Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I am comfortable with ambiguity. People that think it is meaningful in and of itself are dumb.
    ESPN started the narrative to the point where the media in San Antonio is beginning to write articles about the subject. You need to face that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN started the narrative to the point where the media in San Antonio is beginning to write articles about the subject. You need to face that.
    I don't dispute that. Anything else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you prescribe to conspiratorial thinking and knew the content of the OP was . Not surprised but thanks.
    No clue what you said here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No clue what you said here.
    Well you said there is no evidence of something happening but insisted it was possible and that was the conspira part.

You then went on point out that you knew the content of the OP was with your explanation about ESPN and how they make up.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perkins: wemby is incroyable
    Verde: pop is a genius at developing players
    Ramona: how patient can wemby be bc he seems all about winning. Maybe spurs will speed up the process to 1-2 years instead of 2-3
    Perkins: spurs should be looking to put better players around wemby sooner than they thought bc wemby is so good already
    Verde: wemby will embrace patience with tutelage from Parker, drop, etc
    Ramona: if anyone can pressure pop to make the spurs speed up their plan, its wemby
    Yeah, it wasn't as bad as advertised, but let's hope ESPN plays nice with us the next few years while Wemby is under his rookie contract. You cannot put it past them to stir the pot to TRY to get him outta San Antonio.

In every single sport, it matters not to ESPN that a town is a small market, in media and otherwise (see: Duke in College BBall, Alabama in College Football, Green Bay in NFL, New Orleans Saints in NFL etc, etc.) but all of a sudden, when they get to the NBA, it magically matters to them. Don't be fooled, ESPN does not like the Spurs.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 03-10-2024 at 09:31 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you said there is no evidence of something happening but insisted it was possible and that was the conspira part.

You then went on point out that you knew the content of the OP was with your explanation about ESPN and how they make up.
    I am OP. I didn't insist anything. Just because something's never happened before doesn't mean it can never happen. If you read my post, you would understand whose side I'm on, and it's definitely not ESPN (hence the Shelburne and Perkins jokes).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am OP. I didn't insist anything. Just because something's never happened before doesn't mean it can never happen. If you read my post, you would understand whose side I'm on, and it's definitely not ESPN (hence the Shelburne and Perkins jokes).
    and then there is the thread le and post. I get the whole plausible deniability thing your asserting for some reason but at the end of the day it is still incredibly stupid. you cannot really deny it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then there is the thread le and post. I get the whole plausible deniability thing your asserting for some reason but at the end of the day it is still incredibly stupid. you cannot really deny it.
    Ahh troll account gotcha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh troll account gotcha.
    maybe but your response to my 6-8 year timeline was to say that although it had never happened in history it still could happen.

that is quite literally conspira reasoning.

de facto that is incredibly stupid to me.

if that makes me a troll then, oh well. that leaves you. . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just can't understand how can you guys follow ESPN?
    They're sport equivalent of Fox News, more or less.

It's been like a decade since I watched any EPSN content that's not the game itself.
    You can add CNN and MSNBC to that news trash heap if you want to be real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe but your response to my 6-8 year timeline was to say that although it had never happened in history it still could happen.

that is quite literally conspira reasoning.

de facto that is incredibly stupid to me.

if that makes me a troll then, oh well. that leaves you. . . .
    Actually it’s logical reasoning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it’s logical reasoning.
    not in the sense that it leads to any conclusion it doesn't. In a sample size of history you have zero of these events so lets consider this event. It doesn't make any sense at all. It is just a backdoor so you can wishcast whatever you like because no one can prove a negative.

It is quite literally the opposite of Occam's razor.

It is all kinds of stupid. If you want to think it is valid I cannot stop you but I will say it is stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not in the sense that it leads to any conclusion it doesn't. In a sample size of history you have zero of these events so lets consider this event. It doesn't make any sense at all. It is just a backdoor so you can wishcast whatever you like because no one can prove a negative.

It is quite literally the opposite of Occam's razor.

