Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But the good news for you guys is the tide seems to be shifting towards jerking off nostalgic gen xers who just want to see the same version of the movies they love remade. (See: the new Ghostbusters movies)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Black Panther is one of the most successful films of all time and that's all social justice. There's definitely some pandering and lack of imagination with some of the reboots but honestly, a lot of that is driven by the social media outrage that happens when they make a diverse casting decision. Disney could not have bought the amount of impressions and social chatter it got from angry incels just by casting a black Ariel. It was the sixth most successful film of the year. But I guess it's possible they'd have been better off just casting Hermione again.
    Mermaid was the 10th highest grossing of the year.

Beauty in the Beast in 2017 was...#2

Mermaid is a far more catchy story line, possibly the best. It should have smashed Disney records. It arguably bombed.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mermaid was the 10th highest grossing of the year.

Beauty in the Beast in 2017 was...#2

Mermaid is a far more catchy story line with children. It should have smashed Disney records. It arguably bombed.
    The article I read had Mermaid 6th. Doesn't really matter. It's also possible that the movie just sucked. I didn't see it but I do recall people dunking on it for reasons that had nothing to do with the leading actress.

I also recall you guys being pissy about some gay character in the beauty and the beast remake, so I guess that wokeness didn't really affect its box office. Seems like the black genie did okay for Aladdin too.

Let's consider the possibility for a moment that people running studios that make billions of dollars are better at this kind of thing than a bunch of dudes that post opinions online while coding for $50K a year.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    The article I read had Mermaid 6th. Doesn't really matter. It's also possible that the movie just sucked. I didn't see it but I do recall people dunking on it for reasons that had nothing to do with the leading actress.

I do recall you guys being pissy about some gay character in the beauty and the beast remake, so I guess that wokeness didn't really affect its box office. Seems like the black genie did okay for Aladdin too.

Let's consider the possibility for a moment that people running studios that make billions of dollars are better at this kind of thing than a bunch of dudes that post opinions online in between coding for $50K a year.
    Let's be honest, this isn't adding diversity. It's just making white characters black. They aren't giving Latinos or Asians these roles.

Redheaded Annie in the remake she's...black.

Disney is a global company that continues to realize black-washing doesn't sell anywhere else on Planet Earth except current day USA.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Let's be honest, this isn't adding diversity. It's just making white characters black. They aren't giving Latinos or Asians these roles.

Redheaded Annie in the remake she's...black.

Disney is a global company that continues to realize black-washing doesn't sell anywhere else on Planet Earth except current day USA.
    Mermaids and Little orphan Annie aren't fundamentally white. They are also not real. Find something important to care about. Go outside. Connect with people.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Barbie was a movie about a popular doll that had overt feminist overtones, a black female president, and mocked the patriarchy. It was the most successful film of 2023.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Mermaids and Little orphan Annie aren't fundamentally white. They are also not real. Find something important to care about. Go outside. Connect with people.
    They are fundamentally redhead pale. It's part of their charm. Why cut out one of the most rare demographics in our society.

I understand your argument as a whole - I grew up on the X-Men cartoons and had a set of trading cards but today I've watched a handful of this Marvel World stuff.

USA & Japan probably consume the most fictional entertainment. But I don't see Japanese content bringing social issues into it. Even their athletic sports World. You aren't being genuine if you take shots at everyday people but disregard that American current day society is absolutely pumped and stuffed with social commentary. ::Why is USA today so divisive?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    They are fundamentally redhead pale. It's part of their charm. Why cut out one of the most rare demographics in our society.

I understand your argument as a whole - I grew up on the X-Men cartoons and had a set of trading cards but today I've watched a handful of this Marvel World stuff.

USA & Japan probably consume the most fictional entertainment. But I don't see Japanese content bringing social issues into it. Even their athletic sports World. You aren't being genuine if you take shots at everyday people but disregard that American current day society is absolutely pumped and stuffed with social commentary. ::Why is USA today so divisive?
    Because insecure white men like you are throwing an eternal tantrum. You're always unhappy and eager to find someone else to blame for it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Because insecure white men like you are throwing an eternal tantrum. You're always unhappy and eager to find someone else to blame for it.
    We built the greatest Civilization in history. If you aren't going to help, atleast get off your knees and step aside. We have a Planet to lead.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    We built the greatest Civilization in history. If you aren't going to help, atleast get off your knees and step aside. We have a Planet to lead.
    You didn't do . You aren't helping . You aren't leading . You're a weak-minded crybaby.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    You didn't do . You aren't helping . You aren't leading . You're a weak-minded crybaby.
    I'm simply upholding the winning formula. You seem to be panicking and jumped ship to something radical.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everyone was OK and hunky-dory with using a US born white actor to portray illegal alien Kal-El, aka "Clark Kent," but here we are taking about Briton whose ancestors l(Cheddar-man) were darker than night, please!!!!

Meet Cheddar Man: First modern Britons had dark skin and blue eyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I'm simply upholding the winning formula.
    you've already been left behind and you're furious about it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Without devolving into politics, the image of a tan person concerns very few. It's the ideological baggage brought on by current day Liberals. Tan people in Europe (or far-East Asia) are integrated and part of our community. This integration allows them to help our nations prosper.

Long story short - IMO you don't need to be a specific skin tone to be Polish, Japanese, or Saudi but you must get on board with social/historic norms. And increasingly this seems to be an issue with current day Liberals.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    You're upholding the American historical norm of excluding nonwhites from your society.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    You're upholding the American historical norm of excluding nonwhites from your society.
    USA has excluded people compared to the rest of the World? Just not seeing it. I think you'd respect this country alot more if you fairy sized it up against reality and not idealism.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Can't wait to see the fury when Jackman retires and they make Wolverine black

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    USA has excluded people compared to the rest of the World? Just not seeing it. I think you'd respect this country alot more if you fairy sized it up against reality and not idealism.
    Lol "we'd the US would get the respect it deserves if it only would keep it's fantasy characters white"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Good news: When "Black Annie" came out, they didn't burn the other versions of the film. Nothing's been cut. You can still watch the Carol Burnett one. You can still watch the original Little Mermaid with your son. That's the beauty of options! I'm sorry you can't square the idea of a poor orphan being black, but no one's forcing you to watch every single version of Annie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You posted your Black Panther counterfantasy.
    Nthing wrong with that

Wakanda is a fictional country, and real life african countries like South Africa and Zimbabwe have white citizens

Si if it's possible in real life it sure can happen in a fictional country

And for the record, I really like Idris Elba as Heimdall, even though Heimdall is white, nobdy is complaining
    Same thing with the Ancient One in Dr Strange, they went with a woman even the character is a man, and Tilda was fantastic imo, I'm glad she got the part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Nthing wrong with that

Wakanda is a fictional country, and real life african countries like South Africa and Zimbabwe have white citizens
    Where did those white people originally come from in real life?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Everyone was OK and hunky-dory with using a US born white actor to portray illegal alien Kal-El, aka "Clark Kent," but here we are taking about Briton whose ancestors l(Cheddar-man) were darker than night, please!!!!

Meet Cheddar Man: First modern Britons had dark skin and blue eyes
    Briton Cheddar-man is not tan, he is black!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Zeti Reticula

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    007 is Straight White Male. It's been decided. Our Civilization, our rules.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    007 is Straight White Male. It's been decided. Our Civilization, our rules.
    It's not your decision. Why do you have to pretend you have any power? Pathetic.

Thread Information