Did i misrep his post?
Here's a side by side of the two:
The bottom line was whether we won 22 or 42, the FO knew we were not winning anything and the play in was unlikely and not even productive. So it was a measured tank in that regard, more of a realistic approach and expectations.

When you get to the end, it becomes clear where you will land and what that means for draft picks. So overall I’m not really taking a side or agreeing that the takes were entirely on point. The FO knew we were way off from a contender and that development was the main goal. The late season reps were huge for the next tier players and gave a better information for constructing next season’s roster.

I think it’s safe to say the team overachieved at the end, but the FO knew that any slippage in the draft pick was irrelevant at that stage.

I don’t ever believe the team steps onto tthe court trying to throw a game, that is done primarily through holding out/shutting down players.

I don’t think the Sochan experiment was an intentional approach to tank the season. From a W-L perspective it was of course a diaster. But, Sochan did gain confidence with his ball handling and pushing the ball up the court. I know his BBIQ, play making are universally panned, but the notion that it destroyed his confidence seems far fetched. While the jury may be out on his career prospects, I think he’s a resilient and likable kid and we gained the knowledge that him being the primary play maker is tom foolery.

On the Mamu v Sochan discussion, Jeremy is the much better athlete so what you want to hope for is Mamu (age 24) BBIQ rubbing off on the much younger Sochan. Also, I don’t see Mamu playing the type of elite defense on the other team’s top scoring guards or playmakers that Sochan has shown he can do.