Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae, no matter what it takes. Everyone and everything on the table aside from Vic. Draft class is terrible. Only like 3 of the top 15 prospects can shoot. Trade the pick(s) if that’s what it takes to get Trae.

Our franchise player is 20 years old and getting triple teamed because at any point he’s on the court, there’s 2 non shooting threats in with him at all times. It’s either Jones and Sochan or Barlow and Wesley. Get shooters in free agency. Not only would it help Wemby face more single coverage, but Trae would as well. Would easily average 13 assists a game.
    Eh Trae is a midget they can play off him a little and still contest the shot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that 3 million gotta go to a veteran or decent role player.
    Only ring-chasing vets sign for that kind of money. Spurs have no shot of getting someone better than Champagnie at $3 million a year and they have a team option at that price for the next two seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only ring-chasing vets sign for that kind of money. Spurs have no shot of getting someone better than Champagnie at $3 million a year and they have a team option at that price for the next two seasons.
    technically he's non-guaranteed these next two seasons and 3rd year is a team option, but you're right under no cir stance do they not guarantee him next season unless his leg falls off or he goes blind or Raymond gelds him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If, as speculated/reported Barlow is an RFA again after this season per his request, then I wonder if he eventually asks for his release given the unclear path to a rotation spot.
    An avenue I'd explore if that's the case, is including him and possibly another prospect alongside him (Champagnie, Bassey) + filler in a S&T for Corey Kispert (25 y.o. wing, for his career: 47.9 FG% and 38.4 3P% on 5 3PA). If they were willing to take back Collins, I might include something else. Washington makes for an interesting partner, lots of possible synergies (them willing to take money and wanting picks, possibly moving up in the draft, them having young vets and being willing to take on gambles, Spurs' looming roster crunch, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they don't bring Champagnie back at $3 million a year.
    I think he'll be back, just part of the unnamed riff-raff to fill out the rest of the roster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i ment its got go into the money to help sign role players.Think bassey or champ get waived to create cap space.
    Think would have 20 million to work with signing role players.Hope we dont use all to sign tyus jones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae

Draft Risacher or Cody Williams.

Sign free agent Andre Drummond to back up Wemby and move Collins to the 4.

That is all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as we don't draft anyone white that is NOT from Europe, we're ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely? Draft Matas with pick 5. Raptors pick does not convey. SRPs are used on guys who won't see the floor and we need not think about.

FA: We'll re-sign Cedi, sign some shooter in the Dougy McBuckets mold, otherwise run it back.
    Props for answering the question correctly, but there's virtually no chance they don't acquire a ball handling guard of some sort.

This is tough because there are so many variables we still don't know... how many picks, where do they land, who's available where... but I'll give it a shot
    Yeah, that's why I didn't want to go into the minutia and just focused on the virtual locks, which are the natural pick and a starting caliber veteran(s).

An avenue I'd explore if that's the case, is including him and possibly another prospect alongside him (Champagnie, Bassey) + filler in a S&T for Corey Kispert (25 y.o. wing, for his career: 47.9 FG% and 38.4 3P% on 5 3PA). If they were willing to take back Collins, I might include something else. Washington makes for an interesting partner, lots of possible synergies (them willing to take money and wanting picks, possibly moving up in the draft, them having young vets and being willing to take on gambles, Spurs' looming roster crunch, etc)
    Kispert has another season left and none of those "prospects" are good enough to get them to take Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kispert has another season left and none of those "prospects" are good enough to get them to take Collins.
    I thought he was drafted in '20, but he was drafted in '21, so you're right he has one more year left and I was working under the assumption they might not want to pay a role player long term..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props for answering the question correctly, but there's virtually no chance they don't acquire a ball handling guard of some sort.

I hope you are right, but I don't have a lot of faith in the front office right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely? PATFO stand pat another season. I don't see any big moves happening since we're going to be bringing in another couple of players to develop in all likelihood. Likely is the keyword here. I'd love to be wrong. We need a great player to team with Wemby. Vassell ain't it, not unless he explodes way above what appears to be his current ceiling (as a primary scorer/playmaker).

I wish I could comment on the draft. I just don't see any rhyme or reason to what the Spurs may or may not do there. The organization is too opaque - but if we don't trade for one, we definitely need someone who can at least set Wemby and hopefully Vassell up for easy hoops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft one or two guys in the lottery and mostly run it back with some lower end shuffling at the bottom of the roster.
    Tank again for the ‘25 draft with an eye towards starting to compete in 25-26 season.

I want Trae but I think he is not moved this offseason.
    Things could get interesting if ATL sucks again during the season and he requests a trade.
    Spurs would have max leverage then and might make a deal before trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically run it back with Dillingham/Risacher in the fold. Could see them bring in someone like Gordon Hayward or Tyus Jones depending on who they draft but I feel after analyzing current Wemby they realize they're further away from contention than a lot of people want to believe. The '25 offseason is where I see the Spurs seriously start making moves unless they draft Bronny this offseason and Lebron miraculously comes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: Sochan, Martin, Wembanyama, Vassell, (Tyus) Jones

Bench: Johnson, (Tre) Jones, Collins, Williams, Champagnie, Branham

Deep bench/G-League: Bassey, Wesley, Barlow, Cissoko

1. Draft Reed Sheppard and Cody Williams
    2. In free agency strike out on Malik Monk and sign DeRozan back instead

Starters: DeRozan, Vassell, Williams, Sochan, Wembanyama
    Bench: Jones, Keldon, Zollins, Sheppard, Champagnie, Wesley, Branham

projected lineup:

Topic/ Jones/ Sidy
    Vassell/ Branham
    Sochan/ Champagnie
    Patrick Williams/ Barlow
    Wemby/ Collins

Seeing players like Champagnie, Branham, Wesley, Barlow or even Sochan talked about as if they had any kind of real place in a compe ive team around Wemby (not saying that's what posters believe but what Spurs seem to believe) and that they'll be anything else than role players/3rd stringers is really depressing...

