Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama currently has 79 steals and 217 blocks in 1828 minutes, with 138 fouls.
    Gobert has 40 steals and 137 blocks in 2174 minutes, with 197 fouls.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/goberru01.html
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...wembavi01.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama is the DPOY, even if he doesn't get it from the useless pundits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will win multiple its alright to give his boy gobert his last

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it is obvious to everybody that Wemby is the DPOY but they won't give it to him because he is part of a losing team even though this is an individual award

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He probably won't win it this year because the team sucks. But the way this guy plays the game, if the team start improving you can legit see him getting 10 straight DPOY if he stays healthy. Voters fatigue will kick in but he'll be deserving every year. I just read a post somewhere he already has more steals and blocks than Goberts DPOY year, same with Jaren Jackson Jnr etc. This is as a rookie with limited minutes. Its quite insane really.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby realistically is the best, most impactful Defensive player in the league right now and rightfully deserves it. His on/off numbers speak to that as well. But you're not winning DPOY when your team is 28th ranked Defense in the league unfortunately. Just not gonna happen. Wemby is a victim of cir stance in this situation. PATFO desperately need to surround him with capable defenders this offseason, just as badly as they do capable shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby will win multiple its alright to give his boy gobert his last
    It’s undeserved, and it’s not OK. Wemby earned it, and even Gobert probably knows it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Timmy Dunker, much rather stack Chips.

s given what media losers vote = zero.

The winner is selected by a panel of 124 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Just like Timmy Dunker, much rather stack Chips.

s given what media losers vote = zero.

The winner is selected by a panel of 124 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s undeserved, and it’s not OK. Wemby earned it, and even Gobert probably knows it.

dont be so miserable. Wemby will get his

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the worst Wemby will be defensively.
    If they give him DPOY now he will get it the rest of his career.
    Media doesn't want that because they care far more about narrative than actual deservingness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the worst Wemby will be defensively.
    If they give him DPOY now he will get it the rest of his career.
    Media doesn't want that because they care far more about narrative than actual deservingness
    Yeah,I don’t care about narrative. If MJ or LeBron deserve 9 straight MVPs, give it to them. It’s about who’s best,not who’s turn it is. enough of the participation trophies.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah,I don’t care about narrative. If MJ or LeBron deserve 9 straight MVPs, give it to them. It’s about who’s best,not who’s turn it is. enough of the participation trophies.
    I agree with this. If someone can't be dethroned, so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama is the DPOY, even if he doesn't get it from the useless pundits.
    Agree. Been thinking this He deserves to win it . Moreso if Goberts in contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan has never been DPOY because of these kinds of stats. Bruce Bowen was named to the All Defensive Team thanks to his impact on his team's victories, not stats. The award has always been given to a player who makes his team win. The stats illustrate a reality of the game, they are not performances. It's cherry picking. When the stats contradict the facts, you twist them so that they serve your narrative. The facts: basketball is a team game, only the ROY award has always been given to a player despite the performance of a team, and the Spurs are a bad team. Do you want to see Victor DPOY? Give him good defenders in the draft and stop asking for the trade of bad PG defenders who will not improve the standing of the team. Do you want to give the award this year to Victor? So you would like him to be awarded every year thanks to his stats? So Westbrook should have been MVP at least five times and Doncic deserves to be this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Duncan has never been DPOY because of these kinds of stats. Bruce Bowen was named to the All Defensive Team thanks to his impact on his team's victories, not stats. The award has always been given to a player who makes his team win. The stats illustrate a reality of the game, they are not performances. It's cherry picking. When the stats contradict the facts, you twist them so that they serve your narrative. The facts: basketball is a team game, only the ROY award has always been given to a player despite the performance of a team, and the Spurs are a bad team. Do you want to see Victor DPOY? Give him good defenders in the draft and stop asking for the trade of bad PG defenders who will not improve the standing of the team. Do you want to give the award this year to Victor? So you would like him to be awarded every year thanks to his stats? So Westbrook should have been MVP at least five times and Doncic deserves to be this year.
    Then call it the ing defensive team award. The fact is that there is no player in the league that is as impactful, both with the eye test,and with advance stats like on/off numbers. The spurs are raised higher when he’s on than the Wolves are with Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves are a top 5 defense with and without Gobert. Spurs are top 10 with Wemby and bottom 5 without.

By your metric Victor should still win.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea that we should delay giving a player his due because he's a rookie, or it's "not his time" and "he's going to win several in his career" is ludicrous, and anyone who votes with league tenure as a criterion should be stripped of his voting rights.

I don't want to tempt the basketball gods here, but what if that rookie suffers a career-ending leg injury the next year? What if they're never the same player?

You give it to the player who deserves it that year. Plenty of other criteria worthy of debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had a thread about the crack down on foul baiting, but I couldn't find it so I'll post this here:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had a thread about the crack down on foul baiting, but I couldn't find it so I'll post this here:

Crazy that offensive rating is still that high even despite FTR going down to near-historic levels. Teams really have figured out the concept that 3>2 and how to work with the increased spacing that that realization has produced.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young's trade value just took a hit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Young's trade value just took a hit.
    As did James Harden’s extension talk leverage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gobert does not hold a candle even to rookie Wemby which is awfully great for us!

Thread Information