It is all kinds of stupid. If you want to think it is valid I cannot stop you but I will say it is stupid.
    Jesus dude now I feel bad for arguing with an ESL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus dude now I feel bad for arguing with an ESL.
    Who is to say I am not ESL? Casual racism now. What other pleasures do you have for us?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said this in the ROY thread when he first got here. Wemby has already stated that he wants to win now,,,,I dont know why my fellow Spurs fans dont get that. They seem to think he has a love connection with San Antonio already when he's only been here less than 6 months. Dude is a global icon and he doesnt want his brand marred by sitting on a subpar team. End of story. If the Spurs dont improve drastically by next year, he's gonna make waves like the Spurs organization has never seen even if he is under contract and the sports media will be right there to carry his water for him and say how bad San Antonio has done to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already said this in the ROY thread when he first got here. Wemby has already stated that he wants to win now,,,,I dont know why my fellow Spurs fans dont get that. They seem to think he has a love connection with San Antonio already when he's only been here less than 6 months. Dude is a global icon and he doesnt want his brand marred by sitting on a subpar team. End of story. If the Spurs dont improve drastically by next year, he's gonna make waves like the Spurs organization has never seen even if he is under contract and the sports media will be right there to carry his water for him and say how bad San Antonio has done to him.
    Now we’re talking. No one know what he thinks but he’s ALREADY BEING CALLED THE FUTURE (very near future) FACE OF THE NBA. Timmy is gone. There’s no one like him and likely never will be, and even he might’ve left for Orlando. The reality is that he’s already a global megastar. This team needs to be good way sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is to say I am not ESL? Casual racism now. What other pleasures do you have for us?
    Do your research. There’s no such thing as race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean to say you've never heard his back story of loving Spurs for years due to their foreign connections and wanting to be drafted by no one but them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see you remembered. I believe that was the discussion about haplogroups no? i remember DMC getting extremely angry when I explained the stupidity of his warrior gene for black crime argument using that exact same argument.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean to say you've never heard his back story of loving Spurs for years due to their foreign connections and wanting to be drafted by no one but them
    That’s mainly bc of Pop’s presence and aura.

But 2 things…

1st there’s the perception and the actual knowledge of the situation that is way diff than the Big3 era.

2nd PATFO was on the time clock for Timmy, why wouldn’t they be as well for Victor?

they managed to build on the fly without any top picks for decades so no excuse now with countless valuable picks today…

the idea isn’t to rush but not act like you have 4-5years to be a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I find so interesting is that conversation was a decade ago and you have been holding on to it for so long. I know the whole rent free concept is important to you and all I can say is

Let's relive it shall we?

So you were peddling the idea that black people are more prone to violence because of a so called 'warrior gene.' You even had this article that you thought explained it.

Prima facie, I pointed out that the gene was not bound by race and it should have never been expected because race was irrelevant to genetics.

It was at that point I explained to you how the current racial paradigm in the US is mostly as it is because of white people line breed (read: inbreeding) for a white skin phenotype. that upset you so I had to explain further.

See you were breaking the world down into skin color and making suppositions off that. straight dumb. genetics operates in isolated populations known as haplogroups. there are several in the US for example. while skin color in texas and south africa are the same, the genetic makeups of the populations are distinct is the take away here. thinking that you can equate two from those distinct populations on phenotype like skin color was monumentally ignorant.

So I did my usual "why would someone do that" with this whole thing and all I can say is I mean you stopped arguing on merit, fragmented hard, and are always angry but telling people you are not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I find so interesting is that conversation was a decade ago and you have been holding on to it for so long. I know the whole rent free concept is important to you and all I can say is

Let's relive it shall we?

So you were peddling the idea that black people are more prone to violence because of a so called 'warrior gene.' You even had this article that you thought explained it.

Prima facie, I pointed out that the gene was not bound by race and it should have never been expected because race was irrelevant to genetics.

It was at that point I explained to you how the current racial paradigm in the US is mostly as it is because of white people line breed (read: inbreeding) for a white skin phenotype. that upset you so I had to explain further.

See you were breaking the world down into skin color and making suppositions off that. straight dumb. genetics operates in isolated populations known as haplogroups. there are several in the US for example. while skin color in texas and south africa are the same, the genetic makeups of the populations are distinct is the take away here. thinking that you can equate two from those distinct populations on phenotype like skin color was monumentally ignorant.

So I did my usual "why would someone do that" with this whole thing and all I can say is I mean you stopped arguing on merit, fragmented hard, and are always angry but telling people you are not.
    Buddy I wasn't involved in any of these discussion LMAO. I don't base my thoughts on this subject off of a forum, unlike you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buddy I wasn't involved in any of these discussion LMAO. I don't base my thoughts on this subject off of a forum, unlike you.
    okay "race doesn't exist, do your research" came from nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s mainly bc of Pop’s presence and aura.

But 2 things…

1st there’s the perception and the actual knowledge of the situation that is way diff than the Big3 era.

2nd PATFO was on the time clock for Timmy, why wouldn’t they be as well for Victor?

they managed to build on the fly without any top picks for decades so no excuse now with countless valuable picks today…

the idea isn’t to rush but not act like you have 4-5years to be a contender.
    They didn’t build anything for 99. Tim plugged seamlessly not a WCF team. As for the rebuild for 2003, they drafted two HOF players at 29 and 57. That’s why they didn’t need high draft picks. Are you really banking on that happening again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    okay "race doesn't exist, do your research" came from nowhere.
    It didn't come from a Spurs forum that's for sure.

Thread Information