Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure beats the goal of a team adding "the greatest basketball prospect of all time" in hopes of breaking 20 wins
    It really doesn't, tbh. Not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really doesn't, tbh. Not even close.
    problem is the exact same team without said greatest prospect ever actually won more than 20 the year before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    problem is the exact same team without said greatest prospect ever actually won more than 20 the year before
    Dude, I know you are trying to troll and everything, but there's gotta be a limit to the stupidity.

Wemby proved to be even better than the hype. The on/off splits show that he DOES make the team significantly better. He's getting RoY and all-defense 1st team. And the Spurs are getting a top pick pick in this upcoming draft (probably two top 10 picks). With the long term picture in mind, the season couldn't have gone much better for the Spurs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I know you are trying to troll and everything, but there's gotta be a limit to the stupidity.

Wemby proved to be even better than the hype. The on/off splits show that he DOES make the team significantly better. He's getting RoY and all-defense 1st team. And the Spurs are getting a top pick pick in this upcoming draft (probably two top 10 picks). With the long term picture in mind, the season couldn't have gone much better for the Spurs, tbh.
    and still might not win 20 games with a squad that won 22 last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and still might not win 20 games with a squad that won 22 last year
    So? Better than winning 30 something games in your rookie season, get a ty pick, and be a middle of the road team for the next 7 seasons, when you were supossed to be trully contending for championships, tbh.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    So? Better than winning 30 something games in your rookie season, get a ty pick, and be a middle of the road team for the next 7 seasons, when you were supossed to be trully contending for championships, tbh.
    Except the rookie won't be a rookie in 7 seasons, and would have had the option to go elsewhere. You're saying it's better to suck than to not suck. I have to disagree. While I prefer getting a better pick, I don't think there's a player in the draft who can change the Spurs fortunes from 22 wins to 40 wins. Collective effort and trades, sure, but not rookie talent. Either way at some point you're going to have to cross that 30 game threshold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and still the supposed goat cant win 20 games with a team that won over 20 last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there's a player in the draft who can change the Spurs fortunes from 22 wins to 40 wins.
    thats what wemby is supposed to do. somehow hes on pace to subtract wins tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the rookie won't be a rookie in 7 seasons, and would have had the option to go elsewhere. You're saying it's better to suck than to not suck. I have to disagree. While I prefer getting a better pick, I don't think there's a player in the draft who can change the Spurs fortunes from 22 wins to 40 wins. Collective effort and trades, sure, but not rookie talent. Either way at some point you're going to have to cross that 30 game threshold.
    And that's exactly the point: having a better record in your rookie season consipires against you building a better team for the foreseable future.

P/S: I think my comment went right over your head, if you don't get whose situation I was referring to, tbh.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Also pretending this video doesn't exist

https://youtu.be/uVWhzNkw3Cg?si=9xkTVqQwU8erJfJp

My guy got crumpled up into a ball and thrown through the hoop like he was MJ against the Monstars
    I could also post a video of Hakeem blocking the out of Duncan if you want….Doesnt mean .

Again, Victor got his pushed in against a better big

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    thats what wemby is supposed to do. somehow hes on pace to subtract wins tho.
    No one cares.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockets would've been a top 4 seed if it wasn't for Sengun. Oh well.
    The Spurs added Victor and might actually win less games than the year before

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "What's the purpose for this year, boys? To win 35 games"
    Pop struggling to get to 20

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    And that's exactly the point: having a better record in your rookie season consipires against you building a better team for the foreseable future.

P/S: I think my comment went right over your head, if you don't get whose situation I was referring to, tbh.
    What you're saying makes more sense if you drafted Scoot Henderson, not so much if you drafted Victor Wembanyama. Once the Spurs got that 1st overall, they should have hired someone like Ime and brought in talent. Instead they are playing with house money and don't even seem to care about giving the impression of trying to win. They think 5 years to Victor is the same as 5 years to Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could also post a video of Hakeem blocking the out of Duncan if you want….Doesnt mean .

Again, Victor got his pushed in against a better big

The undersized, non-shooting, no defense playing Turk, now with a ed up knee and ankle, isn't better than anybody right now, tbh. Heck, he was replaced by a skinny ass PG that can't shoot in the SL and the team went from lottery bound to 90% winning pct. overnight.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Spurs added Victor and might actually win less games than the year before
    Would you trade Sengun for Wembanyama?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop struggling to get to 20
    Congrats on going all in the offseason only to not even make the play-in and get a ty ass round pick, bro.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The undersized, non-shooting, no defense playing Turk, now with a ed up knee and ankle, isn't better than anybody right now, tbh. Heck, he was replaced by a skinny ass PG that can't shoot in the SL and the team went from lottery bound to 90% winning pct. overnight.
    Sengun was part of that streak. He was in the 1st win of 11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you're saying makes more sense if you drafted Scoot Henderson, not so much if you drafted Victor Wembanyama. Once the Spurs got that 1st overall, they should have hired someone like Ime and brought in talent. Instead they are playing with house money and don't even seem to care about giving the impression of trying to win. They think 5 years to Victor is the same as 5 years to Pop.
    And accomplish what, be nowhere near true contention by year 7 of Wemby like the Mavs are doing with Luka?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Would you trade Sengun for Wembanyama?
    No. And it’s more about risk of chronic injury due to his size.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Congrats on going all in the offseason only to not even make the play-in and get a ty ass round pick, bro.
    Rockets will get the Net’s pick, which will be in the top 10 btw. Lmao

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I don't believe you. But Sengun is a solid player.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I don't believe you. But Sengun is a solid player.
    Come on bruh. I use Yao as the example, he was playing year round however. Wemby has been on a minute restriction a lot of the season due to his size, at 19. And if you look at history, not many guys that tall have had long careers. That’s a concern when it comes time for him to play 35 plus minutes a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets will get the Net’s pick, which will be in the top 10 btw. Lmao
    Better to have a top 3 pick and another top 10 one, like the Spurs will probably have, tbh.

You are excited for a future of mediocrity, that's fine, bro. I understand that, as a Rockets fan, you have lower standards than us Spurs fans. It's cool. Good for you, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really wanna pull the injury card now?

Thread Information