My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. Agree with the grades. It’s also worth noting the 39 assists and 12 TO’s. They protected except the costly 2 at the end which decided the game. They stepped up, trusted each other and thus the great result against one of the better teams. I also think the ball moved well, and it’s worth noting without Wemby. The Spurs cannot stop playing like this with Wemby around. They need to continue trusting each other especially with Wemby around. Again it takes time to adjust and what Pop has been emphasizing, learning to play with each other.

Branham can get easily lost when he doesn’t have the ball. Pop’s favorite word to use, nonchallant. I think that’s the reasoning giving the ball more to Branham, and he responded. But Branham needs to learn to continue playing without the ball. I mentioned before Rip Hamilton. He could learn a lot watching his film, the way he constantly moved and get open. I hope he continous being aggressive, even without Pop poking him.

I continue to like Wesley’s progress. His defense is stellar, and he’s rewarded with steal and open dunk. He’s also starting to trust his offensive game. I like him to start shooting mid-range off dribble penetration instead of kicking it. I think Wesley has a bright future.

Collins stepped up. I was disappointed with his early foul and I thought it will be another bad game for him, but he did not give up and he continued to play hard. And that’s Collins. He’s a tough kid and doesn’t easily quit. He mentioned before, he only has one gear and that’s being aggressive. It’s good to see him playing well.

Vassell, Keldon didn’t disappoint. They carried the team as they should. Barlow I thought played well enough especially after Collins picked up two early fouls. I would love for Pop to give him more minutes the rest of the season. Great stuff. Disappointing loss, but helps with the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's response when the reporter asked him why he didn't take a time out before the posession where Branham turned the ball over: "I don't know what you're talking about"

I'm glad he holds himself accountable like he does his players. What a in egomaniac.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks timvp! Too much of the blame for the loss went on Malaki when as you said, 'without him we are not in the game.' Overall a pretty good outing for an L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's response when the reporter asked him why he didn't take a time out before the posession where Branham turned the ball over: "I don't know what you're talking about"

I'm glad he holds himself accountable like he does his players. What a in egomaniac.

him not feeling accountable to reporters makes him an egomaniac.

Of course that same brain s on those same reporters.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The question was asked in a really stupid way, "walk us through.." like they have never seen a Pop interview. You either have a question or you don't. Why not have the balls to say "why did you decide to play Branham late game vs a more seasoned point guard in Tre Jones and do you think that last turnover was beneficial to the development of Branham?" You wouldn't have gotten an answer but anyone listening would have known Pop understood the question.

I feel like Pop wants the focus to be on his decisions, not on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question was asked in a really stupid way, "walk us through.." like they have never seen a Pop interview. You either have a question or you don't. Why not have the balls to say "why did you decide to play Branham late game vs a more seasoned point guard in Tre Jones and do you think that last turnover was beneficial to the development of Branham?" You wouldn't have gotten an answer but anyone listening would have known Pop understood the question.

I feel like Pop wants the focus to be on his decisions, not on the team.
    I feel like there is no compe ive good for the Spurs having their HC explain their decision making, process, and method, and Pop understands this. He has always on every question that does not ask him to praise someone whose head he is not trying to keep in check.

It's the same thing when he refuses to on his players and some en led, vainglorious mouthbreather takes offense for 'sake of the fans.'

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I feel like there is no compe ive good for the Spurs having their HC explain their decision making, process, and method, and Pop understands this. He has always on every question that does not ask him to praise someone whose head he is not trying to keep in check.

It's the same thing when he refuses to on his players and some en led, vainglorious mouthbreather takes offense for 'sake of the fans.'
    Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    him not feeling accountable to reporters makes him an egomaniac.

Of course that same brain s on those same reporters.
    telling the fans to stop booing cause "that's not who we are" certainly does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    telling the fans to stop booing cause "that's not who we are" certainly does
    yeah how dare he speak on poor behavior.

Thread Information