When spurs actually did succesfully develop reclamation projects or rookies, that's was mostly one by one in contending teams, without pressure, and top players/veterans around. Not all at once in a messy, losing team. And all of them became role players, White as the only high end one, and Murray as the only borderline all star... Recently, they failed on Lonnie, Sammich, Primo and nor Blake or Malaki will become more than at best middle end role players.

You sometimes wonder if PATFO realize they don't have the big 3 anymore and this is the NBA we're talking about with good to great players in every team... This is a really compe ive league and they seem to beleive they canmake a diamond out of every kid they draft or outsmart everyone with their development program... That's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-17-2024 at 11:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-Every year we add new youth and adding new youth means some players have to go to make room for their development. I think if we had to pick any candidate(s) that need to go: Keldon, Wesley, Tre, and (I wish) Zach Collins. So I think these guys have a chance to be traded this offseason
    -I included Wesley in that group because while he has shown promising spurts of excellence… it’s just not enough. I think the Spurs will draft a point guard (one of Topic, Dilly, or Collier) and once they do, there will be no room for Wesley unless he plays offball.
    So basically getting rid of players you spent 4 years developing to make room for new, young players you'll spend 4 years developing...
    Last edited by JPB; 03-17-2024 at 05:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most Likely Off Season (provocative) Scenario?

Spurs don't make major moves.
    Wemby threatens to ask for a trade if major moves dont happen before the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to shock everyone as they trade for 2 veteran starters from teams that want to rebuild and will value Spurs youth over BBIQ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know the most likely scenario is the Spurs doing nothing besides drafting a couple players. We'll have virtually the same roster again + probably 2 rooks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick(s) are too difficult to predict without knowing draft order. I don’t think they take Sarr no matter what, but anyone else is a possibility. I’d be happy with Risacher, Williams, Dillingham or Topic. Or Sheppard if they have bad lottery luck and the aforementioned are gone.

They have to bring in some vets this offseason, especially ones that can shoot. They aren’t going star chasing. That’s not how this organization operates. Grayson Allen is the obvious choice but he may be playing himself out of the Spurs budget and Phoenix can’t afford to let him walk because they are out of avenues to improve their bench at the second apron. Malik Monk may also be pricing himself out of the spurs market and he’s got some baggage but he’s a great fit on the court. I’d be very interested in Bruce Brown if Toronto doesn’t pick up his option. I think they also need a veteran big who can bang down low. Collins isn’t it and Bassey can’t stay healthy. Hartenstein, maybe Andre Drummond who is somehow only 30 years old.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’ll be hitting a window here soon where it would be malpractice for the Spurs not to see what they can get for Keldon. It’s a contract designed to be traded, and I think Keldon should still be valued as a good bench piece for a playoff team. So I’m watching that this summer.

Aside from that:

- Pop will start Wemby, Sochan, Dev
    - the Champ position is ripe for upgrade with the best 3/D vet they can reasonably afford, but hopefully the Rookie they draft end the season there (ZR, Matas, Williams, etc)
    - they’ll ride with Tre Jones unless they cash in the chips for a PG they like (Garland, Trae, Ivey/Cade, etc.). I’m betting the season starts with Trae tho.
    -

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that our starting five basically stays the same - minus Champ and the second team gets an upgrade.

With a small trade and a few draft picks, that will mean that some of our current 3rd teamers say adios. We do a lot of dead money deals every year and the front office seems to be OK with it, it will probably happen again next season.

While I'm not confident that we will get the Toronto pick (it would be great if we did), I'd go with a somewhat more proven commodity rather than someone with just "potential". Wemby won't wait forever to win. A hard no to Buzelis or Topic (see what they can do at the combine first before singing their praises) and a yes to Dillingham, Knecht, or Reed Sheppard - role playing guards and probably good fits, that are as good if not better then our current ones. (we need someone better to throw the ball to Wemby) Forget Risacher or Sarr, those guys go 1 or 2 and unless we get the #1 or #2 pick, we aren't getting them.

All in all, in this weak draft with no obvious stars, we should go for solid more experienced players - that's progress. Swinging for the fences likely gets you a strikeout - and the spurs have had their fair share of those recently.
    Last edited by jjspur; 03-18-2024 at 10:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar of this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar of this
    Maybe he's just tired but comparing with early season PCs, looks like they sucked all the enthusiasm the kid had for the game

I'm telling you, anyone believing Wemby is up for another season, much less 2 or 3 years of that mess, developing young guys and rooks is delusional. Half a season like that next year and the honey moon is over.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-17-2024 at 12:11 PM.

Thread Information