Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edeys 7'10 wingspan is interesting. It would be nice if he could slim up a little bit and get more mobility, but I'm not sure that's in the cards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Sottooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to the Spurs

what if

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once we've all realized that Edey has dominated a top 10 pick with some size we should also have realized that he's probably gonna do the same also against the nba bigs... And his body seems to react well at extended minutes. Imho there are not a lot of players actually that can give you a 2 point percentage like the one Edey is projectanle of... Because it's clear that his combination of height, weight and size makes him practically unstoppable in the paint from quite any nba center... And talking about switching, once he's there there's no way an nba power forward (ecccept maybe antetokumpo) can defend him. I'm all on for drafting him if we have 2 lottery picks... Because I don't see in this draft any player clearly better than him and because we actually already have the personnel to play with him (help defenders like Wemby, Sochan and Vassell are perfect for that)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a shot to create a mismatch inside drafting Edey. Teams would be forced to adapt to our new twin towers. They can take their 40% 3 point clunks and eat a d$&k. Edey & Wemby would have a 75% fg percentage close to the rim.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a shot to create a mismatch inside drafting Edey. Teams would be forced to adapt to our new twin towers. They can take their 40% 3 point clunks and eat a d$&k. Edey & Wemby would have a 75% fg percentage close to the rim.
    That spacing with Tre Jones and Sochan, nasty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to draft a big, the question should be Edey, Clingan or Sarr, I suppose.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to draft a big, the question should be Edey, Clingan or Sarr, I suppose.
    Sarr will go 1st overall and unless the spurs get the top pick which isn't likely they aren't going to be able to draft Sarr.

Clingan and Edey will be available with the Spurs pick most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw Luke Garza is the 15th man on the Wolves, even with KAT injured. That's what happens to dominant college stiffs in the NBA, tbh. Garza can't sniff playing time even though he has a three point shot, something these two guys don't have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw Luke Garza is the 15th man on the Wolves, even with KAT injured. That's what happens to dominant college stiffs in the NBA, tbh. Garza can't sniff playing time even though he has a three point shot, something these two guys don't have.
    Garza has just a decent 3 point shot but he never had the interior dominance that Edey has shown for 2 seasons in a row... And that's explicable having less height (16 cm less), weight (20 kg less) and size. Nor he had 2 times best ncaa player of the year award nor the ncaa career on the march madness. You seem Tu underestimate to the maximum level what a big freak like Edey can do at any level of adequately used... And with a player like Wemby you can be sure he would be adequately served on the paint for the dimple reason that the pass will came from an height that very few people in the league can reach (also if they jump).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garza has just a decent 3 point shot but he never had the interior dominance that Edey has shown for 2 seasons in a row... And that's explicable having less height (16 cm less), weight (20 kg less) and size. Nor he had 2 times best ncaa player of the year award nor the ncaa career on the march madness. You seem Tu underestimate to the maximum level what a big freak like Edey can do at any level of adequately used... And with a player like Wemby you can be sure he would be adequately served on the paint for the dimple reason that the pass will came from an height that very few people in the league can reach (also if they jump).
    I saw it with Boban, a much bigger, much more skilled player than Edey. It doesn't work in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once we've all realized that Edey has dominated a top 10 pick with some size we should also have realized that he's probably gonna do the same also against the nba bigs... And his body seems to react well at extended minutes. Imho there are not a lot of players actually that can give you a 2 point percentage like the one Edey is projectanle of... Because it's clear that his combination of height, weight and size makes him practically unstoppable in the paint from quite any nba center... And talking about switching, once he's there there's no way an nba power forward (ecccept maybe antetokumpo) can defend him. I'm all on for drafting him if we have 2 lottery picks... Because I don't see in this draft any player clearly better than him and because we actually already have the personnel to play with him (help defenders like Wemby, Sochan and Vassell are perfect for that)..
    Two pointers as your weapon loses games. You guys are ALL only looking at the offensive side of the ball. They’ll put him in the pick and roll,switch him, and destroy him with the 3 ball. If Clint Capela, one of the bounciest most athletic centers in the league can get played off the floor in the playoffs so badly that his team salary dumped him as a result, Edey would have no chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , i'm not even sure how edey would fit on the offensive side of the ball. i mean, he's gonna clog up the paint. and he'd be a bad fit with wemby. wemby needs an athletic and agile big next to him, not a burly center who would spend his time in the blocks.
    Last edited by rjv; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:14 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , i'm not even how edey would fit on the offensive side of the ball. i mean, he's gonna clog up the paint. and he'd be a bad fit with wemby. wemby needs an athletic and agile big next to him, not a burly center who would spend his time in the blocks.
    I'd really like for people who think we should get another big next to Wemby to explain their takes.
    Wemby is a rookie and he's already proven he's good enough to match up with these few elite bigs that the league has. He doesn't need a bruiser alongside him to play those matchups.

