Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    It's not your decision. Why do you have to pretend you have any power? Pathetic.
    Isn't it about time to grow out of your rebellious age? We were all this same way at some point. Time to be a Man and pay respect to those before you, those you carry their name today. Extend a legacy.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Isn't it about time to grow out of your rebellious age? We were all this same way at some point. Time to be a Man and pay respect to those before you, those you carry their name today. Extend a legacy.
    you're the one thinking you're rebelling against a big bad mouse.

Stop being so insecure and let other people live their lives and start their own legacies. Just because you're miserable doesn't mean you have to make everyone else miserable.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    We should have a Muslim Bond

Ramadan Bond would be unstoppable tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We should have a Muslim Bond

Ramadan Bond would be unstoppable tbh
    Eh, everyone knows how that would end. He beats up women for being unveiled in public, won't touch alcoholic drinks, and one good Allah Akbar boom and the haji experience ends.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Eh, everyone knows how that would end. He beats up women for being unveiled in public, won't touch alcoholic drinks, and one good Allah Akbar boom and the haji experience ends.
    So more efficient than white Bond

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So more efficient than white Bond
    Another negative: these would be new Bond girls

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Another negative: these would be new Bond girls

Bond girls are useless, who gives a

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you watch Bond movies to see an old man and not the y Bond girls? that!

To each his own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So you watch Bond movies to see an old man and not the y Bond girls? that!

To each his own.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    They need to toughen Bond up,,,,enough of the pretty boy . Give him face scars,,,,shaved head,,,,whatever,,,Idris would have been a good choice. Make him like the character that Liam Neeson played in Taken,,,,dont care about the skin color just toughen the dude up and look the part. I'd even make him taller,,,6'2 or taller.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    you're the one thinking you're rebelling against a big bad mouse.

Stop being so insecure and let other people live their lives and start their own legacies. Just because you're miserable doesn't mean you have to make everyone else miserable.
    Seems the Bond series made a decision? I don't think this franchise is for you.

Earlier in the thread you guys made some funny jokes calling out Western Men. And your still here days later now cheerleading for "other people".

Like I said before - our Civilization, our rules. Am I getting this correctly: you are a White Man attempting to coordinate people. You're on the wrong team for that play amigo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Seems the Bond series made a decision? I don't think this franchise is for you.
    Sure it is. You didn't make any decision.

Earlier in the thread you guys made some funny jokes calling out Western Men. And your still here days later now cheerleading for "other people".
    We called out your weak insecure ass. All we do is laugh at your constant pant- ting and self-soothing.

Like I said before - our Civilization, our rules. Am I getting this correctly: you are a White Man attempting to coordinate people. You're on the wrong team for that play amigo
    You haven't made one rule in your miserable life. Why do you try to act like you have any power at all?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Sure it is. You didn't make any decision.

We called out your weak insecure ass. All we do is laugh at your constant pant- ting and self-soothing.

You haven't made one rule in your miserable life. Why do you try to act like you have any power at all?
    Your on a sports forum begging for "other people".

Get off your knees and get a clue with how the rest of the World operates.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Your on a sports forum begging for "other people".

Get off your knees and get a clue with how the rest of the World operates.
    I know how the world operates--and you are powerless in it. Why do you have to fantasize that you do have power over other races?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I know how the world operates--and you are powerless in it. Why do you have to fantasize that you do have power over other races?
    We have power in OUR society and will uphold. I am arguably the most anti-Warmongering person here. I don't want or believe it's wise to shut our borders but we must first do it and then wisely replenish our society.

The humanitarian/guilt play doesn't work increasingly on Westeners. Funding War while leaving external borders open is absolutely reject from me and call to publicly protest.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    We have power in OUR society and will uphold. I am arguably the most anti-Warmongering person here. I don't want or believe it's wise to shut our borders but we must first do it and then wisely replenish our society.

The humanitarian/guilt play doesn't work increasingly on Westeners. Funding War while leaving external borders open is absolutely reject from me and call to publicly protest.
    The border isn't open. You're a rube.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    It’s a shame you never saw Goldeneye

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Black Panther is one of the most successful films of all time and that's all social justice. There's definitely some pandering and lack of imagination with some of the reboots but honestly, a lot of that is driven by the social media outrage that happens when they make a diverse casting decision. Disney could not have bought the amount of impressions and social chatter it got from angry incels just by casting a black Ariel. It was the sixth most successful film of the year. But I guess it's possible they'd have been better off just casting Hermione again.
    Black Panther didn’t cast a honky in the le role. If they would’ve race/gender-swapped him then it would’ve been just as stupid as the other swaps. They took a black character and pandered to a black audience and more power to them for it. Your other example of Barbie is also non-applicable to this argument. Barbie is a girl’s toy and credit to the brass for taking a female character and marketing it to a female audience with the biggest female movie star on the planet.

Regardless of whether I like or agree with the messaging of those films (haven’t seen either tbh but have seen enough reviews), they knew who their audiences were and gave them what they want.

See how that works? If girlboss formula worked then MSheU, Lucasfilm, and Disney as a whole wouldn’t be hemorrhaging cash as their stock continues to plummet.

It’s pretty hilarious how some of you can’t separate yourselves from the real issue: storytelling/lazy filmmaking. When you rape classic and beloved longstanding IP just to score DEI points, is it really so hard to understand the backlash?

Why do True Detective Season 4,Indiana Jones 5,Ghostbusters 2016, any Star Wars of the last 10 years, the Marvels, or any other girlboss trope film/show perform so horribly and become universally hated? Because they’re trying to turn women into men. Dudes don’t pay to watch that and women don’t either because they have nothing in common with these characters. It’s wish fulfillment directing by lonely and inexperienced directors

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Black Panther didn’t cast a honky in the le role. If they would’ve race/gender-swapped him then it would’ve been just as stupid as the other swaps. They took a black character and pandered to a black audience and more power to them for it. Your other example of Barbie is also non-applicable to this argument. Barbie is a girl’s toy and credit to the brass for taking a female character and marketing it to a female audience with the biggest female movie star on the planet.

