My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's say it's true, the Spurs are not going to make any big moves this offseason.
    What reasonable move are you really hoping for, may it be a reasonable Draft pick, a free agent signing, or getting rid of a player (spare us the fire Pop stuff!)?

I'm in the sign Tyus Jones camp. As Wemby is really working well with Tre, I'm all for doubling up on such minutes (e.g. keeping Tre and maybe even running some double PG minutes against certain matchups). I believe we don't need a Star PG with Wembys playmaking skills and the Wemby/Jones synergy and could use our recources on wings, that help in a better way.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For pop to stop playing make a wish draft picks over players with actual talent like Mamu

Post Count
    Mon souhait pour cet été

DRAFT

Nikola Topic

Tall point guard, perhaps the purest talent in this draft. He has excellent vision and great passing quality. Is a good scorer. Some of his qualities are reminiscent of Luka Doncic: very good at finishing thanks to a great mastery of fundamentals and his body. His changes of pace are remarkable. His shot is correct and needs to continue to be worked on. Has a very nice left hand. An impeccable mentality, hardworking, leader.

With pick of Raptors :

Cody Williams

physical: In the vein of his brother Jalen Williams, only bigger! 6'8 for CW versus 6'5 for JW)
    Qualities: very good defender, particularly away from the ball, avoids screens well. Very good in finishing near the circle, uses his left hand well. Shoot more and more efficiently. Game vision and passing game in clear progress, Good mentality, person discreet, not very expressive
    Faults: must gain muscle mass, must continue to progress from a distance, in the handle,
    in playing the game
    a Jalen Williams 7 cm taller

FREE AGENT

Isaiah Hartenstein
    Grayson Allen
    Nicolas Batum
    Last edited by Sentenza; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mon souhait pour cet été

DRAFT

Nikola Topic

Tall point guard, perhaps the purest talent in this draft. He has excellent vision and great passing quality. Is a good scorer. Some of his qualities are reminiscent of Luka Doncic: very good at finishing thanks to a great mastery of fundamentals and his body. His changes of pace are remarkable. His shot is correct and needs to continue to be worked on. Has a very nice left hand. An impeccable mentality, hardworking, leader.

With pick of Raptors :

Cody Williams

physical: In the vein of his brother Jalen Williams, only bigger! 6'8 for CW versus 6'5 for JW)
    Qualities: very good defender, particularly away from the ball, avoids screens well. Very good in finishing near the circle, uses his left hand well. Shoot more and more efficiently. Game vision and passing game in clear progress, Good mentality, person discreet, not very expressive
    Faults: must gain muscle mass, must continue to progress from a distance, in the handle,
    in playing the game

FREE AGENT

Isaiah Hartenstein
    Grayson Allen
    Nicolas Batum
    I dont like grayson allen

Post Count

G.Allen is like Bruce Bowen! You hate him when he's not on your team, but you love him when he plays for you! That's why we need this guy!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G.Allen is like Bruce Bowen! You hate him when he's not on your team, but you love him when he plays for you! That's why we need this guy!!!
    Bruce bowen? Cmon man he's nowhere near bruce bowen's defense..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Bruce bowen? Cmon man he's nowhere near bruce bowen's defense..
    I don't think that's what he meant. He was saying opposition hates Bruce, but if he's on your team you love him. Probably like Draymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to get rid of tre, he's just not good enough and he's terrible at passing to wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like him either, but he can handle the ball, shoot at a HIGH level, and defend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swap Tre Jones for his brother

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mon souhait pour cet été

DRAFT

Nikola Topic

With pick of Raptors :

Cody Williams

in playing the game

FREE AGENT

Isaiah Hartenstein
    Grayson Allen
    Nicolas Batum
    Have you seen Topic play whole games by chance?

I agree on the description but it more theorical that real as of now...

I'm with u with Cody as well, we're not manu to agree tho, his size, wingspan and mobility are amazing + I do beleive his brother has to impact him as well

Batum has to be a priority espacially considering they like him a lot in Philly, he'd be so important is so many aspects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fire the coach

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reasonable" being the key word. Spurs ain't gonna fire the coach. Even tho I think it's a reasonable move.

What's the most "reasonable" this unreasonable F/O should do?

Get the best BIG available.

That's a "reasonable," in this environment, move.

Which means, they will get the worst defending PG out there. Because, y'know...it's all about the O and getting Lobs to Wemby.

And so it goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with the love for Batum. The man is 35 years old and his best days were over 5 years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with the love for Batum. The man is 35 years old and his best days were over 5 years ago.

Great all around player, still great 3pts shooter, mentor/vet we desperately need, perdect plug-in depending on matchups

He won't be asked to start of play 30' a game, just 15-20' 3&D with huge role in the locker room

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Package Vassell, KJ and our '24 pick for an excellent, high-level, young-ish NBA player at any position

After watching Wemby run the show, I think that's the way to go. Another player, bordering on the all-star level will balance out the rest of the roster

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season will look something like:

Tre/Topic or Dillingham
    Vassell/Wesley
    Sochan/Keldon
    Mamu/Collins
    Wemby Valanciunas?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop to retire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season will look something like:

Tre/Topic or Dillingham
    Vassell/Wesley
    Sochan/Keldon
    Mamu/Collins
    Wemby Valanciunas?

Why would Tre still be a starter?
    Why keep Wesley?
    I hope we keep Mamu for the rotation, not as a starter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sticking to the idea of a reasonable move I wish for, I'm going to not include the draft because we can't control many of the variables at play. But here is a list of what I would consider reasonable moves, I hope the Spurs take one or more of them:

Sign Malik Monk
    Sign Grayson Allen
    Trade for Naz Reid
    Sign Tobias Harris
    Sign Gordon Hayward

Thread Information