Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that tre - wemby have the worst connection that they could possibly have.
    It's still 100x better than Sochan - Wemby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your back up? You said he struggled to pass to Wemby, I have shown that he hasn't. You moved the goalpost to pick and roll, I showed that Tre's pick and roll game is at the very least decent, and now you are moving the goalpost to assist ratio?

You either back your up or shut up. Continuously moving your goal posts and throwing out random "building a chemistry" is just cowardly.

There was no Tre-Wemby two man game even though Tre had by far the most passes from and to Wemby throughout the season, and those numbers increased significantly since the all star break.

Tre Jones and Wemby have the highest two man combination on the Spurs with a +5.1/100 possessions. With the team having a +5.1 assists compared to the opponents during that time. Of the top 5 2-man combinations on the Spurs, Tre Jones is in four of the five.

Not saying that this it the best the Spurs can do, but Tre Jones and Wemby does play decently well together. I believe there are way better options out there, just not sure if those players are available. I would love to have Jrue Holiday on the team, or Paul George, but that is unlikely to happen, but to throw random assertions about Tre over and over again, with no backup, is lazy. And to double down when proven wrong, then continue to move goalpost just reeks of a lack of integrity.

EDIT:
    Staggering number of missed opportunities? Tre averages 12.1 potential assists per game vs. 6.1 delivered. compared to 6.4/3.9 for Wemby. Compared to, say Chris Paul, who has 13/6.8, or Trae Jones at 18.6/10.1. The ratios are ridiculously far off.

Tyrese Haliburton is at 17.8/10.9
    Luka 16.9/9.3

A ratio of about 2:1 is on the low end, but not outside of the norm, and comparable to players like Chris Paul Devin Booker, Tyrese Maxey, and DJM.
    You just don't understand how to read stats, what can I say...

I already answered all your points, all assists aren't the same, if Tre passes to Wemby top of the key and Wemby does a Shamgod & scores, Tre will get an assist. That's not the same as setting up your man with a pick a roll of a timely lob pass.

What's so hard to understand?

Are you on a mission to protect Private Tre or you just love to argue for the sake of it?

Believe.
    Post Count
    Hartenstein and Malik Monk both will command a decent pay day. Both play a position where our best players play, SG and C.
    Well, when Wemby plays only 30 minutes a game that leaves 18 minutes of awefulness. Hartenstein is so underrated I think he would be worth whatever he costs for that 18 minutes a game. Plus I think he could play with Wemby and let Wemby play the four occasionally. Or use him on the really big boys at times for a break for Wemby. He’s just infinitely better than Collins.

Mallk monk can play PG too so he would be the perfect first guard off the bench to play with whichever starter stays in. And he’s starter quality to boot. I honestly don’t think you can have too many high level guards. Look at Boston with White and Holiday and Prichard.

This is all assuming these guys can be picked up relatively cheap as they are not well known names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im beginning to really like Mamu, which means we’re going to trade him for like a late 2nd round pick and a player who we will waive immediately. Never seems to fail with this front office.
    maybe you're just a curse. stop liking him and he'll retire a spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just don't understand how to read stats, what can I say...

I already answered all your points, all assists aren't the same, if Tre passes to Wemby top of the key and Wemby does a Shamgod & scores, Tre will get an assist. That's not the same as setting up your man with a pick a roll of a timely lob pass.

What's so hard to understand?

Are you on a mission to protect Private Tre or you just love to argue for the sake of it?
    You don’t know how to read your own posts. That’s the issue. Read the part I bolded and increased font to you. You never said anything about assists. Are you this stupid? Read your own posts. You throw on the wall, got called out and kept moving the goal posts. You didn’t talk about assists. You talked about passes. You talked about inability to execute a simple pick and roll. Both have been statistically proven to be wrong.

Read your own posts. Ok? Read your own posts.

If you didn’t get it the first 17 times. Read your own posts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t know how to read your own posts. That’s the issue. Read the part I bolded and increased font to you. You never said anything about assists. Are you this stupid? Read your own posts. You throw on the wall, got called out and kept moving the goal posts. You didn’t talk about assists. You talked about passes. You talked about inability to execute a simple pick and roll. Both have been statistically proven to be wrong.

Read your own posts. Ok? Read your own posts.

If you didn’t get it the first 17 times. Read your own posts.
    At first I was annoyed at your pattern to run circles,

Then I noticed how good you looked on your profile pic.

It all makes sense now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first I was annoyed at your pattern to run circles,

Then I noticed how good you looked on your profile pic.

It all makes sense now.
    So did you read your own posts? Do you finally understand you were talking about passes? Or are you still willfully stupid because you want to win an Internet argument?

You have, once again side stepped your own errors and go off tangents, throwing a tantrum and refuse to own up. You will then go back and repeat and same garbage you’ve been spewing as if nothing has happened. Your posts are extremely low in quality that are often wrong and you have no mental capacity to see that, often going by volume and quan y of your posts rather than quality.

Even your attempted insults are juvenile and lack wit or insight. Really? Attacking a profile picture? I thought you were simply stupid but you somehow manage to shatter that low bar with even worse stunts. However, it would be fitting for you not being able to outwit a gorilla.

Finally, running circles? It’s the exact same point I’ve been making throughout the entire back and forth, passing and pick and rolls, which you originally posted. It was you who kept moving the goalposts. Your stupidity is so jarring, it’s almost profound.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So did you read your own posts? Do you finally understand you were talking about passes? Or are you still willfully stupid because you want to win an Internet argument?

