Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "On SiriusXM ESPN’s Brian Windhorst said Spurs aren’t looking to make big moves/trades this summer and will instead focus on the 2025 Draft."

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2024...es-this-summer
    Last edited by TimmyBuckets; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:18 AM.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's draft Sarr in this draft and get Flagg in 2025.

Triple Tower!

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to Sochan PG experiment 2.0

Believe.
    Post Count
    Just start Wesley at pg and Branham at sg, wash, rinse & repeat for fluffy clean tank-top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can do both, focus on draft and make a decent sized move. I honestly have a feeling of a DDR reunion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might not but the spurs will certainly be better next year. Wemby is on the rise and all these losers of other fanbases can do is D+ level of trolling lol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for another year, then get rookies who need years of experience. Seriously?

But, from listening to the current "spurs" fans, they will put up with it. They've been putting up with it for the last 8 yrs or so. Basketball fans left the Spurs a long time ago. And not just the Spurs, the NBA overall. A few of us came back to watch Wemby, but probably won't watch this miserable team tank yet another year.

The NBA as a whole isn't as much fun to watch as it was years ago. Plain vanilla, all teams doing the same thing (including half time shows and stuff like the hype squads.) It's become geneous crap. 3 Point shooting and inside dunks. Teams didn't have to copy Curry and most have been unsuccessful doing it anway. Look at POP and the Spurs. There's only one Curry.

There is no individuality in teams anymore. They all look the same. Coaching staffs all look alike with their star-trek uniforms. In-Game promos all look the same. Everything looks "controlled" and genized. It's 1984 type of genization. It's not so much about Basketball anymore...it's about being actively woke.

And POP is right in the thick of it. His influence over the league through all his assistants has helped genize the entire league. And POP has become the definition of Woke. "Some guys didn't want to hear the history of Africa, they just wanted to play basketball." - Lamarcus Aldridge.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:46 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They better focus on this draft with Atlanta and Toronto picks... come on now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I believe the spurs will take the slow build, everything out there is on the table with Wemby on the team now. NBA is unpredictable and after playoffs no telling what guys will be asking out

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank for another year, then get rookies who need years of experience. Seriously?

But, from listening to the current "spurs" fans, they will put up with it. They've been putting up with it for the last 8 yrs or so. Basketball fans left the Spurs a long time ago. And not just the Spurs, the NBA overall. A few of us came back to watch Wemby, but probably won't watch this miserable team tank yet another year.

The NBA as a whole isn't as much fun to watch as it was years ago. Plain vanilla, all teams doing the same thing (including half time shows and stuff like the hype squads.) It's become geneous crap. 3 Point shooting and inside dunks. Teams didn't have to copy Curry and most have been unsuccessful doing it anway. Look at POP and the Spurs. There's only one Curry.

There is no individuality in teams anymore. They all look the same. Coaching staffs all look alike with their star-trek uniforms. In-Game promos all look the same. Everything looks "controlled" and genized. It's 1984 type of genization. It's not so much about Basketball anymore...it's about being actively woke.

And POP is right in the thick of it. His influence over the league through all his assistants has helped genize the entire league. And POP has become the definition of Woke. "Some guys didn't want to hear the history of Africa, they just wanted to play basketball." - Lamarcus Aldridge.
    I was agreeing with you for awhile but then blaming everything on Wokeness is a very odd and thin argument. Curry changed the game. Analytics changed the game. The internet changed the game. Capitalism changed the game. Woke advertising is there I suppose but it's mostly just corporate advertising and marketing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coaching staffs all look alike with their star-trek uniforms. I

Spurs fan at Princeton Ginobili2Duncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. This year’s draft class is mediocre at best and the Spurs will be lucky to come away with a decent starter this year. The FA class doesn’t look promising either. The 2025 draft class appears to give the Spurs a much better chance at finding a Robin for Wemby. It’s not popular with the fans and the media but this isn’t 2K Dynasty Mode where you can go from worst to first in a year with a high draft pick or make a few bogus trades with the CPU. Building a real contender organically takes time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many supposed "fans" on this site that are ok with their team being last place in the West. If the Spurs remain with the same team we will be the 14th seed next year. It's sad that the Blazers couldn't out tank us this year.

This whole team needs a roster overhaul. It needs a coaching overhaul. And after Brian Wrong chooses the wrong person this draft, it's going to need a front office overhaul as well. There are zero strengths on this team outside of Wemby. And people here defend bad basketball play and mediocrity on this site religiously bc they are supposed "fans." Fans of what? Losing? Bc if you're a Spurs fan this type of news should piss you off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to get better as their younger players develop. I know people here are irrationally low on the last several drafted players, but they are all going to continue to improve. Couple that with Wemby, who will likely make the leap to a top 10 player at worst, and it is hard to see how this team will have a worse record than the other teams that will be tanking for 2025. Our best hope for a low lottery pick is a disaster happening in Atlanta next season leading to a lottery pick. This team as constructed still won't make the playoffs...the west is too damn good. But they'll be picking at like 10-14, not top 3. That's my prediction, at least, unless something goes horribly wrong in S.A.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are so many supposed "fans" on this site that are ok with their team being last place in the West. If the Spurs remain with the same team we will be the 14th seed next year. It's sad that the Blazers couldn't out tank us this year.

