Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not what you necessarily prefer.

I'm going they draft Williams and sign Jones and Martin . . .

Starters: Sochan, Martin, Wembanyama, Vassell, (Tyus) Jones

Bench: Johnson, (Tre) Jones, Collins, Williams, Champagnie, Branham

Deep bench/G-League: Bassey, Wesley, Barlow, Cissoko

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to be drafting starters. Risacher and Dilly will do fine. Sign Patty and Lonnie.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to end up with the second pick
    NBA does NOT want Detroit to waste another player, this draft is bad enough, they can't have any "bad drafts"

Trade for Trae

Draft Risacher

Sign some vets

That's all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to be drafting starters. Risacher and Dilly will do fine. Sign Patty and Lonnie.
    Highly unlikely that they sign Lonnie. They didn’t even like him enough to agree to an extension or a QO to keep him. He was the first of the new wave to not get one. Other than the two players waived, everyone since has got one.

He’s low IQ.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go after a big who helps rebound and defends the paint and not always rely on wemby.Sign hartenstien or jalen smith.
    Draft a pg in topic or dilly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly unlikely that they sign Lonnie. They didn’t even like him enough to agree to an extension or a QO to keep him. He was the first of the new wave to not get one. Other than the two players waived, everyone since has got one.

He’s low IQ.
    why about kyle anderson...A veteran that can make plays and help make things simple for wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Patty coming back as an assistant coach. No way Spurs waste a bench spot for Patty or Bonnie Walker. My other guess is ATL is going to trade Trae to another team after the Spurs decline their best offer.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Draft Reed Sheppard and Cody Williams
    2. In free agency strike out on Malik Monk and sign DeRozan back instead

Starters: DeRozan, Vassell, Williams, Sochan, Wembanyama
    Bench: Jones, Keldon, Zollins, Sheppard, Champagnie, Wesley, Branham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should happen? Oh let us count the ways.

"Most likely will happen"?
    Grandpa keeps things pretty much the same or brings in one of his pets like Patty Mills etc,

Think we've got to see exactly where our lotto pick falls to give a more informed answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only way there's any real change to the roster is with a big trade.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic and Giannis asking to be traded to the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-sign Mamu, Barlow. Draft some eventual scrub or long-term project with the 3rd pic. Pick up options on Sochan, Branum, Wesley. Run it back.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-sign Mamu, Barlow. Draft some eventual scrub or long-term project with the 3rd pic. Pick up options on Sochan, Branum, Wesley. Run it back.
    why resign them if pop aint even gonna give em a chance.Hes just gonna choose collins over them.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae, no matter what it takes. Everyone and everything on the table aside from Vic. Draft class is terrible. Only like 3 of the top 15 prospects can shoot. Trade the pick(s) if that’s what it takes to get Trae.

Our franchise player is 20 years old and getting triple teamed because at any point he’s on the court, there’s 2 non shooting threats in with him at all times. It’s either Jones and Sochan or Barlow and Wesley. Get shooters in free agency. Not only would it help Wemby face more single coverage, but Trae would as well. Would easily average 13 assists a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only sure things:
    -Wemby and Vassell are starters

Unlikely to change:
    -Sochan as a starter. Still on his third year, I think they see what he can develop this offseason now that they have him fixed on a position
    -Champagnie having minutes in the rotation. Being a starter may be out of his depth, but getting value from a contract like this is good for building a team
    -In Pop’s interview yesterday, he was asked who among the youth has experienced the most growth this season. He said Vassell and to my surprise, Malaki. I think they continue to see what Malaki can grow into and will exercise more patience. I say he is guaranteed rotation minutes.
    -Zach Collins still the backup C unfortunately

Likely to happen:
    -Barlow getting regular rotation minutes. He’s the signature Spurs feel good story so as long as he continues to work hard, the Spurs have another player they can get a lot of value out of given that he will be on a team friendly contract… which is superb for team building. Still skeptical he can play at the PF position at a good level, but he’s forced there because of Zach ing Collins

