Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling it now, the home country will win the gold. Embiid will play for US even though he recently got French citizenship. WTF will a Wemby/Gobert lineup look like?

It's gonna be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know about France winning it, but the US probably won’t. The world has caught up and passed by our individualistic hero ball tactics with ball movement and ball reversal. ing Serbia won the World Cup without Jokic last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know about France winning it, but the US probably won’t. The world has caught up and passed by our individualistic hero ball tactics with ball movement and ball reversal. ing Serbia won the World Cup without Jokic last year.
    With all the losing VW is experiencing this year, I think this is his moment to get his confidence back. Then come back roaring in 2025 in the NBA

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really depends on what Victor turns into during the Olympics, fiba patty? or just regular (which is still incredible). I expect him to come out guns ablaze

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia was the runner up-- they lost to Germany in the final. But , yeah, it was impressive how well they played without Jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serbia was the runner up-- they lost to Germany in the final. But , yeah, it was impressive how well they played without Jokic.
    My bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno do you have any insight as to who will be on the French National Team? I can't find anything in terms of their roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sthevie Kerr will get it rigged in the US favor one way or another, Warrior style?

I'd say watch the out for him ordering one of the US to injure Wemby.

Wish i was kidding. Serious 100.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sthevie Kerr will get it rigged in the US favor one way or another, Warrior style?

I'd say watch the out for him ordering one of the US to injure Wemby.

Wish i was kidding. Serious 100.
    You’re an idiot. He was the coach at the world Cup last year, and no one was injured. Well,the US pride was injured by not medalling, but that’s metaphorical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re an idiot. He was the coach at the world Cup last year, and no one was injured. Well,the US pride was injured by not medalling, but that’s metaphorical.
    Projection.
    You act like an idiot, often.

World Cup is not Olympics, moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno do you have any insight as to who will be on the French National Team? I can't find anything in terms of their roster
    Too early to call, rosters haven't been set yet, far from it. Not sure about Risacher or Sarr but here's a tendency (could change):

Guards : Frank Ntilikina, Andrew Albicy, Nando De Colo, Evan Fournier, Rodrigue Beaubois,

Forwards: Bilal Coulibaly, Timothé Luwawu Cabarrot, Terry Tarpey, Nicolas Batum

Bigs: Rudy Gobert, Guerschon Yabusele, Victor Wembanyama.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-19-2024 at 12:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projection.

It’s usually the same or nearly the same teams. The level of comp is pretty much identical. Just a bit more pomp and cir stance around the 5 rings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    us word cup team was like the olympic select team tbh

US talent will still overwhelm imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US talent will still overwhelm imo
    hard no. French team on their home turf with tons of talent must be the favorites to the gold. US team doesn't give 2 fuks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Projection.

The same level. Different excuses for US team only.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French NT is between 2 cycles

Aside of Gobert Wemby most of the talent is quite old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard no. French team on their home turf with tons of talent must be the favorites to the gold. US team doesn't give 2 fuks
    hard yes. US hasnt sent anything resembling an a-team for a while now. even when they won in 2021, you had guys like lavine, javale mcgee, jerami grant, khris middleton, keldon johnson on the roster. the only legit center they had was Bam who is 6'9 and not really built to wrestle with the big euros. even if embiid sits out with injury, this year they'll have legit bigs like anthony davis, jarrett allen, jjj, chet, kessler as candidates to make the squad, and a much deeper cast of scorers. last time it was basically durant-tatum who had significant scoring roles, they'll be much deeper this year with guys like nephew, lebron, edwards

2024 US team will be a different animal compared to anything we've seen for a while now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hard yes. US hasnt sent anything resembling an a-team for a while now. even when they won in 2021, you had guys like lavine, javale mcgee, jerami grant, khris middleton, keldon johnson on the roster. the only legit center they had was Bam who is 6'9 and not really built to wrestle with the big euros. even if embiid sits out with injury, this year they'll have legit bigs like anthony davis, jarrett allen, jjj, chet, kessler as candidates to make the squad, and a much deeper cast of scorers. last time it was basically durant-tatum who had significant scoring roles, they'll be much deeper this year with guys like nephew, lebron, edwards

2024 US team will be a different animal compared to anything we've seen for a while now
    ok, but le bleu are taking this really ing srsly. I live next to them, it's not an afterthought. they see the Wemby homecoming and the gold as not just a nice-to-have but mission number one. Like life-or-death

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    French main lineup should be De Colo - Fournier - Batum - Wembanyama - Gobert

FNT strength is its bigs. Behind Wembanyama and Gobert, there are a lot of high quality players in Europe (Yabusele, Lessort, Poirier, Mouss Fall...)

FNT main weakness is its guards. De Colo, BTW one of the all time french greatest player, is 37 years old and often injured. Fournier is inconsistent. Behind them, there are a lot of average players (Ntilikina, Francisco, Hifi, Strazel, Okobo...).

At SF, it should be Batum with Coulibaly as backup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok, but le bleu are taking this really ing srsly. I live next to them, it's not an afterthought. they see the Wemby homecoming and the gold as not just a nice-to-have but mission number one. Like life-or-death
    take it as serious as they want, they're outgunned

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go France, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The US is still obviously the most talented squad in the World, but the gap has closed enough to not guarantee a win on a single elimination game tournament.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s usually the same or nearly the same teams. The level of comp is pretty much identical. Just a bit more pomp and cir stance around the 5 rings.
    The same level. Different excuses for US team only.
    And here i thought Pop and the team had their asses handed to them several times (a record) before Prime Middleton, Prime Jrue Holliday and Booker arrived with 2-3 games to go to bail them out.

That didn't happen, did it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go France, tbh.

Thx mate

What about Argentina? I know u got eliminated for the Olympics but is there some new hope coming?

Any baby Manu-Scola…?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is still obviously the most talented squad in the World, but the gap has closed enough to not guarantee a win on a single elimination game tournament.
    i still think the gap is massive, but depends on final rosters. if embiid plays its a huge difference maker and probably gives them a near guarantee imho. he would murder euro style of play in the interior

Thread Information