Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think these games by Mamu are a fluke. You can tell this is his everyday game. A hustle guy who plays at top speed. An energy guy who can get buckets and provide a nice spark to the offense. He's a guy who doesn't need the ball but can naturally get 10-15 pts at any stretch of a game. I think we'll be a fool to let him get away. Plus he has a really nice 3 ball.

As far as Tre, I can't speak enough of his improvement over the season. Even with all of the chatter saying he needs to be replaced with a "real" PG, he didn't let it phase him at all. Clearly he has a great connection playing along side Wemby. His 3 ball has shown great improvement and has gotten more consistent. Not to mention how well he finishes in the paint, despite his size. He's really crafty with his finishes. He's never going to be a lockdown defender but how many PG out there are? These are two players I think every championship team needs. Guys who do the small things that adds up.
    Last edited by kxs783kms; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:35 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since starting and then missing that last second shot Tre has quietly stepped up. I read 44% 3's since February. Pretty crazy if true. Someone is going to have to be really good to take Tre's minutes. Anyway. Back to Mamu. With Wemby settling in to how he likes to play the passing from Mamu is super helpful.

With Sochan guarding SFs, could Mamu play in the front court with he and Wemby? Where was that experimentation, and with a 20 win team. Anyway. I think Pop already has made up his mind. Curious if Wemby has opinions on who stays.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tre can go...Granham proves wemby plays more free and better when hes has a pg who
    can shoot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since starting and then missing that last second shot Tre has quietly stepped up. I read 44% 3's since February. Pretty crazy if true. Someone is going to have to be really good to take Tre's minutes. Anyway. Back to Mamu. With Wemby settling in to how he likes to play the passing from Mamu is super helpful.

With Sochan guarding SFs, could Mamu play in the front court with he and Wemby? Where was that experimentation, and with a 20 win team. Anyway. I think Pop already has made up his mind. Curious if Wemby has opinions on who stays.
    a sf who cant shoot dont belong in starting lineup with wemby.Think we have to keep champ there unless
    we draft risacher

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ya! Mamu's amazing!

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamukelashvili is a good matchup against Denver. Team seems to be being built to match up against them. anic clashes in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that tre - wemby have the worst connection that they could possibly have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed tbh. Jones or Graham should've been the day-one starter and Mamu should've seen 20-25 mins a night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a sf who cant shoot dont belong in starting lineup with wemby.Think we have to keep champ there unless
    we draft risacher
    Bowen texted. And Sochan could shoot those 3’s especially on a c&s much like Bowen did during those championships years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both Mamu and Tre are back ups on their best days.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen texted. And Sochan could shoot those 3’s especially on a c&s much like Bowen did during those championships years.
    bowen had great players along side with him.Wemby aint got .Wemby gonna need shooters playing with him.
    This whole season proved it,Sochan is not a consistent shooter and cant finish at the rim compared to mamu it seems.

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hope we can keep Mamu, he “gets it” with Vic and has a talent set that fits him.

Tre needs to develop more of a pull-up 3pt threat. Yes he’s gotten better at catch and shoot 3s, but his lack of pull-up 3s when he has the ball is painfully apparent. Shrinks the court and relies solely on penetration to make anything happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bowen had great players along side with him.Wemby aint got .Wemby gonna need shooters playing with him.
    This whole season proved it,Sochan is not a consistent shooter and cant finish at the rim compared to mamu it seems.
    Don’t backpedal now. You didn’t say “unless he had great players along side with him.” I’m sure the PATFO will be surrounding Wemby with better players starting this off-season. And I’m sure the idea of Sochan taking the Bowen role crossed their mind. Sochan can knock down those 3’s especially on a c&s. He’s one of the better point-of-attack defender on the team. Unless they find somebody better, I think Sochan can play the part of the Bowen-role is all I’m saying.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the record show I was vocally Team Mamu when he was playing 0mpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tre can go...Granham proves wemby plays more free and better when hes has a pg who
    can shoot.
    It's weird that Granham was benched why Mcdermott was regularly in the rotation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t backpedal now. You didn’t say “unless he had great players along side with him.” I’m sure the PATFO will be surrounding Wemby with better players starting this off-season. And I’m sure the idea of Sochan taking the Bowen role crossed their mind. Sochan can knock down those 3’s especially on a c&s. He’s one of the better point-of-attack defender on the team. Unless they find somebody better, I think Sochan can play the part of the Bowen-role is all I’m saying.
    how im i backpedaling lol.....If wemby had parker and giniobili alongside with him,Sure u can have sochan in.But he dont.
    Wemby has a bunch of role players who barely have talent or iq.Even if we add better players,Not sure sochan will be here long.
    Just plays slow compared to mamu.Guess will see in sochan 3rd year and hope he blossoms,But wont get my hopes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 0/8 game was sure no fluke... Joke apart, nothing vs. Mamu but. I'm afraid be a bench filler his whole career, similar in some ways to Boban we all liked here.

Tre is a keeper I believe in one way or another.. Not a long term starter but solid back up, good mentailty and locker room guy. You need that kind of guarantees in a team like those spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre is not an NBA PG + he's gotten worse at passing the ball

I get you're all so sentimental so keep him for the ambiance and the bench

But keep him away from Wemby

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 0/8 game was sure no fluke... Joke apart, nothing vs. Mamu but. I'm afraid be a bench filler his whole career, similar in some ways to Boban we all liked here.

Tre is a keeper I believe in one way or another.. Not a long term starter but solid back up, good mentailty and locker room guy. You need that kind of guarantees in a team like those spurs.
    Shouldint be no suprise he will have bad games shooting wise.It happens,It happend to vassell,sochan,branham,collins
    this season,all first rounders.Mamu was waived by the bucks last year,Hes gonna have sum off shooting games lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think that tre - wemby have the worst connection that they could possibly have.
    Thank you

I'm wondering what ppl are watching or what matters for them

I can't stand Tre and his useless play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre - Wemby is not “the worst”. It’s the the most average. The good thing is that he doesn’t make the team worse when he’s on the floor, like Collins. He keeps the team afloat— a net zero. Which is what you want from a bench piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldint be no suprise he will have bad games shooting wise.It happens,It happend to vassell,sochan,branham,collins this season,all first rounders.Mamu was waived by the bucks last year,Hes gonna have sum off shooting games lol
    Don't get me wrong Il like him, and was teasing a little as we need obviously to see him over a much bigger span with heavy minutes (and opponents scouting his game) to really judge him, .not to mention his limitations, but he's just that kind of player who may never really get a chance.
    Last edited by JPB; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:30 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not speaking in a vacuum but how to maximize the pieces we have, the cards we are dealt et cetera. Of course Tre is not a great starter. But he is improving.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get me wrong Il like him, and was teasing a little as we need obviously to see him over a much bigger span with heavy minutes (and opponents scouting his game) to really judge him, .not to mention his limitations, but he's just that kind of player who may never really get a chance.
    he should of had his chance this season earlier in the season.Collins was playing terrible,Bassey got injured,Barlow was in austin.
    Dont understand why he didnt a real chance till now.All i know is wemby and mamu last several games have been connecting to well.
    Gotta bring mamu back another year to see if its real.Cause just wasint feeling it with collins or sochan and barlow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information