Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan had some issues in transition
    watching him run the break is like getting your wisdom teeth pulled without novocaine.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won and that's great. But, they are painful to watch. They score points almost accidentally and individually. Their defense is just flat horrible, except of course, for Wemby's blocks...which are almost always phenomenal. Again, if it weren't for Wemby they would be unwatchable. Even Wemby can get caught up in the passing-to-nobody and over-shooting 3's mentality of this team.

Champagnie still starting makes the game harder for everyone else on the team who have to make up for his lack of ability. He should not be in the NBA, let alone starting. And what can you say about Sochan, that his shorts don't already scream. WTF?

It was a painfully exciting game to watch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone needs to calculate the mean time between the final buzzer and the game grades. In wins it's like 7 hours and losses like 36

thanks for the grades timvp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won and that's great. But, they are painful to watch. They score points almost accidentally and individually. Their defense is just flat horrible, except of course, for Wemby's blocks...which are almost always phenomenal. Again, if it weren't for Wemby they would be unwatchable. Even Wemby can get caught up in the passing-to-nobody and over-shooting 3's mentality of this team.

Champagnie still starting makes the game harder for everyone else on the team who have to make up for his lack of ability. He should not be in the NBA, let alone starting. And what can you say about Sochan, that his shorts don't already scream. WTF?

It was a painfully exciting game to watch
    Yeah, no matter their contract value, spurs (and we) gotta stop believeing they'll get anything really valuable out of guys like Champagnie, Barlowe and co. and it's worth losing time trying to develop them (and this entire roster). Nothing against these guys but this is the NBA not charity.

Doing so is losing precious time and not giving Victor (and the few guys worth keeping) the optimal envioronment to develop in...You're not getting good habbits playing in such a dysfunctional team, without any real veteran on the court or locker room to get things right and show you stuff. It can rub off on you playing in a bad team. Any young players need veterans around.

That was already obvious last year and the fact Pop decided he would/could be the only teaching presence out there, and didn't need to bring some experience on this team to help fro their development is a a major mistake and a proof of delusion, presumptuousness and even arrogance... Continuing in that way is going to a wall, what's the point? I really do hope, spurs at least bring a coule of really good vets in that team next season and just not add a couple rooks. Or Pop has to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what I hate the most. Sochan shooting a 3, a midrange turn around, or a layup. Dude sucks at all
    of them. Ofc he has his defenders on here that will tell me how great he is at shooting…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know what I hate the most. Sochan shooting a 3, a midrange turn around, or a layup. Dude sucks at all
    of them. Ofc he has his defenders on here that will tell me how great he is at shooting…
    He won the game for them last night. They were 10 down and floating like a anic corpse knocking against the lifeboat when he got into the head of that IDIOT on the nets to draw the flagrant, and set in motion the 5 point possession. That cut the lead in half, and the Spurs never looked back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see Victor bouncing back after 2 forgetable games, he will learn to handle better double and triple teams, Brooklyn gave him more space to operate in this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch the full game, only the highlights on YT

Sochan WTF, he thinks he is KD or some

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won the game for them last night. They were 10 down and floating like a anic corpse knocking against the lifeboat when he got into the head of that IDIOT on the nets to draw the flagrant, and set in motion the 5 point possession. That cut the lead in half, and the Spurs never looked back.
    Yes he won them the game. Not Wemby and his 31, 7 assists, 7 blocks and 15 rebounds or whatever. Good to know that Sochan won them the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff, perfectly described Devin's game.

Everyone has bad shooting nights, but if he's to live up to his contract, he needs to play like he did last night on consistent basis.
    Two-man game with Wemby and getting to his spots with ease.
    Needs to work on drawing more fouls.

Jeremy needs to get his together. I understand that he's a bad shooter and that it will take years for him to get a respectable shot, if he ever gets it.
    But those out of control attempts in the paint need to stop. I don't want a player who's shooting FTs one-handed ever attempting fadeaways.

Malaki and Julian are back on their usual level, third stringers.
    Wesley isn't any different.

Wings with size are arguably the most important part of having a successful roster in today's league (unless you've got yourself an MVP big man) and our wings are easily the worst in the league.
    Victor's carry jobs on defense are actually incredible. No surprise this roster has one win without him.

Less is More
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is my most hated Spur of all time. Completely useless at both ends but somehow gets gifted the most minutes on the floor and has no leash. Him getting torched by Cam Thomas the whole night and letting Schroeder blow by him for the gamewinner=lock down defense. He also had 5+ rebounds in his hands that he just fumbled and easily missed a few others since he has no athleticism. Osman should be starting over Champagnie. He force feeds Victor, can hit 3s, and knows how to move without the ball. His cuts bailed out would be TO into assists for Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this board. Members and themselves even MORE after a win. I swear when we're compe ive y'all gonna kill yourselves. I just hope you post video. That's going to be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up and grades! I was lucky enough to be in the house yesterday.
    Here are some of my takeaways from the game. (Pleas keep in mind that my last year of organized bball was 1983 in HS)

- Wemby was spectacular. The amount of holding, jersey grabbing and slapping that he received was eye-opening. Claxton was grabbing his jersey the entire 1st qtr. Wemby is so cool, calm and non-reactive. So rare. In addition to Wemby's great stats, he worked his ass off to get position. I lost count of the missed passes and late passes to him. If this team could get someone that can dribble AND pass, look out.