Regardless of whether I like or agree with the messaging of those films (haven’t seen either tbh but have seen enough reviews), they knew who their audiences were and gave them what they want.
    You: "I’m sorry overt social justice messaging doesn’t sell"
    Me: "Here are two massively successful movies with overt social messaging."
    You: "It's not about social messaging, it's about race/gender swapping."

See how that works? If girlboss formula worked then MSheU, Lucasfilm, and Disney as a whole wouldn’t be hemorrhaging cash as their stock continues to plummet.
    at "girlboss tropes" being the reason Disney's stock has sucked, and not shifting viewership habits, post-COVID theme park attendance, and box office bombs of movies and series that weren't "girlboss" (including some show called Secret Invasion which I've honestly never even heard of but apparently cost over $200MM to make). They've spent too much money and produced a glut of content, all while people are cutting back on streaming services due to cost (and because they're not couped up in the homes with a ton of free time like they were in 2020.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolin...h=f34b4487a186

You guys really do live in an WASP-rage bubble.

It’s pretty hilarious how some of you can’t separate yourselves from the real issue: storytelling/lazy filmmaking. When you rape classic and beloved longstanding IP just to score DEI points, is it really so hard to understand the backlash?

Why do True Detective Season 4,Indiana Jones 5,Ghostbusters 2016, any Star Wars of the last 10 years, the Marvels, or any other girlboss trope film/show perform so horribly and become universally hated? Because they’re trying to turn women into men. Dudes don’t pay to watch that and women don’t either because they have nothing in common with these characters. It’s wish fulfillment directing by lonely and inexperienced directors
    I agree on ty storytelling and lazy filmmaking, but you want to chalk that up specifically to the casting and the social messaging.

Star Wars 7 was a huge success after casting a woman and black man in the leads. Star Wars 8 pissed off fanboys because they wanted Rey to be related to someone in the Star Wars universe because instead of being surprised they want to be fed nostalgia. So they made SW9 to reset things and it just sucked altogether. Meanwhile they're churning out 2 Star Wars movies a year and countless series that only the biggest homebody nerds can possibly keep up with in the first place, and those just happen to be largely the same white men who get pissy if they have to pay attention to a female Jedi.

The MCU movies after Infinity Wars have been convoluted multiverse exercises that are frankly too advanced for a mass audience, and even beyond that thread, the movies (at least the few I've seen) haven't been very good regardless of casting.

Indiana Jones 5... I mean given that the 4th one sucked and Harrison Ford is now 80, are you surprised that it underperformed? Since I didn't see it, I'll have to take your word for it on the alleged "girlboss tropes" but my guess is that's just more online-male-discourse hindsight eulogizing a film over something that had little to no impact on people wanting to see it.

True Detective hasn't been good since the first season. What were the girlboss tropes that tanked season 2 and 3?

Strong female action leads certainly didn't hurt Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel, or Wandavision, or Hunger Games, or Alien/Aliens, or Kill Bill, or Rogue One, or Star Wars 7, or any number of other films that don't fit in with your confirmation bias. It's about quality and quan y.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    You: "I’m sorry overt social justice messaging doesn’t sell"
    Me: "Here are two massively successful movies with overt social messaging."
    You: "It's not about social messaging, it's about race/gender swapping."

at "girlboss tropes" being the reason Disney's stock has sucked, and not shifting viewership habits, post-COVID theme park attendance, and box office bombs of movies and series that weren't "girlboss" (including some show called Secret Invasion which I've honestly never even heard of but apparently cost over $200MM to make). They've spent too much money and produced a glut of content, all while people are cutting back on streaming services due to cost (and because they're not couped up in the homes with a ton of free time like they were in 2020.)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolin...h=f34b4487a186

You guys really do live in an WASP-rage bubble.

I agree on ty storytelling and lazy filmmaking, but you want to chalk that up specifically to the casting and the social messaging.

Star Wars 7 was a huge success after casting a woman and black man in the leads. Star Wars 8 pissed off fanboys because they wanted Rey to be related to someone in the Star Wars universe because instead of being surprised they want to be fed nostalgia. So they made SW9 to reset things and it just sucked altogether. Meanwhile they're churning out 2 Star Wars movies a year and countless series that only the biggest homebody nerds can possibly keep up with in the first place, and those just happen to be largely the same white men who get pissy if they have to pay attention to a female Jedi.

The MCU movies after Infinity Wars have been convoluted multiverse exercises that are frankly too advanced for a mass audience, and even beyond that thread, the movies (at least the few I've seen) haven't been very good regardless of casting.

Indiana Jones 5... I mean given that the 4th one sucked and Harrison Ford is now 80, are you surprised that it underperformed? Since I didn't see it, I'll have to take your word for it on the alleged "girlboss tropes" but my guess is that's just more online-male-discourse hindsight eulogizing a film over something that had little to no impact on people wanting to see it.

True Detective hasn't been good since the first season. What were the girlboss tropes that tanked season 2 and 3?

Strong female action leads certainly didn't hurt Wonder Woman, or Captain Marvel, or Wandavision, or Hunger Games, or Alien/Aliens, or Kill Bill, or Rogue One, or Star Wars 7, or any number of other films that don't fit in with your confirmation bias. It's about quality and quan y.
    You're right, Rey was amazing. SW's was definitely a breath of fresh air. What a character arc she had. Just like Captain Marvel, the moral of the story is everyone else and just wait until everyone else realizes how awesome you are.

Thread Information