Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shooting, defense, passing, and just overall consistency seem to have really turned a corner these past few weeks.

Anyone having changed opinions since about players prospects or draft needs/priorities?

For example does the improvement in Jones, Branham, and Wesley make a difference at PG or SF?
    Or do you think the roster is not as bad as thought and we would be more justified in packaging some of our assets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always was wait-and-see with Branham especially, but also Wesley. Pounding the ing rock. There's been a ton of work being done constantly and now we're seeing some of the results. Very happy with where these very young players are going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always was wait-and-see with Branham especially, but also Wesley. Pounding the ing rock. There's been a ton of work being done constantly and now we're seeing some of the results. Very happy with where these very young players are going.
    That is fair. I am much more bull on the team's floor than I was before. I really think Wesley in particular has a shot to be very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd in the league in 3-point shooting since the ASB. Top 10 defense with Wemby on the floor. Looks like we finally got something to work with.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This says best 3 point shooting team since ASB.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample size theater. Anyone making front office decisions based on a few weeks and ignoring the rest of the season should be fired. This team still only has two starter-level players on the roster (maybe Sochan will make it three), so improvements can be made at nearly every position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone but Vassell and Wemby continue to be expendable, imho.

Branham has proven he's a bench-level player in the NBA, I'd say. Wesley needs work, but last night was a BIG step forward. He looked truly NBA-level as well (vs GS) - though I'd caution the sample size, obviously (for Branham as well, though less so).

Tre Jones has been NBA level for quite some time. He's just not a starter on a le team -- disappears too easily. In a playoff series, opponents will just sag off of him (except in corner three's, maybe) and our whole offense will be blown.

He'd be great coming off the bench, but then what about Wesley and possibly Branham? There are still decisions that need to be made at the point. None of these guys are starters on a le team -- and likely, borderline contributors at best. Branham is a little less impacted as he can get quality minutes at SG, and we don't have much going on there right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample size theater. Anyone making front office decisions based on a few weeks and ignoring the rest of the season should be fired. This team still only has two starter-level players on the roster (maybe Sochan will make it three), so improvements can be made at nearly every position.
    Undeniably small sample size. When it comes to the shooting, I agree with you 100%. Too many of the guys shooting well have streaky pasts.

Sochan, Branham, Wesley, and Barlow have uncertain ceilings. I also believe they have raised their floors. I don't think they are going to unlearn rotations on defense or the ball movements out of particular sets on offense.

Making comments about timelines is kind of moot because the club is not going to be able to act until the season is over. Regression is certainly possible but there is history that supports progression at this point of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 wins, outside wemby it's mostly bench players and guys that belong in the G-league. Doesn't matter if they get better they'll never be good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 wins, outside wemby it's mostly bench players and guys that belong in the G-league. Doesn't matter if they get better they'll never be good enough.
    that's the spirit. we'll always suck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the spirit. we'll always suck!
    Ok sell me on this team having a winning record with the current squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok sell me on this team having a winning record with the current squad.
    why would I bother?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other teams are injured or tired,Not taking this run serious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you know they can't get to a winning record?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because you know they can't get to a winning record?
    Trying real hard to lead me down a stupid line. Not interested. Would be nice if you had anything else on offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sifting through the hackers and non-hackers is needed. What about Dom Barlow? He looks like a rotation player right now to me.

How many 20 YO players does SA have right now? 4 or 5? Some of these young guys outside of Wemby and Vassell will stick around and be a part of much better squad down the road. Not all of them - not enough roster spots.

IMO, the FO will poach a couple of experienced guys in Free Agency to supplement the top ten and the upcoming draft choices will fill out the future ten man rotation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sifting through the hackers and non-hackers is needed. What about Dom Barlow? He looks like a rotation player right now to me.

How many 20 YO players does SA have right now? 4 or 5? Some of these young guys outside of Wemby and Vassell will stick around and be a part of much better squad down the road. Not all of them - not enough roster spots.

IMO, the FO will poach a couple of experienced guys in Free Agency to supplement the top ten and the upcoming draft choices will fill out the future ten man rotation.
    barlow been deserving of playing time but pop has refused to play him in favor of collins.He only got to play yesterday
    cause few guys sat out yesterday.Hopefully pop gives him min from here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Golden State Play by Play guys were bragging on their young big (#32 Jackson-Davis) last night and he looked good, but I like Barlow better. He seems like a more skilled player overall and the Golden State player is already 24 years old.

Does anyone think Golden State will fall off a cliff in the next year or two? They've had a good ten year run, but it looks like that it's closing soon with age and injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless, lots of decisions moving forward, regardless if they swing a big deal for eg Trae or not. Potentially 2 more rookies coming in, plus maybe even a second rounder. While still developing Sidy, Wesley, Branham.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs lineup of Wemby-Sochan-Keldon-Vassell-Tre has a net rating of +20 over 107 minutes and 32 games. 4th highest for lineups with over 100 minutes and 15 games played.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/ad...ort=NET_RATING

Pretty funny tbh.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not writing anyone off under the age of 25. But yeah for this team to be a contender theyll cycle off 75pct+ of the roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel like Sochan, Barlow, and Wesley have the chops to handle playing NBA defense. It's going to be fun to watch and see if and how much of an offensive game they can develop. The latter two are incredibly raw. Hopefully they have the drive to work like Wemby and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Golden State Play by Play guys were bragging on their young big (#32 Jackson-Davis) last night and he looked good, but I like Barlow better. He seems like a more skilled player overall and the Golden State player is already 24 years old.

Does anyone think Golden State will fall off a cliff in the next year or two? They've had a good ten year run, but it looks like that it's closing soon with age and injury.
    One of the hazards of drafting older players. Curry and Klay both had marvelous careers after being drafted at 21, but their team run is over after 10 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a PG that is not undersized, shoots 40% from three and can play pick and roll with Victor, throw accurate lob passes. Neither of our guys have that ceiling tbh ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense that fans get attached to current players, but history usually shows that when a generational talent gets drafted by a bad team, that guy goes on to win his first championship with a team that has very few and often zero players from his rookie year.

Thread Information