Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do ya'll think of the current future center rotation? The Rockets game made me think of this. We have Zollins on the books for a few years at a decent price (overpriced?). If we get Trae and if we don't give up our own '24 pick, and if the big frenchman is available, should the Spurs go for Sarr? If no Trae, obviously we get the need for a PG in the draft, and that's a no-brainer IMO, but I think we should consider Sarr if Trae comes over.

A twin towers would alleviate the pressure for Wemby to guard strong bigs and our D would be much better IMO. Collins can stay as a backup center. Plus we know Pop will fiddle with lineups to give Zollins decent playing time based on his contract. Eventually, we'll probably get rid of him I'm sure, though.

Anyway, I think Sarr could be a great get if Spurs keep their own '24 and they get Trae.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t like. There are questions about his verticality, he doesn’t handle or shoot the ball well, and he’s playing in a meh league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs get Trae and manage to pick high enough for Sarr, yeah 100% no-brainer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kind of reminds me of kevin garnett...But not sure he fits with wemby not being able to knock down shots constiently tho.
    But we do need another big for sure.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I'd draft Sarr regardless if they get Trae or not.

Spurs can draft a pg with the Toronto pick if they get it, if not then they'll have to trade for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course I'd draft Sarr regardless if they get Trae or not.

Spurs can draft a pg with the Toronto pick if they get it, if not then they'll have to trade for one.
    If no Trae, you'd draft Sarr over a Topic or a Collier?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big fan. Don't like his stroke, feels like a fake shooter like Zollins. Turns too many should be dunks into layups because he doesn't really get up that high from the play collections I've seen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One should be available at the Toronto pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do ya'll think of the current future center rotation? The Rockets game made me think of this. We have Zollins on the books for a few years at a decent price (overpriced?). If we get Trae and if we don't give up our own '24 pick, and if the big frenchman is available, should the Spurs go for Sarr? If no Trae, obviously we get the need for a PG in the draft, and that's a no-brainer IMO, but I think we should consider Sarr if Trae comes over.

A twin towers would alleviate the pressure for Wemby to guard strong bigs and our D would be much better IMO. Collins can stay as a backup center. Plus we know Pop will fiddle with lineups to give Zollins decent playing time based on his contract. Eventually, we'll probably get rid of him I'm sure, though.

Anyway, I think Sarr could be a great get if Spurs keep their own '24 and they get Trae.
    I think Sarr goes #2 or #3 in this draft depending on who picks where. I'm also not as down on his shooting as most here. His form looks good, but he's sooo raw. I'd much rather use my first pick elsewhere. If for some reason he falls to our Toronto pick, then you probably have to take him on value alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you get trae, you can bet vw will leave asap.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, you can probably get either of those guys with the Toronto pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big fan. Don't like his stroke, feels like a fake shooter like Zollins. Turns too many should be dunks into layups because he doesn't really get up that high from the play collections I've seen
    He's not a shooter although probaly just as good as Sochan as a shooter. But far better than Sochan in other areas.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sarr goes #2 or #3 in this draft depending on who picks where. I'm also not as down on his shooting as most here. His form looks good, but he's sooo raw. I'd much rather use my first pick elsewhere. If for some reason he falls to our Toronto pick, then you probably have to take him on value alone.
    Sarr will go 1st. So the spurs will probably not even have a chance to draft him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea I agree. Its not a loaded draft, but I just don't think he'll fall that low, and I don't see another position, other than a 3&D, Spurs would go for if they got Trae, other than a big like Sarr.

if you get trae, you can bet vw will leave asap.
    Why do you think that?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have passed on David Robinson at 18 because Sarr is better and bigger than David Robinson at 18.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wanting an meh athletic center over guys like Cody Williams and Risacher, which play positions of need, would be one of a boner idea.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not a shooter although probaly just as good as Sochan as a shooter. But far better than Sochan in other areas.
    If he's as bad as Sochnn that would be a nightmare, Wemby has no room with these bum shooters.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's as bad as Sochnn that would be a nightmare, Wemby has no room with these bum shooters.
    Get your shooting from other positions.

You can't teach athletic 7 footers who can do everyhting well except shoot on the perimeter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As do ented elsewhere, Houston benefited from the lack of Spurs 3pt shooting/spacing which let them sag back into the paint to limit Wemby (That and Wemby being injured and their fouling).

Upgrading Champaign with Risacher, and Jones with a vet that can shoot will help more than drafting a center, I think. Hopefully Sochan can continue to develop too

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t get what Sarr brings. The idea that a player who can’t shoot, dribble or pass would be worth picking at the top of the 1st round resides in the Duren comparison.

But as I understand he’s nowhere near the athlete Duren is.

If they want that why not just go get Drummond for pennies on the dollar.

I haven’t seen enough of Sarr to see why he should be a top 3 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get your shooting from other positions.

You can't teach athletic 7 footers who can do everyhting well except shoot on the perimeter.
    I guess I don't agree that he does everything else well. I don't like what I see in his vertical spacing, not really some powerful rim runner. Not really a rebounder but he's young so that's a fair excuse.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As do ented elsewhere, Houston benefited from the lack of Spurs 3pt shooting/spacing which let them sag back into the paint to limit Wemby (That and Wemby being injured and their fouling).

Upgrading Champaign with Risacher, and Jones with a vet that can shoot will help more than drafting a center, I think. Hopefully Sochan can continue to develop too
    Easier to find shooting, hard to find athletic 7 ' athletes who project to do many things well.

If you have a chance to draft one you do it. The Spurs didn't pass on teaming Duncan and Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have passed on David Robinson at 18 because Sarr is better and bigger than David Robinson at 18.
    Interesting take.... Sarr is number two on most boards now. Ive had him #2 since rhe beginning. I get it that you like him and all, but i think you're badly over-rating him. And no i wouldn't have passed on Robinson.. there's no comparison..

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting take.... Sarr is number two on most boards now. Ive had him #2 since rhe beginning. I get it that you like him and all, but i think you're badly over-rating him. And no i wouldn't have passed on Robinson.. there's no comparison..
    At 18 you would have passed on Robinson because he wasn't even 7' at 18.

Thread Information