Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Sure he does, just not publicly

It too simplistic and disrespectfull to label Bol Bol as being lazy, it's going to stick with him
    Who called him lazy? I don't think anyone gives Bol Bol a second thought if Shaq doesn't make the comments. Instead you have a lot of people looking at Bol Bol's highlights to see if Shaq is right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who called him lazy? I don't think anyone gives Bol Bol a second thought if Shaq doesn't make the comments. Instead you have a lot of people looking at Bol Bol's highlights to see if Shaq is right.
    Shaq keeps repeating the same narrative to justify his comparison with Wemby

Basically laziness is the only reason Bol Bil isn't at his level

First it's stupidly simplistic, 2nd it attaches "lazy" to his name bc ppl know Shaq has known him since he's a child

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Maybe Shaq knows he's lazy. It's obvious though that Shaq doesn't have an objective POV.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O'Neal bringing up Bol every time Wembanyama is being discussed isn't because he's supposedly known him since childhood so much as it (always) is his pettiness and insecurity with other great big men.

Anyone who has a chance to become considered greater or he perceives as much, he constantly downplays and disrespects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2023-24 NBA Awards: Will Nikola Jokic Win MVP Again? - The Ringer

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/4...ic-luka-doncic

Great case for Wemby for DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least with the MVP award, there is a bias to "spread it around" and give it to a new recipient rather than always awarding the same player. For example, they chose Embiid over Jokic last year largely due to "voter fatigue."

Does the same bias not exist with DPOY? Because if it does, voters should have fatigue with Gobert. That might be one factor working in VW's favor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least with the MVP award, there is a bias to "spread it around" and give it to a new recipient rather than always awarding the same player. For example, they chose Embiid over Jokic last year largely due to "voter fatigue."

Does the same bias not exist with DPOY? Because if it does, voters should have fatigue with Gobert. That might be one factor working in VW's favor.
    Long stoy short, the vast majority of fans, any players or coaches asked about think it's obvious Wemby is the DPOY.

Some journalists (Russilo Windhorst and others) have been "trying" to push for it as well, but every time they do it, you can see how defensive they are bc of the dogma in their profesion about the importance of team results in an .... individual award.

Because of that there's a +80% chance Wemby won't get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

gobert has won it once in the last 4 years, so i dont think it will factor in much

last year philly also had a better record than denver, embiid was the scoring champ and a better defensive presence than jokic, so arguments were there

i think wemby is a worthy candidate but i believe gobert will be the runaway winner

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems like nba has it all backward...

Gobert has much better defenders all around him and this makes his job easier and he had a good season...

Victor has garbage players all around him - making his job twice as hard and Victor had a historic great season...

Victor has beat Gobert in every statistical department - DESPITE having zero help.

No brainer.

edit -

add this also: This "victor will in it a bunch of times" is so wrong and arrogant as we dont know what could happen in the future - so just throwing a couple of these away is just absurd IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add Garnett and Pierce as lobbists for Wemby DPOY

But who cares about ppl who actually played the game...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby for MIP, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembys gonna own this award as long as he wants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think most players would have a problem with Victor getting the DPOY, unless that player is in the talks for it themselves. I've never seen a player affect the decisions of the other teams' entire offense just by being on the court. Even greats like Kawhi wouldn't do that, since they were mostly 1:1 defenders with ability to help.
    Kawhi is still the most impactful defensive player of the NBA in terms of points differential, Victor being second. When locked up Kawhi is still a beast, hopefully he will as usual break his legs but when healthy, Kawhi is a defensive monster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq keeps repeating the same narrative to justify his comparison with Wemby

Basically laziness is the only reason Bol Bil isn't at his level

First it's stupidly simplistic, 2nd it attaches "lazy" to his name bc ppl know Shaq has known him since he's a child
    Shaq is joking around with Bol Bol, he knows his beginning of the year take was , he is just now playing along

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq is joking around with Bol Bol, he knows his beginning of the year take was , he is just now playing along
    Well, considering how long it took him to own the DRob lie, don’t hold your breath waiting for him to come correct with this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know. Nobody ever took him seriously anyways

But his running joke has attached "lazy" to Bol Bol's name. It's so unnecessary espacially if you're supposed to be close to the kid.

Thread Information