My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woo boy!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The signs are there for a potential leap. We are murdering teams on assists most games. Some of our up and down young players went on the road and scrapped and have been playing more consistently since the RRT. The challenge was having such a young team in a grown man’s league, you don’t have a realistic expectation of a lot of wins when you are the youngest team in the league.
    You still don’t get it…

First with ur obsession of number of assits, that probably was high as last season (just a guess tbh) and is mainly linked to lack of talent that requires more ball movement to create open shots vs iso / talent.

Second you again miss the main issue that is the personnel. Age/inexperience is just an extra handicap. But the talent isn’t there however long you wait. Tre Jones or Champagnie, for a good game here and there shouldn’t be starting a game or having that much PT

Let’s enjoy the win but big picture nothing changes much, only good thing is those stat lines can only put pressure on PATFO to be active next summer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His highlight of the night was almost injuring our franchise player
    lol, word. I missed the first half, thanks for the heads up ha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You still don’t get it…

First with ur obsession of number of assits, that probably was high as last season (just a guess tbh) and is mainly linked to lack of talent that requires more ball movement to create open shots vs iso / talent.

Second you again miss the main issue that is the personnel. Age/inexperience is just an extra handicap. But the talent isn’t there however long you wait. Tre Jones or Champagnie, for a good game here and there shouldn’t be starting a game or having that much PT

Let’s enjoy the win but big picture nothing changes much, only good thing is those stat lines can only put pressure on PATFO to be active next summer
    yeah, Tre is a Jacque Vaughan type of backup PG and Champegnie shouldn't be sniffing minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tanking
    purposely tanking
    have nothing to play for but winning 3 in a row
    the tank squad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tanking
    purposely tanking
    have nothing to play for but winning 3 in a row
    the tank squad
    Spurs aren't tanking, they are just bad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn wheres the damn defense? allowing a wanker like brunson to go 61pts is horse ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like with another player or two we may catapult into a top 5 team in this league.
    This teams needs to change 4/5 of its roster for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

Pop really meant what he said in pre season press conference (« this season is about winning … ») for all the doubts we had, those last few games really don’t leave anymore place for those…

It’s actually scary how badly PATFO evaluated this roster when u think about it

As for Sochan’s experiment, it wasn’t a way to « soft tank » and help him work on his handles amd playmaking, it was just because Pop knows Tre shouldn’t be a starter and hoped Sochan’s defense would compensate his offense.

Same goes for the bench that kept being improvised and not anticipated properly…

Now add the fact that nobody, PATFO included had anticipated how good Wemby would be and the big picture is even scarier and unflattering…

They’re lucky Wemby hides their incompetence tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be fair, the BS jump ball violation was key in the end

wtf was that? First time I see that in 20 years
    The last out of bounds call on the Spurs was clearly off Mitc Robinson. These things tend to even out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fkn wheres the damn defense? allowing a wanker like brunson to go 61pts is horse ...
    You’re such a ing moron. Jalen Brunson is going to be All NBA this year.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comments after a 4 pt win are so drastically different than the comments after a 4 pt loss lol. We lose and the talk is Pop sucks, he can't coach and everybody sucks and should be traded except Wemby. We win and now we only need a good draft pick or two to make this team truly compe ive. You guys are so funny smh lol
    Did you watch the game? Wemby was the only Spurs player doing anything in the second half. They would have lost by 20 without him. This team still sucks, Pop still sucks, they still need at least two starters and three bench players to be anywhere close to a competent team (assuming Wemby is not a top 5 player next year, which is possible, i guess, but simply a waste). A couple of draft picks are not going to help. Rookies are almost never net positive players, and this draft is worse than most.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you watch the game? Wemby was the only Spurs player doing anything in the second half. They would have lost by 20 without him. This team still sucks, Pop still sucks, they still need at least two starters and three bench players to be anywhere close to a competent team (assuming Wemby is not a top 5 player next year, which is possible, i guess, but simply a waste). A couple of draft picks are not going to help. Rookies are almost never net positive players, and this draft is worse than most.
    I wasn't getting that deep with what I was saying. I'm primarily talking about the emotional mood swings of comments from game to game. It's just funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was an exciting game. we blew a comfortable lead, they took the lead, we took it back and held on barely. Brunson and Wemby put on an absolute show.

Please send Tre some aloe vera plants...he will need them to aid in his recovery of the absolute burn that Brunson gave him. Tre may be in ICU for a few weeks after that game. He entered the game looking like Dennis Johnson and came out looking like Dennis Schroder.

I have to give props to Robinson. He was basically playing on 1 leg, but was out there battling and helping to keep the Knicks alive. He showed a ton of heart and passion. I hope that our guys saw that and learned something.

I love that little move and smirk after Wemby hit that late 3. I think it would make an absolutely great meme. Of course, nothing tops the meme of Duncan being all gangsta'd out watching Dwight exit the floor.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's be fair, the BS jump ball violation was key in the end

wtf was that? First time I see that in 20 years
    not really, that also happened in a few games this year and the knicks also stole the tip in the OT tipoff…

the ref releases the ball and the player tips it while ball is still - on the way up

it was a legit call

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I have noticed over the last two seasons.....Our guys can shoot lights out for a quarter or even a half, but then they disappear. We do not have that guy who can light it up for the entire game. Vassell is the closest thing we have to that, but he is still a bit streaky.

Other teams seem to have 1 or 2 guys that are just absolute assassins from the perimeter. Night in and night out, all game long, they are just snipers, especially when they play against us. For some reason, when they see SA on the schedule, they bring their HOF ability.

We definitely need 2 guys, one starter and one off the bench, who can come in and just be a sniper.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Knicks can't say anything. They know that 1st banner up there is on missing posters in their area code.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This teams needs to change 4/5 of its roster for that.
    You over estimate the other teams. Only Boston looks like a historically formidable team, such as what could have competed with a prime Spurs team of the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I have noticed over the last two seasons.....Our guys can shoot lights out for a quarter or even a half, but then they disappear. We do not have that guy who can light it up for the entire game. Vassell is the closest thing we have to that, but he is still a bit streaky.

Other teams seem to have 1 or 2 guys that are just absolute assassins from the perimeter. Night in and night out, all game long, they are just snipers, especially when they play against us. For some reason, when they see SA on the schedule, they bring their HOF ability.

We definitely need 2 guys, one starter and one off the bench, who can come in and just be a sniper.
    The biggest thing that annoys is the percentage of wide open 3 PT shots we miss. That seems like the main thing separating the Spurs from a consistently legit NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally what I've been saying all year long.

the tank squad

Thread Information