And offensive end is self-explnatory. Zero need for a big whatsoever if we have Wemby.
    Another big would just make it easy for opposition bigs.

There are two ways to build around Wemby.
    Either stock up on 3-D wings and get an elite playmaker that's going to run everything and share the ball with Wemby. (easier route)
    Or get multiple all-round perimeter players who can share the ball and playmake without taking too much away from their teammates. (way more difficult to find such players)

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Spurs need a couple real 3 and D guys and their top priority should be getting a real PG. These guys cannot even walk the ball up the floor without turning it over, can't see the floor, don't understand passing lanes and spatial relationships well enough to be effective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two pointers as your weapon loses games. You guys are ALL only looking at the offensive side of the ball. They’ll put him in the pick and roll,switch him, and destroy him with the 3 ball. If Clint Capela, one of the bounciest most athletic centers in the league can get played off the floor in the playoffs so badly that his team salary dumped him as a result, Edey would have no chance.
    That's fairly generic, conventional wisdom analysis, I'll give you that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fairly generic, conventional wisdom analysis, I'll give you that.
    You think other teams never thought about doubling down with post bigs to punish small lineups? Like for years after the 2015 defensive rule changes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA refs won't allow these giants to operate and star whistle merchants like SGA and Luka will gameplan to deliberately drive into the heart of Edey or Clingan and draw fouls on them and the refs will reward them so it's 2 quick ones and your giant is on the bench until second half.

Bogut got played off the court for the Warriors and seems like a turning point where bigs have since been diminished in the league. Teams will go small and run on him and expose him. Non stretch bigs are too hyper specialized imho. Now in the second round maybe that's a value. If you wanted to refresh the Bassey mins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still think SGA is a free throw merchant?

its just statistically untrue

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw it with Boban, a much bigger, much more skilled player than Edey. It doesn't work in today's NBA.
    Ok, it is certain that Boban is not bigger than Edey, they are roughly tied.

Boban 7'4" (with shoes), 7'10" Wingspan, 290 lbs
    Edey 7'3.25" (no shoes), 7'10.5" Wingspan, 306 lbs (as of last draft camp)

Skill might favor Boban, but Edey might be closer than many think. Coming into the NBA, Boban averaged 1.14 a/g with 1.22 to/g in his last season with KK Crvena Zvezda. Edey senior season with Purdue: 2.03 a/g and 2.31 to/g. The ratio are pretty close.

The really big difference appears to be stamina: Boban was averaging 22 mpg, Edey averaged 32 mpg (neither had any significant fouls issues). And stamina has been a significant issue for Boban in the league; he can get run off the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still think SGA is a free throw merchant?

its just statistically untrue
    SGA statistically leads the 23-24 league in FTM and is second in the 23-24 league in FTA. I'm literally just going by stat truth but suppose I'm open to the argumental stat interpretation on what percentage of those free throws were sought or valid. Eye test on SGA this season there were a lot of bailouts but that's just spectator anecdotal. You know SGA has the reputation so arguing if it's warranted is another thing altogether though I'd welcome a supported counter stance.

Giannis is another one I'd say disproportionately seeks a whistle imho if you want to subs ute examples lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA statistically leads the 23-24 league in FTM and is second in the 23-24 league in FTA. I'm literally just going by stat truth but suppose I'm open to the argumental stat interpretation on what percentage of those free throws were sought or valid. Eye test on SGA this season there were a lot of bailouts but that's just spectator anecdotal. You know SGA has the reputation so arguing if it's warranted is another thing altogether though I'd welcome a supported counter stance.

Giannis is another one I'd say disproportionately seeks a whistle imho if you want to subs ute examples lol.
    SGA drives a lot

SGA doesn’t crack the top 10 in foul rate on drives, but leads all guards in layup attempts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see that, thanks for the data/interpretation

Still say some of the whistles feel like gimmie/star treatment to a degree but you drive more frequently you oughta get rewarded and it may come in proportional volume

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can draft Edey with the SRP IF he's there and figure out if he's worth a contract later. Probably won't be still be there at 33, so I wouldn't sweat it. Edey is an interesting counterpoint in style for when VW sits. But how much of a liability would he be? Interesting question.

Thread Information