Some chance of happening:
    -Every year we add new youth and adding new youth means some players have to go to make room for their development. I think if we had to pick any candidate(s) that need to go: Keldon, Wesley, Tre, and (I wish) Zach Collins. So I think these guys have a chance to be traded this offseason
    -I included Wesley in that group because while he has shown promising spurts of excellence… it’s just not enough. I think the Spurs will draft a point guard (one of Topic, Dilly, or Collier) and once they do, there will be no room for Wesley unless he plays offball.
    -I think it’s obvious they need vets or more consistent players and I have been looking at Pat Williams lately. I wonder how hard it would be to get him.

projected lineup:

Topic/ Jones/ Sidy
    Vassell/ Branham
    Sochan/ Champagnie
    Patrick Williams/ Barlow
    Wemby/ Collins

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Trae, no matter what it takes. Everyone and everything on the table aside from Vic. Draft class is terrible. Only like 3 of the top 15 prospects can shoot. Trade the pick(s) if that’s what it takes to get Trae.

Our franchise player is 20 years old and getting triple teamed because at any point he’s on the court, there’s 2 non shooting threats in with him at all times. It’s either Jones and Sochan or Barlow and Wesley. Get shooters in free agency. Not only would it help Wemby face more single coverage, but Trae would as well. Would easily average 13 assists a game.
    Trae is shooting 42% from the field, not sure that’s going to help Wemby not getting double teamed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alternate scenario: Draft Bronny, blackmail LBJ in at a discount, send his scrub son to Austin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aissagholi7981, baseline bum, Splits understood the assignment.

Wanted to keep it brief, but the natural 2nd is probably dependent on the Craptors 1st conveying (I'm obviously skeptical) and being retained and if so, can be expected to be expended on one of their usual stereotypes.

That would obviously create the domino effect of knocking one of the "Deep bench/G-Leaguers" out of a roster spot.

If, as speculated/reported Barlow is an RFA again after this season per his request, then I wonder if he eventually asks for his release given the unclear path to a rotation spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the heck is Martin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who the heck is Martin
    Caleb Martin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely? Draft Matas with pick 5. Raptors pick does not convey. SRPs are used on guys who won't see the floor and we need not think about.

FA: We'll re-sign Cedi, sign some shooter in the Dougy McBuckets mold, otherwise run it back.

Jones/Blake
    Vassell/Branham
    Matas/Keldon/Shooter
    Sochan/Cedi
    Wemby/Collins

23 wins next year.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely? Draft Matas with pick 5. Raptors pick does not convey. SRPs are used on guys who won't see the floor and we need not think about.

FA: We'll re-sign Cedi, sign some shooter in the Dougy McBuckets mold, otherwise run it back.

Jones/Blake
    Vassell/Branham
    Matas/Keldon/Shooter
    Sochan/Cedi
    Wemby/Collins

23 wins next year.
    No way they don't bring Champagnie back at $3 million a year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is tough because there are so many variables we still don't know... how many picks, where do they land, who's available where... but I'll give it a shot:

Draft:
    If one pick: Buzelis, Risacher or Topic
    If two picks: add Cody Williams or Sheppard
    Not two guards (i.e., Topic AND Sheppard), but may take 2 wings.

Possible FA targets: Caleb Martin (PO), Josh Richardson (PO), Tyus Jones (UFA)
    Possible trade targets: Malcom Brogdon (2 SRPs, maybe the Charlotte pick), Corey Kispert.

Surprise: Keldon Johnson gets included in a trade. Maybe Tre Jones too, but if so probably at the deadline
    Last edited by Ariel; 03-16-2024 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Thought Kispert was a RFA, but he's under contract for one more season, so he'd have to be traded for

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way they don't bring Champagnie back at $3 million a year.
    that 3 million gotta go to a veteran or decent role player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely PATFO will be a lot more passive than we all expect them to be.

Thread Information