My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst player on the team, Champagnie, got 4 points and 2 rebounds...and got the highest grade.

The worst player on the court...also played the most minutes.

It's a bizarre world Spurs fans are living in right now.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:11 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan not being able to make outside shots hurts this team.Guy is bad at offense.He cant be next to wemby if
    hes gonna be another collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Spurs roster sucks. We honestly do need to blow it up, at least, relatively speaking.

Guys like Sochan aren’t “bad” as much as they are not ready to start or play huge minutes every single night. He needs too much work on his jumper to be starting or playing important minutes next to Wemby. Just one example on a roster full of them.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there was ever a time for some of these guys to shine, it’s now. And they all put up a pathetic performance this weekend. I’m really hoping Pop and Wright see the writing on the wall and overhaul this team over the summer. It’s not about growing or gelling, it’s about 80% of this team being out of the league in 3 years.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can’t hack it on this year’s Spurs, where you gonna go?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’ll definitely be interesting to see where 70% of this roster is in 3 years.

I remember taking a trip to Como a few years back and catching an Italian league game for a bit, only to learn that Austin freakin Daye was crushing it over there. Could that be Champagne, Sidy, Cedi, Bassey, and Sandro in a few years?

That’d be an awesome life honestly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its funny how spurs rosters are always full of dudes that cant shoot. This batch also happens to have a whole bunch of guys that cant take anybody off the dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Muskasvili. Trying hard on a team that isn't or can't/ this team is not worth watching for the rest of the season unless there are some Wemby highlights posted. Who is your favorite player to get rid of by any means possible?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor Muskasvili. Trying hard on a team that isn't or can't/ this team is not worth watching for the rest of the season unless there are some Wemby highlights posted. Who is your favorite player to get rid of by any means possible?
    I actually feel sorry for Graham, he actually has talent but I know he's getting to be let go. Mamu puts in an effort every game despite his shortcomings. It would be nice if he could stay, but there are better players out there. I used to think Wesley should be canned but I have seen improvement in his game so maybe. I'll wait till training camp on him. If Branham could just shoot a bit more consistently - no I don't think he can and his defense just plain sucks swamp water - he should be let go as well. There are at least 3-4 slots if not more just waiting to be filled on this spurs team for next year. Just waiting for the end of the season so we can officially begin planning for next year.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    While I agree with the comment regarding Victor in the long run, a rookie should not be their best player. What other rookie is expected to be the best player on the team on both ends of the floor every night?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    This Spurs roster sucks. We honestly do need to blow it up, at least, relatively speaking.

Guys like Sochan aren’t “bad” as much as they are not ready to start or play huge minutes every single night. He needs too much work on his jumper to be starting or playing important minutes next to Wemby. Just one example on a roster full of them.
    This. There are too many projects on the same team. None of these guys are rookie Kawhi Leonard or even DeJounte Murray/Derrick White. The Spurs need 3 solid starters including a real point guard/point forward. The other two can be 3 and D guys. This seems to be a fundamental fact in the NBA. Imagine this team around a rookie Tim Duncan. No one could get him the ball in the post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan not being able to make outside shots hurts this team.Guy is bad at offense.He cant be next to wemby if

hes gonna be another collins.

every team in the nba is STOCKED with dead-eye snipers

except the spurs

the entire starting lineup besides wemby is unable to hit a wide open 3 or throw a simple lob pass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I agree with the comment regarding Victor in the long run, a rookie should not be their best player. What other rookie is expected to be the best player on the team on both ends of the floor every night?
    Recently?
    Lebron
    (maybe Tim Duncan)

There's a reason why people figure these guys are legitimate GOAT candidates ...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Recently?
    Lebron
    (maybe Tim Duncan)

There's a reason why people figure these guys are legitimate GOAT candidates ...
    Both Lebron and Tim had teams around them that were far better than what Victor has. Tim's team was far and away better.

Plus I don't consider 20+ years ago to be recent. Neither was expected to carry the team, especially in 29 minutes a game. Both averaged close to 40m a game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Lebron and Tim had teams around them that were far better than what Victor has. Tim's team was far and away better.

Plus I don't consider 20+ years ago to be recent. Neither was expected to carry the team, especially in 29 minutes a game. Both averaged close to 40m a game.
    I ain't arguing that the teams around Lebron and Tim weren't better (nor that Tim and Lebron played more minutes), just that "rookie is expected to be the best player on the team on both ends of the floor every night?" pretty much applied to them...

WRT to recency, the only other candidate for that expectation that I can think of would be Wilt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It litteraly never happened in NBA’s history.

And PATFO and their sniffers act as if this strategy was common sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    huh, this is what "blow up the team" looks like, none of these players are on contracts that hurt. we can sign anyone, and yet no one is worth signing. We can replace this cast of players with players who are worse. But you cant fantasy GM your way into a veteran team. that a historically bad spurs team is still bad should no shock you. A coach more interested in a top 4 pick than trying to win? Rookie wall, teams trying hard for playoff places,, it's basically the way its going these days. There really is no basketball related thing to do between now and the draft. Watch the team if you want, wait till nest year, or the year after next year if not.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I ain't arguing that the teams around Lebron and Tim weren't better (nor that Tim and Lebron played more minutes), just that "rookie is expected to be the best player on the team on both ends of the floor every night?" pretty much applied to them...
    It's about who expects it. So you think fans expected Tim to be better than David in his rookie season or that Pop did?
    WRT to recency, the only other candidate for that expectation that I can think of would be Wilt.
    It boils down to having a historically ty team around Victor, not about how well the rookie is doing (though he's doing great considering). This is why I say it's bad to expect the 1st year guy to be the best at both ends. No one looks at Chet and questions why he's not the best on both ends.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    It litteraly never happened in NBA’s history.

And PATFO and their sniffers act as if this strategy was common sense
    This is why Victor should be graded as a rookie, not as a star.

Thread Information