This whole team needs a roster overhaul. It needs a coaching overhaul. And after Brian Wrong chooses the wrong person this draft, it's going to need a front office overhaul as well. There are zero strengths on this team outside of Wemby. And people here defend bad basketball play and mediocrity on this site religiously bc they are supposed "fans." Fans of what? Losing? Bc if you're a Spurs fan this type of news should piss you off.
    Spot on.
    For years, if not decades, we laughed at teams stuck in infinite loops of tanking and rebuilding.
    It was always obvious that competent front offices and coaches get it done with way less and that no team needs to spend 5 years in the lottery, which has started happening more and more often.
    Competent teams get it done with next to nothing, incompetent ones get complacent and rely on lottery odds. When those odds don't work out, they've got no clue how to draft the best player available.
    Look at the teams with longest lottery streaks right now, it's Hornets followed by Pistons and Spurs.
    Three teams that are still garbage, despite many lottery seasons.

When will mainstream Spurs media start asking questions about PATFO?
    If not for 14% odds going our way, we'd be two years away from being two years away. Four lottery picks on the roster already, with one more coming up.
    And people want more tanking? For what? So they can pile up more charity cases?

All of PATFO's mistakes ever since nephew took a on everything were erased in last year's lottery. No point thinking about those decisions anymore.
    But if they up the draft yet again someone needs to go. It's been long overdue.

Right now this roster has nothing other than Wemby.
    Devin is a solid player, but his contract is questionable. He's the most common archetype in the league, scoring wing with limited playmaking and defensive skills. You can find those everywhere.
    Jeremy is a fundamentally flawed player who needs improvements in way too many areas to ever be anything more than a glue guy off the bench.
    Others are not worth mentioning. I'd really like to hear from posters who think others on this roster have a future as rotation players on playoff teams. Do you guys even watch other teams around the league?
    We're so bad we just grasp for straws and try to stay positive. Someone makes a couple of layups or open shots, you'll have posts about their potential in here. No, Blake Wesley will never be a good NBA player. Neither will Branham or Champagnie. Their best case ceiling is 10th man for regular season rotation that doesn't even play in the playoffs. You don't waste seasons waiting for such players to develop.

I just want to hear the discussions they had before giving Collins that extension. Was there a single team in the league that was thinking about giving $32M to Collins making PATFO react?
    I'm sick of family atmosphere and we like what we have bull . Yeh, Collins' recovery is a great story, but it doesn't warrant a $32M extension. Spurs saved his career when noone wanted him, he's forever indebted, not the other way around.

I can get behind waiting for the next year's draft, but not going for a star player right away doesn't mean they shouldn't do anything.
    This team desperately needs two good veterans. One at point and the other one at wing. No ifs or buts. Having a trash team with no structure whatsoever just stagnates everyone's development.
    Winning is the best way to develop young players. Losing builds bad habits and ruins players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not getting a star doesn’t mean “the same team”. They could very well do what Houston did, signing a couple of selected vets, and improving by 17 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan to have a top 5 pick in 2025 is to completely suck again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 2 picks in 25 and the Atlanta one could be decent. Spurs don't have to suck to get a good pick, can always try trading up too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have 2 picks in 25 and the Atlanta one could be decent. Spurs don't have to suck to get a good pick, can always try trading up too.
    Which may or may not be top 5.
    Aren't the sure fire Robbins going to be gone by pick 6? If not sooner?
    And who is going to trade down with the Spurs.

Sounds to me like completely suck is going to be utilized with Pop leading a *threepeat.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall, sounds like a vague comment that Brian Windbag is making. Context is important, and it seems to be lacking, at least from the small drip of this tweet, or whatever. Not to be too autistic about this, but they need to focus on this draft first. These Spurs nuggets feel like Buddhist koans, full of everything and nothing.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You people are so ing stupid. Can't even talk sports without injecting your political nonsense. You losers can't die off fast enough. You got a real ing problem when you can't function without political spin.

This banana. So yellow. So woke.

ing pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good video on the topic

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of teams will fall off in the West next season, either way we will make the playoffs. With moves, top 4. Without, bottom 4/play in. Don't make this too complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to get better as their younger players develop. I know people here are irrationally low on the last several drafted players, but they are all going to continue to improve. Couple that with Wemby, who will likely make the leap to a top 10 player at worst, and it is hard to see how this team will have a worse record than the other teams that will be tanking for 2025. Our best hope for a low lottery pick is a disaster happening in Atlanta next season leading to a lottery pick. This team as constructed still won't make the playoffs...the west is too damn good. But they'll be picking at like 10-14, not top 3. That's my prediction, at least, unless something goes horribly wrong in S.A.
    This is sound logic, save for the fact that we just sat through an entire year where those young players + the addition of Wemby led to zero improvement from the year before. A lot of people made this exact statement after we drafted Wemby, yet, here we are.

Thread Information