Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron hasn’t played USMNT basketball since 2012. Not sure why people think this will be his last one, since that already happened a long time ago. Curry has never played for USA in an Olympics. He withdrew from the 2020 team.
    What part of ‘He’s said no the past two times’ are you not understanding? LeBron is not walking through that door.
    because he has said himself he is committed to playing in the paris olympics

LeBron James committed to Olympics, hopes to end career with Lakers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Embiid tipped the scales too much... Embiid is pretty much unguardable. You can always count on shooters to have an off shooting night, but not someone shooting 2 feet from the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because he has said himself he is committed to playing in the paris olympics

LeBron James committed to Olympics, hopes to end career with Lakers
    In 2016,he committed, then withdrew over concerns about the Zika virus. In 2020, he committed, then withdrew again. A LeBron commitment is on the order of some kid picking a college, not worth the paper it’s written on. It’s not as cut and dried as you seem to think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would that be, bro? He isn't lightskin nor his personality conforms to the white audience, tbh.
    With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a logical ninth as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.
    I never said those were the only factors (I said they help and trust me, they do), like so many white or white adjacent people, you just get defensive when anything race related is broached and take the discussion to a place where it wasn't intended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said those were the only factors (I said they help and trust me, they do), like so many white or white adjacent people, you just get defensive when anything race related is broached and take the discussion to a place where it wasn't intended.
    If you do just a little research, you would find many instances of me arguing against dumb white nationalist premises in this forum. I'm not biased either way, tbh. I'm just against argumentative inconsistencies, and you display quite a few on this subject, tbh.

Under most of your believes, wouldn't Tatum make the best case as the next Captain America?
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-19-2024 at 11:18 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you do just a little research, you would find many instances of me arguing against dumb white nationalist premises in this forum. I'm not biased either way, tbh. I'm just against argumentative inconsistencies, and you display quite a few on this subject, tbh.

Under most of your believes, wouldn't Tatum make the most case as the next Captain America?
    Nah, I'm very consistent. It's called being unbiased. Maybe you're just not comprehending certain things.

Sure and they tried him for a while until they gave up, realizing his personality and game is too staid and he's closer to George than he is a James or Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not so sure they should take Haliburton the way his season completely fell off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he drops to rehab they could bring in Brunson instead. Wonder what they do with last spot. Could be Nephew/George

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way, this roster stomps the compe ion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France is winning no matter what

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France is winning no matter what
    its been a minute since the US has truly sent an a-team like this. think expectations will have to be recalibrated compared to recent tournaments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brunson is not good in FIBA compe ions where the paint is closed. And you don't need another scorers. USA has always lacked role players in these compe ions. Like a real PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi got the last spot. insane team.

for people putting stock into the US' performance in the world cup, the bigs on that team were Walker Kessler (only real center), Jaren Jackson Jr, Bobby Portis, and Paolo, who is more of a jumbo wing than a big

the last olympic team (which still won gold) had only Bam and JaVale McGee on the roster as centers.

this roster has anthony davis, joel embiid, and bam

USA mops
    Last edited by spurraider21; 1 Week Ago at 06:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming the SL is going to be Steph/Ant/Bron/KD/Embiid, nasty tbh.

Should win gold but I'm sure they'll run into a close game at some point. Sucks that France has a backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming the SL is going to be Steph/Ant/Bron/KD/Embiid, nasty tbh.

Should win gold but I'm sure they'll run into a close game at some point. Sucks that France has a backcourt.
    none in games that matter imo. this is the best US roster since 2012 at least. only reason i'd knock it is the legends like lebron/durant are post-peak

sure, the talent gap isnt quite as extreme as it used to be, but an a-team like this is just miles ahead of anybody else. its enough of a talent gap to overcome any chemistry questions, stylistic adjustments, rule differences, etc

its going to take nuclear wemby type stuff to even make a run against this team for a few minutes. no amount of back door cuts and give and goes and whatnot is going to matter when you have vince carter dunking on weiss type talent gap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none in games that matter imo. this is the best US roster since 2012 at least. only reason i'd knock it is the legends like lebron/durant are post-peak

sure, the talent gap isnt quite as extreme as it used to be, but an a-team like this is just miles ahead of anybody else. its enough of a talent gap to overcome any chemistry questions, stylistic adjustments, rule differences, etc

its going to take nuclear wemby type stuff to even make a run against this team for a few minutes. no amount of back door cuts and give and goes and whatnot is going to matter when you have vince carter dunking on weiss type talent gap
    To be clear, by close game, I mean < 20 pt lead in the 2nd half tbh

FIBA rules are janky (Goaltending, no defensive 3 sec, etc). I could see them running into a hiccup if the shooting isn't there for a half. But yeah, they should steamroll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi got the last spot. insane team.

for people putting stock into the US' performance in the world cup, the bigs on that team were Walker Kessler (only real center), Jaren Jackson Jr, Bobby Portis, and Paolo, who is more of a jumbo wing than a big

the last olympic team (which still won gold) had only Bam and JaVale McGee on the roster as centers.

this roster has anthony davis, joel embiid, and bam

USA mops
    Lemme know who the injury replacement on standby is tbh. Should be Brunson or Banchero.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear, by close game, I mean < 20 pt lead in the 2nd half tbh

FIBA rules are janky (Goaltending, no defensive 3 sec, etc). I could see them running into a hiccup if the shooting isn't there for a half. But yeah, they should steamroll.
    yeah you could have gobert/wemby park in the paint, but the US also has midrange killers like Durant/Booker/Nephew/Tatum, and you cant exactly just drop in the paint if any of those guys handles a pick and roll

and this US roster actually has a good stable of bigs that can handle the physicality of the FIBA game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US will win the gold with the roster they have but not dominant like 2012

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The atmosphere will in any case be quite cold, even hostile, especially towards Embiid. His letter to President Macron two years ago to acquire French nationality caused a stir. Some words that take on a very ridiculous and pompous turn now that we know what happened since. Some nice boos to be expected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The atmosphere will in any case be quite cold, even hostile, especially towards Embiid. His letter to President Macron two years ago to acquire French nationality caused a stir. Some words that take on a very ridiculous and pompous turn now that we know what happened since. Some nice boos to be expected.
    I've read the letter today, but can't find any more infos about what happened. Do we know why he changed his mind?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've read the letter today, but can't find any more infos about what happened. Do we know why he changed his mind?
    Not that I know. Perhaps the letter written to Biden will tell us more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I know. Perhaps the letter written to Biden will tell us more.
    Half way journalism smh...

I can't find anything, they just went for the clicks

Thread Information