that series is the only time the Spurs and Rockets played in the playoffs, so just because the Rockets won that one series 4-2, that does not in any way shape or form make the disparity between the two players as big as people make it out to be. I also remember a couple of those games were close (game 1 was 1 point loss and game 6 was close too. I can't remember if the Spurs were in it with a chance to win game 6 late, though, so maybe someone that remembers can remind me), so even with a much weaker team, the Spurs still were in the series.

Edit : Just saw the injury to Sengun. That really sucks . I hope he's alright. He was absolutely phenomenal in the game against the Spurs last week.
    Last edited by Ice009; 03-11-2024 at 03:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information