Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resurgence? would that be the correct word for a team that never surged to begin with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Resurgence" for a team that has gone 3-8? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    resurgence? would that be the correct word for a team that never surged to begin with?
    In one sense you're right, but in another sense . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense that fans get attached to current players, but history usually shows that when a generational talent gets drafted by a bad team, that guy goes on to win his first championship with a team that has very few and often zero players from his rookie year.
    Well, given the average rate of team turnover and tee time period from rookie years to win championships I am not sure you have presented a unique situation.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a surgence then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nitpicking word choice. nice.

Spurs have 9 games and a 3-6 record since the ASB so counselor crayola combines pettiness with lo info. Speaks to a general ignorance towards statistical biasing he has a penchant for.

Of course improvement is based on past performance and not on an arbitrary ideal and it remains a marked improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 3-6 resurgence
    lol general ignorance
    lol ESL low information poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol 3-6 resurgence
    lol general ignorance
    lol ESL low information poster
    you seem to be coming out the ears in your need to get back at me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, lol even smaller sample size for the "resurgence"
    and, lol ESL speaker not learning what the prefix "re" means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, lol even smaller sample size for the "resurgence"
    and, lol ESL speaker not learning what the prefix "re" means
    since the ASB is hard I know. and doubling down on the word choice. you are fit to be tied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you seem to be coming out the ears in your need to get back at me.
    https://www.udemy.com/course/14-day-...luency-course/

They have 4.7 stars on google. Worth checking out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.udemy.com/course/14-day-...luency-course/

They have 4.7 stars on google. Worth checking out
    you are now insisting on the word choice. I love the grandstanding, crayola.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    since the ASB is hard I know. And doubling down on the word choice. you are fit to be tied.
    I know it's hard learning a new language, but in English we capitalize the first letter after a period. See above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's hard learning a new language, but in English we capitalize the first letter after a period. See above.
    now grammar smack. Feeling inferior?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say. Part of it is that Spurs follow a pattern of sucking at the start of the year and then getting better over the course of the season with SPAM. Part of it is probably that Spurs have been so bad this year that teams aren't taking them seriously anymore, even though their point differential has been like -3 since the end of point Sochan (-10 last year). The usual suspect reasons, like playing tanking teams or playing teams resting players have been less applicable lately but are also going to play a larger role in the coming weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resurgence ? You mean going 3-6 instead of 0-9 or 1 -8. If it helps you sleep better, yeah that's resurgence. Actually someone in the front office has probably said that they can play rather than keep tanking so long as they don't get better than the 4th overall worst record. We won't catch Memphis or Portland and the wizards and pistons are tanking worse than us. Charlotte got the same message so they're playing slightly better as well. Lots of the same tanking teams as last year chasing those ping pong balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resurgence ? You mean going 3-6 instead of 0-9 or 1 -8. If it helps you sleep better, yeah that's resurgence. Actually someone in the front office has probably said that they can play rather than keep tanking so long as they don't get better than the 4th overall worst record. We won't catch Memphis or Portland and the wizards and pistons are tanking worse than us. Charlotte got the same message so they're playing slightly better as well. Lots of the same tanking teams as last year chasing those ping pong balls.
    I was thinking about the improved rotations, better passing and execution out of sets, and overall. Winning on the road without Wemby reminds me of the days when we were really good as that is exactly the type of thing those teams were known for.

I am also fine with a 3rd place record and I think adding talent to the roster is more important than marginal changes in record.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Golden State Play by Play guys were bragging on their young big (#32 Jackson-Davis) last night and he looked good, but I like Barlow better. He seems like a more skilled player overall and the Golden State player is already 24 years old.

Does anyone think Golden State will fall off a cliff in the next year or two? They've had a good ten year run, but it looks like that it's closing soon with age and injury.
    They're stuck right now. They just paid Draymond, Steph is old, Klay is washed. They don't have the assets to retool around Steph so it's highly likely they either Trade steph for whatever they can get and rebuild. Either way, not a great future for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    jjspur with the truth atomics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team got exponentially better after Pop decided it was worth having an actual point guard bring the ball up the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3-7 resurgence. Ride the wave guys.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    14 wins, outside wemby it's mostly bench players and guys that belong in the G-league. Doesn't matter if they get better they'll never be good enough.
    Joker was a 2nd round pick. You'll never find those diamonds if you expect them to be faceted in the mine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides Wemby. There are no “Jokić” to be found on this current roster. The minute that dude hit an NBA court it was obvious what he was. We just did know if he would ever lose the weight and get his conditioning right.

He finished 3rd in ROTY voting. His second year he was 2nd in MIP voting.

If a guys got it you know pretty quickly. Are there exceptions sure. But some of you are lying to yourselves about the so called development of some of these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who finished 1st and 2nd in RoTY that year and 1st in MIP the next? What happened to those players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RESURGENCE

Thread Information