Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Surprise no mention of Josh Howard. Was an All Star in 2006-07, then basically out of the league just a few years later. Significant in the fact that it was only his fourth season, first all star game, and only 26. As someone who actually watched and followed the team pretty regularly back then, even I can't remember what happened to him after the 08-09 season

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Jamal Mashburn would be a killer as a pro.
    Javaris Crittenton too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly a great player but TJ Warren turned into prime Jordan in the bubble and was never heard from again after that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not exactly a great player but TJ Warren turned into prime Jordan in the bubble and was never heard from again after that
    Injuries derailed his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy Tarpley
    Ralph Sampson

Those 80s Mavs and Rockets teams were the only legit threats to the Showtime Lakers in the WC but that didn't last long

Tarpley had a second chance when he came back , I think it was in the mid 90s and he actually played well but he blew it, another ban
    Last edited by lefty; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Roy Tarpley
    Ralph Sampson

Those 80s Mavs and Rockets teams were the only legit threats to the Showtime Lakers in the WC but that didn't last long

Tarpley hada second chance when he came back , I think it was in the mid 90s and he actually played well but he blew it, another ban
    The 80s. Aka the decade where magic partied so hard he got hiv but somehow never touched any drugs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 80s. Aka the decade where magic partied so hard he got hiv but somehow never touched any drugs.
    yep
    And the Lakers had a cocaine filled nightclub in the Forum , but they didn't do drugs apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep
    And the Lakers had a cocaine filled nightclub in the Forum , but they didn't do drugs apparently
    Oh man you gotta read about Landsberger in Pearlman's Showtime book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man you gotta read about Landsberger in Pearlman's Showtime book
    yeah he was something

Speaking of him, last year I posted a tweet making fun of the Lakers and the actor who played him in Winning Time liked it for some reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah he was something

Speaking of him, last year I posted a tweet making fun of the Lakers and the actor who played him in Winning Time liked it for some reason
    He was super open with his wife and she didn't give a if he banged other women, but he went and told her Kareem, Cooper, and Worthy had side es and their wives were friends with Landsberger's wife so she told them. Got him basically kicked off the team after the 83 Finals.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyreke Evans averaged 20-5-5 his rookie year and looked like a sure thing.

Amare Stoudemire fell off the map after 2011.

Every once in a while I notice Blake Griffin is still playing and it blows my mind.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was super open with his wife and she didn't give a if he banged other women
    Oh that reminds me, Andrei Kirilenko.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was super open with his wife and she didn't give a if he banged other women, but he went and told her Kareem, Cooper, and Worthy had side es and their wives were friends with Landsberger's wife so she told them. Got him basically kicked off the team after the 83 Finals.
    Snitching is a Lakers tradition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyreke Evans averaged 20-5-5 his rookie year and looked like a sure thing.
    - Yep, forgot about him

- Dejuan Wagner also looked promising his rookie year then disappeared

- Jamaal Tinsley had a decent rookie season, he even had a triple double that season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jennings scored 55 in his first game or something like that. Then disappeared.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But without him we'd still be hiding under the furniture. His gross failure(s) in '83 & '84 to the Celtics did not crush him as they'd crushed West, Baylor, me, et al. Instead of crawling away like the Celtics were bent on making him do///they knew he was "dangerous" and tried desperately to get him to fold like the other Lakers had---Magic instead did what Jimmy Dean's mighty song directed him to do...Over the summer of '84 he grabbed the jacks & timbers and started back down. After a 100-game grailed quest culminated on 9 June 1985 in Boston we'd broken thru. We've never looked back.

He never threw it in their face, but he was no country preacher. That was hi-tech wet work. He knew.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Snitching is a Lakers tradition
    You got Parker ratting as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But without him we'd still be hiding under the furniture. His gross failure(s) in '83 & '84 to the Celtics did not crush him as they'd crushed West, Baylor, me, et al. Instead of crawling away like the Celtics were bent on making him do///they knew he was "dangerous" and tried desperately to get him to fold like the other Lakers had---Magic instead did what Jimmy Dean's mighty song directed him to do...Over the summer of '84 he grabbed the jacks & timbers and started back down. After a 100-game grailed quest culminated on 9 June 1985 in Boston we'd broken thru. We've never looked back.

He never threw it in their face, but he was no country preacher. That was hi-tech wet work. He knew.
    Exactly. Which is why he was never suspended by the league while the entire Houston backcourt and the Mavs got the treatment. Can’t make that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jennings scored 55 in his first game or something like that. Then disappeared.
    I remembered when that happened, everybody here lost it when I said he was a stat padder

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly. Which is why he was never suspended by the league while the entire Houston backcourt and the Mavs got the treatment. Can’t make that up.
    That's conjecture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's conjecture.
    Oh yeah. But if the opposite happened you’d be swearing up and down the hallway like the suns won a le.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh yeah. But (if) the opposite happened you’d be swearing up and down the hallway like the suns won a le.
    That (if) is a cruel master, amb. Him slapin' that Miami hardwood a ready example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got Parker ratting as well.
    That POS was Lakers spy, disrupted us on purpose in 2002, 2004 and 2008

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That (if) is a cruel master, amb. Him slapin' that Miami hardwood a ready example.
    You only say this because the lakers are always on the good end.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You only say this because the lakers are always on the good end.
    You don't think '83 & '84 were catastrophic? If he taps out were done, done-done. I didn't think he had it in him to be the one to lead us from the darkness and into light forever more. The Celtics had put him on-the-spot to be destroyed. They knew he COULD be the one, but if they stomped the life out of him they'd be able to rule the NBA another 5-10 years and effectively end us and him for good.

The story he tells about (it) is bull . What he had to do---what he did is buried deep in his heart and soul and he will not share. That's fine. I was withered after '84. He brought me back to the fore and I ain't never forgettin' that. Ever. It's my religion.

Thread Information