Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I've heard people in the past say that Sean Elliott is big time biased which shows they don't even watch or actually pay attention to S.E., he's constantly giving props to the other team's players, etc.
    This has never made sense to me. Sean is biased and obviously pro-Spurs but isn't every home team announcing duo in the league? He's not biased against facts which is the key difference, and calls the Spurs out when they deserve it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I've heard people in the past say that Sean Elliott is big time biased which shows they don't even watch or actually pay attention to S.E., he's constantly giving props to the other team's players, etc.
    When people complain about Sean it’s an immediate tell that they are casuals. As an analyst he’s not great but the broadcasts are entertaining, he inserts himself just the right amount and he’s the perfect amount of homer for a local broadcast. If I had to have Doris Burke or JJ Re in my living room for 2 hours three nights a week I’d put my tv through the drywall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the GSW commentators are so up their own asses, this might be the worst I’ve ever seen. Every call gets argued with. Every spurs shot that goes in gets an eye roll.

I mean I know GSW as an org are kinda fart huffers anyways, but is nobody involved in this production embarrassed by this?
    Probably the worst announcing team in the NBA. Unwatchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game ball goes to Dom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champ has turned back into last March's Champ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has never made sense to me. Sean is biased and obviously pro-Spurs but isn't every home team announcing duo in the league? He's not biased against facts which is the key difference, and calls the Spurs out when they deserve it.
    Yeah exactly, there's an element of bias to these local brodcasts, and that's to be expected of any team in the NBA really, but yeah, he always critiques the Spurs accordingly and compliments the other team as well when warranted.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When people complain about Sean it’s an immediate tell that they are casuals. As an analyst he’s not great but the broadcasts are entertaining, he inserts himself just the right amount and he’s the perfect amount of homer for a local broadcast. If I had to have Doris Burke or JJ Re in my living room for 2 hours three nights a week I’d put my tv through the drywall
    Agreed. He does a good job, and imo he's actually pretty solid as an analyst.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graham getting the big man the ball, why was this guy riding the bench so much, i mean we know why, pops pet projects come first, but still.
    I wanted Graham to get playing time in the preseason. I was wondering what is going on when he got none. I thought he'd get some during the regular season and I was wondering what is going on. I found it very weird that Sochan started the regular season. I thought WTF, he must be really, really bad to not get any kind of shot/playing time. It's ed up if Pop did it on purpose. I know we have more important things to focus on (getting a better draft pick if that is the strategy), but it's also may have messed with Graham's career. He could have made himself a lot more money if he got playing time to show what he can do. He might have also had a lot more trade value at the deadline if he got more playing time. No idea if the Spurs just didn't want to risk winning by playing him more. He can actually shoot the ball which would have opened things up more for Victor and other players, so that would have helped during that massive losing streak.

Awesome performance from Barlow btw. Great stuff from Dom. How long is he signed for? Is it just the rest of this season?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Champ has turned back into last March's Champ.
    That's a guy to keep around if he can keep it up in April and May...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were also down Devin, who always seems to gets lost in the shuffle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Graham to get playing time in the preseason. I was wondering what is going on when he got none. I thought he'd get some during the regular season and I was wondering what is going on. I found it very weird that Sochan started the regular season. I thought WTF, he must be really, really bad to not get any kind of shot/playing time. It's ed up if Pop did it on purpose. I know we have more important things to focus on (getting a better draft pick if that is the strategy), but it's also may have messed with Graham's career. He could have made himself a lot more money if he got playing time to show what he can do. He might have also had a lot more trade value at the deadline if he got more playing time. No idea if the Spurs just didn't want to risk winning by playing him more. He can actually shoot the ball which would have opened things up more for Victor and other players, so that would have helped during that massive losing streak.

Awesome performance from Barlow btw. Great stuff from Dom. How long is he signed for? Is it just the rest of this season?
    I think I read it was just until the end of the season, but that Spurs retain RFA right on him? In other words, the right to match any offer he gets. Can some confirm that’s right?

Honestly, if he ends up getting the equivalent to a late FRP’s salary, his is an interesting case study on how betting on yourself can go right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these are the types of games they used to win when they were very good. just out execute the compe ion. Warriors are clearly demoralized but as ty as the team has been things are looking up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this also speaks to the whole spurs peak after march thing. maybe pop doesn't suck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this also speaks to the whole spurs peak after march thing. maybe pop doesn't suck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors announcers said Spurs lead league in 3 pointers??? When did this happen? How did it happen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF is happening to this team? We‘re 2nd in 3-point shooting since the ASB and are beating the Dubs on the road without Wemby and Devin?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Homer announcers are always annoying for the opposition's fans. It still beats listening to Reggie Miller and Doris Burke.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We beat the Dubs in their own game- 3 point shooting! Malaki seemed to have found his groove from long distance. Even Zach Collins has been nailing 3 pointers on a regular basis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We beat the Dubs in their own game- 3 point shooting! Malaki seemed to have found his groove from long distance. Even Zach Collins has been nailing 3 pointers on a regular basis
    Over the last month Wemby has the 3rd highest 3pt fg % in the league on pretty high volume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Sean is definitely biased towards the Spurs, but that's what you should expect out of the Spurs color man. He's great.

Of the opposing announcing teams I've listened to, I think Sacramento's is one of the best in terms of being fairly even handed and complementary of the other team.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the sactown announcers are very good

love sean like a golden coral buffet

also can we cool it with the anti-burketic remarks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stbthe beginning of the season I thought that if we were going to win as many games as possible Devonte Graham was the obvious choice at point guard. If we were going to experiment and eventually tanking or stealth ranking for some picks (in this case having a worse record than Toronto was in order) they would have gone with the Sochan playmaking ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud of the boys, especially Wesley! He played absolutely fantastic, pushed at every possible moment and good D as always. Wouldn't it be nice if this was 30 games into the season rather than 60? Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors announcers said Spurs lead league in 3 pointers??? When did this happen? How did it happen?
    Spurs have the best 3PT% since the All-Star break, after being last in the league before ASB.

We are still 27th overall, currently.
    Last edited by Dex; 03-10-2024 at 10:35 AM.

Thread Information