You have, once again side stepped your own errors and go off tangents, throwing a tantrum and refuse to own up. You will then go back and repeat and same garbage you’ve been spewing as if nothing has happened. Your posts are extremely low in quality that are often wrong and you have no mental capacity to see that, often going by volume and quan y of your posts rather than quality.

Even your attempted insults are juvenile and lack wit or insight. Really? Attacking a profile picture? I thought you were simply stupid but you somehow manage to shatter that low bar with even worse stunts. However, it would be fitting for you not being able to outwit a gorilla.

Finally, running circles? It’s the exact same point I’ve been making throughout the entire back and forth, passing and pick and rolls, which you originally posted. It was you who kept moving the goalposts. Your stupidity is so jarring, it’s almost profound.
    Talking about throwing a tantrum...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the game where Tre missed a wide open transition Wemby for a dunk in like the last minute of play in a close game?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the game where Tre missed a wide open transition Wemby for a dunk in like the last minute of play in a close game?
    Not sure but there was a comical (now) stretch where either Tre Vassell or Sochan missed a wide open Wemby that lead to countless memes on internet

I get that Victor is unique and requires a time of adaptation, what bothers me with Tre is that contrary to Vassell I haven't seen any improvements, Victor cought a lot of very bad passes and again recently Tre sent lobs at the top of the board...

Anyway short term he's not the main issue to fix as long as he's on the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like aspects of Tre’s game. He finishes well at the rim, is aggressive and doesn’t seem to panic. But he can’t run the pick & roll with Wemby worth a . I’ve also noticed he doesn’t always recognize & feed the ball to the player with the hot hand. I’m also willing to recognize that some of his issues with play selection may be game plan related and he’s just following orders. I like the way Mamu plays with Wemby, especially the way they run the pick & roll together. I’d like to see him stay with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre: Improves throughout the season and the lineups vastly improve when he plays.

SpursTalk: We gotta get rid of this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talking about throwing a tantrum...
    You really are re ed. Why would you bump a thread that shows you how re ed you are?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s try to not have infighting amongst fellow Spur fans.

I’m an end of thread jumper onto. Did anyone see Tre throw down that dunk against DET? Great moment!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really are re ed. Why would you bump a thread that shows you how re ed you are?
    So that's how you reached +17k posts?? Just pointless arguments and insults?

Also, not only most posts agreed with my take on the same page but contrary to you I dgaf what ppl might think of me, especially on a message board, I'm focused on the topic, not the person. You should try

You're telling a lot about yourself unwittingly sweet ape

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s try to not have infighting amongst fellow Spur fans.

I’m an end of thread jumper onto. Did anyone see Tre throw down that dunk against DET? Great moment!
    Preach

No idea why so many can't stand the idea of a different opinion. It's trully fascinating to observe

And yeah we all rememeber the dunk, it actually reminded me TP's dunk (vs Rockets iircc), both were so unexpected ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that's how you reached +17k posts?? Just pointless arguments and insults?

Also, not only most posts agreed with my take on the same page but contrary to you I dgaf what ppl might think of me, especially on a message board, I'm focused on the topic, not the person. You should try

So now post count smack? It is kind of funny how the responses went back and forth for days, nobody chimed in, and the second your arguments fell to bits, you suddenly disappear from the thread for hours (as compared to responding every 30 mins like you did previously), then the same people who always agree with you suddenly chime in independently and repeated the same thing you said, just all kinds of coincidences there.

Yeah, you are focusing on the topic, not the person, when you have:

Preach

No idea why so many can't stand the idea of a different opinion. It's trully fascinating to observe

And yeah we all rememeber the dunk, it actually reminded me TP's dunk (vs Rockets iircc), both were so unexpected ...
    You mean the mysterious people who suddenly come out and repeat your points, then somehow talk about single specific plays instead of understanding data? I can certainly see how you always takes different opinions in strides, because we certainly haven't seen you repeat the same points that run contrary to statistics the entire year, have people point it out, then you keep repeating the same points after you have nothing to come back to and pretend the entire debate never happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To my untrained eye, Mamu really helps unlock Victor's game. Wemby seems to genuinely enjoy playing with him. Having 2 great passers makes the team so much easier to watch.
    It will be hard to see him replaced with another low IQ player, if that's the case.
    I'd love to see him get another chance here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now post count smack? It is kind of funny how the responses went back and forth for days, nobody chimed in, and the second your arguments fell to bits, you suddenly disappear from the thread for hours (as compared to responding every 30 mins like you did previously), then the same people who always agree with you suddenly chime in independently and repeated the same thing you said, just all kinds of coincidences there.

Yeah, you are focusing on the topic, not the person, when you have:

You mean the mysterious people who suddenly come out and repeat your points, then somehow talk about single specific plays instead of understanding data? I can certainly see how you always takes different opinions in strides, because we certainly haven't seen you repeat the same points that run contrary to statistics the entire year, have people point it out, then you keep repeating the same points after you have nothing to come back to and pretend the entire debate never happened.
    You need to go outside sometimes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre: Improves throughout the season and the lineups vastly improve when he plays.

SpursTalk: We gotta get rid of this guy.
    No matter who we get, I'm come to learn this place will hate him and want him traded immediately after they have one bad game.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre definitely improved since starting. He's at least making open 3s. Still a low level starter but he brings competency and reliability for a team that often lacks both. Also, he doesn't get in the way of Wemby unlike Devin at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with both coming back in a backup role.

Thread Information