- Sochan actually instigated the play that turned the game around. The Nets were up 10 with under 5 mins left (I believe) when he and Sharpe got into a scrape. Sharpe did an aggressive takedown of Socahn and then tripped him. Flagrant 1, free-throws, Spurs ball, Wemby hits a 3, 5 point play and the crowd is going nuts. I was behind the Nets bench and Sharpe was very flustered and felt that Sochan was messing with him and was on his back. Sochan, as usual, had a smile on his face like a 3rd grader on a sugar high.

- Schroeder is still quick and fast. Like, disturbingly so. His defense was difficult for the Spurs to bring the ball up against and set the offense.

- Dribbling and passing are not the Spurs strengths. I lost count of how many times someone dribbled into a corner, picked up the ball and THEN looked for an open teammate. An elite dribbler/passer would be amazing for this squad.

- I noticed something that I haven't registered yet. Pop drew up some decent plays out of timeouts. I noticed 3 times that they set up a series of screens to get Wemby a look way above the 3pt line. 28 or 30 feet away from the basket. Clayton followed and the Spurs got an open layup each time. The decoy power of Wemby is insane.

- There were some good moments of a burgeoning 2-man game between Vassell and Wemby. That's going to be tough to stop when they work out all the kinks.

- The Nets have better players than the Spurs, but, Wemby and heart prevailed. This Spurs squad really sticks together. Not many cellar-dwelling teams have this kind of chemistry and camaraderie.

- Lastly, Keldon is very large, loud and a warrior when he feels it. He's a great guy to have on a team. He's the emotional leader.
    Last edited by ginobilized; 03-18-2024 at 09:47 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well yeah, but not sure "drawing a flagrant" is the one and only thing you want mainly be mentioned for when peopple brings your flaws.

Sochan ain't a bad player, he's just not very good at anything particular, which is a problem in the NBA where you have to find your niche when you're not a star... too undersized for a PF, can't shoot and too slow and limited to play on the perimeter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch the full game, only the highlights on YT

Sochan WTF, he thinks he is KD or some

Watch again Lefty, Sochan won the game for the Spurs yesterday …

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love this board. Members and themselves even MORE after a win. I swear when we're compe ive y'all gonna kill yourselves. I just hope you post video. That's going to be awesome.
    I'd really like to hear your honest and serious evaluation of our roster.

Nets were on a 6 game road trip, this game being their last. Read: they were done and wanted to go home.
    In those 5 road trip games, they went 1-4. Losing at Detroit and Charlotte in the process. 11th seed in awful East.
    They were also on a B2B last night.
    Their best player, Bridges, had one of the worst games I've seen him play.

And it took overtime for the Spurs to beat them.
    Including a monster game from Wemby, with Devin and Keldon combining for 49 points.
    Our three best players (yes, as awful Keldon is, he's our third best player) had more or less best case scenario games and we were still awful.

What exactly are we supposed to expect from this roster going forward? If no trades are made, that is.

Also, constantly telling people to kill themselves says a lot about yourself.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we bring back Osman and send the entire 2022 draft class to Austin next season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin showed yesterday (he already did it in the past) that he can pass to Victor... when he wants

There shouldn't be any more excuses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby were you sitting here?

Wemby???? ahhhhh he sharted

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're one of those Splits ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Osman was an unsung hero and while I agree with his grade, the momentum and leadership (especially in getting Wemby the ball while he was in position and moving without it himself, Osman that is) he brought were direly needed and indispensable last night. Osman shows what a even a little veteran experience can bring for Wemby's game. Too many of our guys are the ones actually responsible for Wemby not getting the ball in his desired positions (because they don't know how to entry pass or basically pass at all).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin showed yesterday (he already did it in the past) that he can pass to Victor... when he wants

There shouldn't be any more excuses

Don’t expect Vassell to be a significant playmaker for Wemby or anybody else. Vassell doesn’t have the quick recognition and quick-twitch passing ability to be a reliable playmaker in the NBA. He just doesn’t. Sure, he can get some assists, and now and then he can make a truly excellent pass. But mostly he can only be relied on to make station-to-station passes.

If these Spurs players were able to do what they wanted they’d win the le this year, y’know. They’d all make perfectly timed passes to Wemby, and to each other, when they’re in perfect position. It isn’t lack of desire which holds them back.

Thread Information